• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

QUIZ:  “What’s Cookin’ “[ENDED]

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Congrats to Lady Kestrel, Renacimiento, wilco and chrissie! Amazing scores! Thumbs Up

I put in a lot more effort than usually, and I’m still only the worst of those that tried. You guys are awesome for finding so many each time!!! Cool

And now I’m going to check what I’ve missed. The noise you’ll probably be hearing will be me slapping my forehead. Tongue

Edit: bloody hell! I’ve actually played 9 games out of the lot, and I missed 4 of those 9… Gasp

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Wow!  Lady kestrel that’s an amazing score so big congratulations to you & also to Renacimiento & Wilco! Unfortunately I didn’t have much time in the last few days but I’m not sure I could have caught up as I was already all browsed out & had looked at screenshot galleries for all but about 2 of the games I didn’t get!!! Cry

Thank you DarkEye for a lovely quiz! – I had a lot of fun whiling away many hours looking for the scenes when I should have been doing other things - I’ll be mopping my kitchen floor tomorrow! Laughing

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Thanks for quiz Darkeye. Congrats Lady Kestrel!
I have seen way too many kitchens this past week!

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Thanks for a terrific quiz, DarkEye! Thumbs Up You had some real toughies there.  It’s great that so many people played this time.  Kudos to Renacimiento, Wilco and Chrissie!  You kept me looking long after I should have gone to bed.

DarkEye,
You gave me credit for #40, but my answer was Cold Case Summer, not East Side Story.  Does the same kitchen appear in both Carol Reed games? 

I think the award for the most kitchens in a series goes to the same said Carol Reed games.  I suspected that #3 was one, but I couldn’t find that shot anywhere.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 1653

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

Lady Kestrel - 01 March 2015 06:37 PM

DarkEye,
You gave me credit for #40, but my answer was Cold Case Summer, not East Side Story.  Does the same kitchen appear in both Carol Reed games?

That’s a Carol Reeds kitchen, so I suppose that appears in all(more than one for sure) CR games.I just wanted to have a couple of more realistic kitchens in the quiz. Laughing

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

DarkEye - 01 March 2015 07:17 PM
Lady Kestrel - 01 March 2015 06:37 PM

DarkEye,

That’s a Carol Reeds kitchen, so I suppose that appears in all(more than one for sure) CR games.I just wanted to have a couple of more realistic kitchens in the quiz. Laughing

I was originally going to submit a different CR title for that screenshot as yes, the kitchen does appear in a few games with just some slight variation in detail which I didn’t know how fussy you were going to be about!  Laughing  I suspected 3 was a Carol Reed game & I have a screenshot at a different angle that’s not in semi-darkness so I didn’t recognise it!

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

DarkEye - 01 March 2015 04:14 PM

Edit:Iznogood, I was afraid that you can strike again with Paradise kitchen.Yum

Hah! I haven’t reached that part yet, otherwise I’m sure I would have recognized it.
Edit: Of course if I had reached this part it would have given me an ethical dilemma, to post or not to post the screenshot.

I actually did recognize the kitchen from Edna and Harvey, but I thought what’s the difference between a score of 1 and 2, and I wasn’t about to let Diego take the last place on his own Shifty Eyed

Now that I know the answers there are also a couple that I reproach myself for not recognizing, like the ones from Gray Matter, I Have No Mouth and 1954: Alcatraz, but for the most part I was completely clueless . I also think that this quiz takes the price for having pictures from the largest amount of games that I haven’t played, I have only played 26 of the 110 games featured here.

Anyway thanks for the quiz Darkeye, and congratulations to Lady Kestrel and the runners up.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

TimovieMan - 01 March 2015 04:56 PM

Edit: bloody hell! I’ve actually played 9 games out of the lot, and I missed 4 of those 9… Gasp

How’d you get a score of 33 with 9 games played.

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Thanks for a lovely quiz, Dark-I. Smile
I’d like to remind everyone else that kitchens are for COOKING, so please get rid of your mops, hoovers, and other cleaning utensils.

SoccerDude28 - 01 March 2015 08:40 PM

LOL! Quizzes are a lot of hard work, you have to do research. The Guild of Thieves (#25) is one of my favorite text adventues but it would have taken me forever to identify the atrocious Armstrad pic. Devious Dark-I! It’s a mystery to me how others manage it. I fully agree with you that recognizing pics from games I’ve played is the best part. I knew #110 was familiar but I didn’t have a clue where to start looking for it. And then after a week the name suddenly came to me. Very satisfying. Cool

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Karlok - 01 March 2015 10:10 PM

I’d like to remind everyone else that kitchens are for COOKING, so please get rid of your mops, hoovers, and other cleaning utensils.

You haven’t seen the way I cook. Laughing

Karlok - 01 March 2015 10:10 PM

LOL! Quizzes are a lot of hard work, you have to do research.

It also helps if you don’t have to go to work or classes.  Wink

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

SoccerDude28 - 01 March 2015 08:40 PM
TimovieMan - 01 March 2015 04:56 PM

Why do you think the quiz was running for a 10 days? You’ll need some browsing to do for a better score. Laughing
Playing games could help in combo with good memory.I have tried out to play around 50 games from this quiz. Laughing

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

I didn’t expected those Amiga games to perform so well! Hare Raising Havoc, Chrono Quest, Sixth Sense Investigations, Elvira II: The Jaws of Cerberus.
I hope I’m not becoming too predictable! Confused face

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Congratulations to winners (and losers all the other people too).
Let’s party!

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Congrats to Lady K, Renacimiento, wilco and chrissie—those numbers are amazing. And thanks to DarkEye for another great quiz! (You are definitely NOT becoming too predictable.)

I had played six of the games I never managed to identify, so I have much room for improvement on the next quiz.

While searching for the kitchens in the quiz, I of course stumbled across many kitchens that weren’t in the quiz. I thought I’d post two favorites here:

The kitchen above is from the game Normality, and it seems to belong to someone who has good intentions, though the result isn’t always so good. Which reminds me exactly of how I am as a cook. The week after I was newly married, I prepared a garlic dish for my new husband, and unfortunately, I thought that a “clove of garlic” meant the entire bulb. The dish was inedible, but my husband managed to finish it anyway. Which just goes to show that love isn’t just blind, it also lacks taste buds.

The second kitchen is from Gahan Wilson’s The Ultimate Haunted House. It appeals to me because the kitchen basically looks like a torture chamber. Which is how I sometimes think of my kitchen.

Total Posts: 495

Joined 2008-07-23

PM

Congrats Lady Kestrel and a big kudos for DarkEye, I had great fun playing it and I can`t wait for the next one (and I have to say that the 5th place doesn`t sound so bad Smile )

Women come and go… a highscore lasts forever

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top