• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Bloodwood Reload - a dark 1st person adventure

Total Posts: 487

Joined 2012-10-03

PM

Hello everyone,

I wanted to introduce a good looking indie game in development by a team of Friends of the collective TheIcehouse.fr
This is a game that we want to encourage and we hope you will like it too. It is a 1st person dark adventure game developped with Unity, and to be released this year for free. I’m sure that the developpers will bring you more info soon!
In the meantime, here’s the official announcement.

Bloodwood Reload

Luminy Studios is pleased to announce their new official website:
www.luminystudios.com

We are currently working on our first game, “Bloodwood Reload”

Bloodwood Reload is the updated version of an old project that was first released in 2008 with Adventure Maker. It’s a first-person mystery game with an original story about the secrets to be found within a small village located in central Europe, where time appears to be trapped in the 18th century.

Focusing on exploration, discovery and an interaction within the beautiful and dark world of Bloodwood, the game contains no combat action of any kind, and the few scary parts of the game are less about terror and more about creating an atmosphere of a clammy unease.

Title: Bloodwood Reload
Developer: Luminy Studios
Genre: dark, mystery, first-person adventure
Engine: Unity, realtime 3D
Release: 2015 (TBD)
System: Windows (more?)
Platform: TBD (steam greenlight, IndieDB…)
Price: Free!

This is the page of the game on IndieDB:
http://www.indiedb.com/games/bloodwood-reload

We will keep you updated of their progress on TheIcehouse.fr too!

Total Posts: 33

Joined 2011-03-02

PM

Hi folks!

I am the Lead Artist of the project and first of all want to thank Simon for presenting the game on this forum, he has done a very good summary.

The project is in alpha state, so we have not much material to show. We are now rewriting the original story and puzzles to adapt them to the new engine (Unity). At the same time we are designing the new environments with greater detail and realism.

We recently opened a devblog where we will publish everything related to game development, you can visit here:
http://luminystudios.tumblr.com/

In addition we bring you a comparative image of the original game and how it looks now. As you can see the change is significant, the original had a resolution of 1024x768 and a slideshow format, now the resolution is 1920x1080 3D real time.

That’s all for now, we’ll have more news soon.

Best regards, Vairon.

Joined 2011-03-02

PM

Work in progress… Some objects that we are working for interiors:
Objects for interiors

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I have to admit, it looks interesting and very promising.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2011-03-02

PM

Thanks Mikekelly!! We’re working hard.

Joined 2011-03-02

PM

Great news!!

We’re very happy to announce our first interview in The Icehouse!  You can read more in this link: The Icehouse You can subscribe to the newsletter and keep informed via mail about news.

You can read our second post in our DevBlog, we talk about progress of the project. For now, we are focusing in the design of interiors, here some images where you can see the progress (the work is not definitive):

You can see more HD images in our IndieDB profile.

And we’re working hard to put online the oficial website of Bloodwood Reload, maybe the next week will be operative.

This is all, for now.

See you!!

Joined 2011-03-02

PM

Another comparative image, this time the interior of the inn:

Here the HD version.

Joined 2011-03-02

PM

Great news!
The Bloodwood website is online from today, for the moment there is not much information but we are working to improve the content. Soon there will be great news…

And new accounts of Twitter, Facebook and Youtube! To keep you informed of everything related to Bloodwood Reload and Luminy Studios.

· Twitter
· Facebook
· Youtube
Connect with us!

Joined 2011-03-02

PM

The time has come… WE ARE ON STEAM GREENLIGHT!!
And now we need your help, you only have click the link below and vote YES, and follow us in that website!
Greenlight page.

Thanks in advance for the help and support, this is a very importatn moment for us.

Joined 2011-03-02

PM

Hello there!

I just want to say that the project continues, after a few days of mini holidays we return to the work!

Also we are preparing several articles for the devblog where we will talk about the background of the project: inspirations, how we work, sketches, etc. This will come soon.

Finally, thanks to all people for the support in Greelinght, is very important for us. Remember vote for us!!

Soon more news!

See you!

Joined 2011-03-02

PM

We are very happy to announce that Bloodwood has been Greenlit!
After a short period of time on Greenlight, we have achieved it!
Thank you to all for your support!!

Now another stage is opened in the development of Bloodwood Reload, there is still a lot of work but we will soon be announcing the approximate release date of the game.Also we are preparing several articles for the devblog with the making of the game, curiosities, etc.

Stay tuned for more news!!

Now the real hard work begins.

Joined 2011-03-02

PM

Development status:

The village is completely finished including the interiors of the inn (you can see the new images in our IndeDB page). Now we will focus in the forest and their locations.

Soon we will present a video with gameplay. We appreciate the patience that you are taking, we are trying to develop a game with acceptable quality and that’s not easy.

We also want to say we will not be as active as this now, we focus all our efforts on development. Still publish articles on our devblog and here.

See you!

Joined 2011-03-02

PM

As promised, this is the first of several articles where we’ll talk about the differents aspects behind the Bloodwood Reload like the inspirations for the story, visuals, how we work, curiosities…

In this article we’d like reveal a little on the background for the story of our game.

We hope you like.

Joined 2011-03-02

PM

Hi folks!

We’re very excited to announce our second serious interview as studio, this time are our friends from Just Adventure!

In the interview you can know about the game and about the team, our motivations, our inspirations, our intentions… In short you can know us a bit more in depth.

Also, we thank Karla Munger (and the whole team of Just Adventure, of course) his patience and we want to give the congratulation for your great work ;-)

But there’s more, with the interview you can see 3 new images from Bloodwood Reload: the blood forest…

And that’s all for now, we hope you enjoy with the interview.

See you!

Joined 2011-03-02

PM

Hi everyone!

We have new article on our DevBlog, in this case we show the process of design of Bloodwood Reload, from sketches to final render. We have divided in two parts this article for his extensive content, in this one we talk how an idea becomes 3D.

Here is the article: “From paper to computer (I)”

Enjoy!

Total Posts: 681

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

Fascinating stuff! I remember when the original came out, I really enjoyed it! Can’t wait for the reload!

This message will self destruct in 3… 2… 1… BOOM!!!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top