• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Sheet music of Gabriel Knight 3’s Nocturne piano piece

Total Posts: 298

Joined 2004-08-15

PM

I always loved the Nocturne/Montreaux Study piano piece from Gabriel Knight 3! You know the one: this one!
Since I first heard it I wanted to play it myself, but it always seemed to difficult. Not too difficult to play, actually, but to figure out what to play. I never was good at playing by ear. But I matured as a musician since then, and last summer I roughly transcribed the piece and now I brought the sheet music into a more polished form. Since it’s Christmas today, I thought it would be appropiate to share, for all the other people who would like to play it but might be too lazy to figure the notes out for themselves! Wink
I didn’t bother much with specifying dynamics, which didn’t seem necessary anyway since you can always orient yourself at the recording.

But it’s ironic. Now that I finished the sheet music, I just found out that someone else already transcribed the piece, even the more frenetic arpeggio variation, which I never bothered with, because it seemed impossible to play with just two hands! But maybe you didn’t know about it either: here you can find some scores of Gabriel Knight music, including the Nocturne piece. The differences between my and the other transcription were at least somewhat intriguing to me.

I uploaded my score here. Enclosed in the archive is a PDF and the original project file, which can be opened in Sibelius, if you want to change the score for yourself!

Happy Holidays everyone! Grin

Edit: Replaced link

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Thanks for this! I’m always on the lookout for any game scores and this Nocturne is a really nice piece.

Edit: I’m not getting anything in the zip file.

Total Posts: 298

Joined 2004-08-15

PM

You’re welcome! Grin

Don’t seem to be getting anything either. It’s just a 0 byte file. Seems to be a recent issue with the file hoster. How annoying! For whatever reason I can’t attach it to this post either, because the file type is not allowed! Soo…I uploaded the archive somewhere else, to here. Seems to work now! Smile

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Too bad I can only play the guitar - this is one piece I’ve always wanted to be able to play Grin

Well, thanks a lot for doing this, nevertheless! I’m sure a lot of people will appreciate it very much Smile

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

I’ve been playing the guitar for a little over 25 years, but only during the last couple of years did I start practising playing from sheet music (I’ve allways relied on tabulators), and one thing I’ve learned is that just about anything that can be played on a piano, can also be played on the guitar (I also used to play the piano, but ever since I moved out of my parents house about 15 years ago, I could never fit one into my apartment).

So being a “mere” guitarist, is no excuse not to give this sheet music a go Smile , though I’ll grant that playing guitar from sheet music is a whole lot more difficult than playing piano from it. Not the actual playing, but figuring out which strings and positions to choose on the guitar, since this information isn’t included.

Grow some pointy nails on your three middle fingers on the right hand, learn to read notes, check out some fingerstyle guitar, and you’d be all set to get started Smile

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Oh, I learned classical guitar when I was in music school, so I know how to read sheet music Grin Just the two-hand noting is just too different… Though I didn’t even think about trying, just shrugged it off as not suitable for guitar (I suck at musical theory, so I’m not so good at changing the keys and stuff, I’m just used to the usual one).

And, of course, I figured overall that the piece is just not right for the guitar. I guess one might give it a go, though, even if I am sceptical how it would work (especially since I’m not a very masterful player).

Oh, and my fingernails are very long indeed Grin People always used to be shocked by it, especially in school… (I don’t really play with a pick almost ever, even in the odd occasion when I might play a song that works with one (but I play more classical anyways))

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Would it be all right if you reupload the music sheet? The link is dead, unfortunately. Many thanks.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top