• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Running Discworld Noir on Windows Vista

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2015-04-03

PM

Hello

I’m after some assistance so I can revisit one of my favourite games.

I have the ‘99 version of discworld noir and am trying to run it on Vista. I followed instructions in the following video:

I have encountered problems however after running the cd crack. When trying to run the new .exe file I get the following message:

Cannot change directory to C:/discnoirets

I don’t know how to get around this!

Also when trying to use winexplorer it is unresponsive. Is it compatible with Vista?

Any advice much appreciated!

Thanks!

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I had to resort to a virtual machine running Win98 to get Discworld Noir to play on Vista. Meh

You can check our Community Playthrough of the game - the first few pages contain quite a few posts about people trying to get it to run on modern systems…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2015-04-03

PM

Thanks for that, I will have another go based on the advice in there and see how I get on.

In the original post it refers to a thread on how to play the game on Vista but I can’t access the thread from that link. Is there an alternative link for that thread?

Cheers

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Malachite - 04 April 2015 12:51 PM

In the original post it refers to a thread on how to play the game on Vista but I can’t access the thread from that link. Is there an alternative link for that thread?

It had been archived in the meantime. If you replace www. with archive. in the link, you get this thread.

I hope you find what you need to get the game to work. Discworld Noir is too awesome to NOT be able to play it…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top