• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure- horror game project development

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2015-03-18

PM

Hello!This may be out of topic here , but i don’t know where to post it exactly , so excuse me ... I have an idea ,a storyline for a game .It is something like “narrative driven adventure intense game” , where the behaviour of the player and the choices made in the chapters will affect the story forward , so multiple decisions -multiple endings . I’m looking for game designers, people who can work with game engines like unreal maybe or some other , i didn’t decide the current engine which will be best one . I’m aware that making a game is really hard , but i believe if i can find the correct people with skills we can make some indie small game, also i think the storyline which i had in mind is none to be seen , or at least i didn’t played a title with such story and mehanicks .I can tell only this for now , i find revealing the story right now here may be not a good thing , so i’ll keep that for later. Please if any one with skills of programming in gaming read this and got interested , contact me!

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

If you have no programming or art skills there are two main options:

1. Download Adventure Game Studio, learn to draw and try and make it yourself.

2. Suddenly be rich and employ people to make it for you.

Otherwise; If you can draw/model then make something to show people and you will probably be able to find programmers who are interested on game engine forums, such as AGS.

If you can’t draw and have nothing to show other than an idea then you will probably struggle to find people to help. A lot of people will see a post like yours and read it as “Hi, make my game for me” which doesn’t tend to work.

Good luck.

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2015-03-18

PM

Hi , thanks for the respond and the advices Smile I can draw , but not that much , i have a friend who will help me with the drawing things,i have not only an idea , but a clear view to write the story of the game. So i believe writing the story , dialogs and all other things is also a job, a part of the project, not like telling people “Make e game for me “, cuz in the end everyone will receive what he deserves, i highly doubt i can become rich of that , i want do do it just to be part of the project and to tell my story .I will show soon a drawing of the concept idea.

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

It takes a lot to make a game and even more to learn how to draw, animate and program. My advice to you would be to keep it as simple as possible. Scope creep can cripple a project so keep it in check.

Secondly, as Intense Degree said, try using something like AGS or Visionarie2D to make things easier on yourself. They both have a lot of helpful people on their forums who will give you support and who knows, if they like your idea, they might even be willing to help you with it.

Thirdly, don’t expect things to go as you planned - they rarely do in life and making games is no different. The trick is not to get bogged down in it though. If you keep hitting a wall when trying to do something and it’s eating up development time, it might be worth just dropping the idea and doing something easier. Remember, the sort of games in shops and so on have huge teams behind them that all have their own skills and knowledge. A tiny team of 2 or 3 taking their first steps won’t be able to do much and there’s no shame in that. It takes time and practice - and a lot of patience.

Good luck Smile

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top