• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

zobraks - 28 February 2015 05:02 AM
Karlok - 28 February 2015 03:25 AM

Tony Tough is also a comedy

I hardly smiled when trying to play it (and I have tried a couple of times).
But it’s (probably) just me, I wouldn’t recognize humo(u)r if it came up (as tapir!), painted itself in pink (or purple?) and jumped all over me.

Someone else said:

Tony Tough is a traditional 2D “point and click” adventure with a crazy story. The humor and style are reminiscent of old LucasArts games, like Day of the Tentacle.

Yeah, sure.

Something about the voting process and voters trying to get other people to play their preferred game is beginning to bug me.

Welcome to the club!

Your post made me laugh! Must be my weird sense of humor.

I agree, Tony Tough and DoTT are not to be mentioned in the same sentence. Smile
Confession: I didn’t finish Tony. It’s not a bad game though.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Karlok - 28 February 2015 06:06 AM

Your post made me laugh! Must be my weird sense of humor.

It never fails: I always make people laugh when I’m serious.
Glad I made someone laugh today anyway, we humans need to laugh.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 736

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

rtrooney - 27 February 2015 09:05 PM
Bogi - 27 February 2015 07:56 PM

I thought only the last Blackwell game is on the menu, now I see it’s the whole series. Not a chance to go through all of it again, count me out.

Well you could leave the vote as is. Comment on the games you’ve played when you want to. And participate full tilt in the last game. Nothing lost.

I don’t know what are the rules for this, but I wouldn’t want my vote be the one that will decide that the game which will be played be the one that I won’t actually play instead of the one I would.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Karlok - 28 February 2015 06:02 AM

Great! Yeah, Plundered Hearts would never get enough votes. It will be fun to play a text adventure with other people. Smile Zifnab, Oscar, Wilco, how do you feel about an unofficial playthrough at some point in the near future, when it’s convenient for all participants?

Sure. I’m in, the game will never win the voting.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I could join unofficial Plundered Hearts playthrough also, if I don’t get completely swamped that is.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Zifnab - 27 February 2015 07:58 PM

I would prefer a non-comedic adventure this time after TWW as I’m also playing TBOUT2. I’m all comedied out!

Yeah I fell the same way, I’m simply not in the mood for comedy right now.

Iznogood has in fact started a spontaneous playthrough. He is playing the game alone, but he invites people to add their comments and join him.

But still something very different from a community playthrough.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

10 minutes until the deadline. If you wanted your votes to COUNT, NOT TO COUNT… now would be the right time to tell so.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Final results:

9 Toonstruck: diego (leader), wilco, Bogi, SoccerDude28, Karlok, TimovieMan, giom, Lady Kestrel, Sefir
8 The Blackwell Series: Iznogood (leader), Sefir, rtrooney, TimovieMan, Becky, Noddy, Detective Mosely, Jabod
8 Blade Runner: Mikekelly (leader), Sefir, wilco, TimovieMan, giom, Bogi, Noddy, Zifnab
8 J.U.L.I.A. Among the Stars: Iznogood (leader), Sefir, rtrooney, wilco, TimovieMan, Becky, Noddy, Jabod
8 The Night of the Rabbit: Becky (leader), SoccerDude28, rtrooney, Advie, TimovieMan, Lady Kestrel, Bogi, harald
8 Oknytt: Iznogood (leader), Sefir, Karlok, Advie, TimovieMan, Becky, Noddy, harald
7 Scratches: rtrooney, Sefir, TimovieMan, Renacimiento, Lady Kestrel, Becky, Noddy
6 Syberia 2: Iznogood (leader), Sefir, rtrooney, Mikekelly, TimovieMan, Becky
5 Ace Ventura: Karlok, Oscar, wilco, Bogi, TimovieMan
5 Zork: Grand Inquisitor: wilco, SoccerDude28, Lady Kestrel, diego, rtrooney
5 Grim Fandango Remastered: wilco, Sefir, rtrooney, Becky, Noddy
5 Hotel Dusk: Mikekelly (leader), TimovieMan, Karlok, wilco, Noddy
5 Discworld 2: Karlok, Sefir, TimovieMan, diego, harald
5 Tony Tough and the Night of the Roasted Moths: Becky (leader), Sefir, TimovieMan, diego, Zifnab
5 Beyond Atlantis: Lady Kestrel (leader), rtrooney, diego, Becky, harald
5 Plundered Hearts: wilco, Karlok, Oscar, Zifnab, harald
4 Al Emmo: diego (leader), rtrooney, Sefir, TimovieMan
4 The Book of Unwritten Tales: wilco, TimovieMan, diego, Becky
3 Riddle of the Sphinx: Oscar, Sefir, diego
2 Tesla Effect: A Tex Murphy Adventure: Becky (leader), Noddy
2 Below the Root: Oscar, Zifnab
1 Maniac Mansion: Oscar

This was one of the tightest playthrough competitions, and at the end only Bogi’s retract and Sefir’s vote prevailed for Toonstruck to win, with 5 games following it only with a vote behind. It is also noticeable that there’re less players that voted for the winning game than the usual number (great number of proposed games probably has something to do with it), and I really hope that number will be increased during the course of the playthrough, because there’s more than one reason for it. I’ll start the thread soon, with all the necessary information.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Karlok - 28 February 2015 06:02 AM
harald - 28 February 2015 05:04 AM

I’m still with Diego: I don’t see anything wrong with unofficial playthroughs for a small number of interested participants. There have been pretty good spontaneous CPs in the past. Lots of people don’t mind playing two games at the same time, the ongoing casual CP being a case in point.

I agree with this as well. A game like Plundered Hearts will never win in an “official” voting process, but I don’t see why that should stop the four or five dedicated people who’d really like to play it together. It’s not like we want to stop the most voted one from happening.

Great! Yeah, Plundered Hearts would never get enough votes. It will be fun to play a text adventure with other people. Smile Zifnab, Oscar, Wilco, how do you feel about an unofficial playthrough at some point in the near future, when it’s convenient for all participants?

Certainly. It may even have the effect of hooking in the more ‘text-challenged’ forum-goers (not mentioning any names Tongue) so text adventures may actually have a chance of winning something in the future.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

diego - 28 February 2015 06:21 PM

It is also noticeable that there’re less players that voted for the winning game than the usual number (great number of proposed games probably has something to do with it)

The last vote had exactly the same amount of proposed games, so that is not why.
That there was less time for voting than normal is probably part of the reason, and the fact that the voting once again had a controversy has most likely also not helped.

The interesting thing is that the runners up also had less votes than the same games had in the last round, even though the same number of people, but not actually the same people, participated in both this and the last round.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Something about the voting process and voters trying to get other people to play their preferred game is beginning to bug me.

Of no consequence now. But REALLY! Are you saying that trolling for votes is a new phenomenon? That’s simply not true. It has happened in one way shape or form since I can remember. I think I recall accusations of “bribery” Naughty on several occasions.

But, as I said, it’s not material anymore since the game has been selected.

As an aside, there was a conversation between TimovieMan and Sefir regarding the difference between the AGCPT and a CGCPT. Bottom line was that voters in the AGCPT arena are far less likely to play a winning game they did not vote for. All the more reason to try to insure a game you voted for wins.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

My vote goes to Toonstruck!
What?
Wait a minute…
Too late.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

rtrooney - 01 March 2015 12:07 AM

Of no consequence now. But REALLY! Are you saying that trolling for votes is a new phenomenon? That’s simply not true. It has happened in one way shape or form since I can remember. I think I recall accusations of “bribery” Naughty on several occasions.

I remember only lighthearted nonsense about bribes, no real “trolling for votes” as you call it. (With just one exception.) But since I have objections to the voting process and I don’t want to annoy people more than I already do, I think it’s fair if I stop posting about it and refrain from voting in future. I might still join a CP of course.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Oscar, are you leading the unofficial playthrough? just asking…  Innocent
We should start a separate thread instead of abusing this one, but that’s the leader’s job.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Does this mean I need to count the votes for the next one, too? Oh, crap. Anyone wants to volunteer? Tongue

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top