• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

GabeJdawg445SpeedBozobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

nomadsoul - 05 March 2015 04:04 AM

to keep bringing exciting twists and drama,
while not going into fatigue like PhoenixWright

That’s a fallacy. Who is to say they won’t? They just haven’t got around to it yet.
Maybe in 5 years we will have Danganronpa VI.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Looks like despair doesn’t let up. How do you approach a third game after the second one broke down the entire formula? I’m expecting something even crazier.

We’ll see. The 2nd caught me by surprise—a third game could be almost anything.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

I’ll buy a third game no questions asked. But I’m worried it’s going to continue in the direction of over the top “reveal-logic” (a term I just made up for stories that favor shocking reveals over explanations that fit the story logic)

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Haven’t played any of the Danganronpa games yet but I am starting to think that playing the second one will ruin the first for me =S

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Haven’t played any of the Danganronpa games yet but I am starting to think that playing the second one will ruin the first for me =S

If there was any games U should play in order, Danganronpa 1 and 2 are them. Play the first one first and then the 2nd.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Origami - 05 March 2015 06:30 AM
nomadsoul - 05 March 2015 04:04 AM

to keep bringing exciting twists and drama,
while not going into fatigue like PhoenixWright

They just haven’t got around to it yet.

Origami - 05 March 2015 03:49 PM

Haven’t played any of the Danganronpa games yet

Who is to say ??
People who played it and knows what content went in and how the story and themes can be recycled and become familiar territory.

And, they have TPS Spinoff too to cover up events between DR1 and 2.
So its technically 3 lore wise, and yeah you need to play DR1.
With success of AnotherEpisode, they will churn out one sequel of that too i imagine.

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

No, I definitely planned on playing them in correct sequence.
I own both games, would not make sense to start with the 2nd.

What I am trying to say was by the sounds of it I feel the 2nd one will change my opinion over the franchise in a negative way and possibly the experience from the first.

I am getting the impression that a twist in the 2nd one will change the way you looked at the first. Like for instance(and this is just speculation no one died in the first one, or the players were never in any real danger etc

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Origami - 07 March 2015 12:06 PM

What I am trying to say was by the sounds of it I feel the 2nd one will change my opinion over the franchise in a negative way and possibly the experience from the first.

I am getting the impression that a twist in the 2nd one will change the way you looked at the first. Like for instance(and this is just speculation no one died in the first one, or the players were never in any real danger etc

That is very wrong.
And also don’t worry, the second will not put the first one in any negative way. It’s a very worthy sequel.

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

No, I definitely planned on playing them in correct sequence.
I own both games, would not make sense to start with the 2nd.

nah, thankfully the second game doesnt “retcon” the first game. The over-the-top reveals of the second game are self contained and dont really impact the first story that much. I generally liked the concept of how its connected to the first game.

But i do have a lot of problems with the plot in DR2… so fingers crossed for 3 that they get back on the right track….

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

For comparison, I would say the relationship between Danganronpa 1&2 is like the relationship between the two Gremlins films. The sequel plays with the formula but it takes nothing away from the first title, which is also very good.

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Another game that did that for me was the PW franchise.

I thought it was annoying how they established why Phoenix became an attorney in the first game, and then tried to give a second explanation in the third game.

Total Posts: 187

Joined 2013-11-12

PM

Origami - 07 March 2015 08:17 PM

I thought it was annoying how they established why Phoenix became an attorney in the first game, and then tried to give a second explanation in the third game.

It was not really a second explanation for why he became an attorney… He became an attorney for the reason explained in AA1, it just happens that because he was studying to become an attorney, he got caught up in the events of AA3.

“Rationality, that was it. No esoteric mumbo jumbo could fool that fellow. Lord, no! His two feet were planted solidly on God’s good earth” - Ellery Queen, The Lamp of God

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

i hated this too. They had all kinds of stuff to build off, expand on, and advance the plot of phoenix’s life.. and instead they try to make each game its own isolated island and they had to go back and make all this stuff up about his “new first trial”. No matter how you cut it, it felt forced.. and it gets much worse in that game. Im in the minority: the third was really my least favorite of the original trilogy.

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Tantei KID - 08 March 2015 03:34 AM

It was not really a second explanation for why he became an attorney… He became an attorney for the reason explained in AA1, it just happens that because he was studying to become an attorney, he got caught up in the events of AA3.

Ahhh…..what set me on the wrong foot was the fact that he studied art as well.
Somehow I was under the assumption that he studied art exclusively first and then switched to law.

zane - 08 March 2015 08:51 AM

i hated this too. They had all kinds of stuff to build off, expand on, and advance the plot of phoenix’s life.. and instead they try to make each game its own isolated island and they had to go back and make all this stuff up about his “new first trial”. No matter how you cut it, it felt forced.. and it gets much worse in that game. Im in the minority: the third was really my least favorite of the original trilogy.

THIS! This exactly! I guess this is what I wanted to point out before. Something really irked me during the whole first case of the third game. Why was there never any mention of his first time experience in court even though it is all super significant? It indeed felt forced. At times almost felt like I was playing a fan-fiction story.

“New first trial” perfect wording. lol.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I was actually amazed by the quality of danganronpa 2 I thought they did a great job I with it here’s hoping we get another great game it he series

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top