• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoluckyloserSpeedBo

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] The Casual Playthrough Voting Thread

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

rtrooney - 16 January 2015 03:49 PM

It would also be interesting to hear all of your thoughts about HO scenes. There were a lot of them in our last game, and that wasn’t a good thing. There are also a lot of HO scenes in Depths of Betrayal and F.A.C.E.S.

Depends on what type of HO scenes they are. If they contain a lot of objects that are “stamped” in the background instead of actual objects, then that’s bad, but if they’re layered and serve a purpose (like the teddy bear fixing one in the beginning of the second Enigmatis game), then bring them on. Cool

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

TimovieMan - 16 January 2015 05:10 PM

Depends on what type of HO scenes they are. If they contain a lot of objects that are “stamped” in the background instead of actual objects, then that’s bad, but if they’re layered and serve a purpose (like the teddy bear fixing one in the beginning of the second Enigmatis game), then bring them on. Cool

The HO scenes in FACES is standard fare. I.e. find the single object in a mishmash/list of objects that you will then use to solve a puzzle. I replayed it recently, thinking that it might be selected as the playthrough. The story is still excellent. And some of the puzzles are fairly difficult. But the number of hidden object scenes did, at times, seem a bit overwhelming. All scenes must be visited at least twice.

The HO scenes in Depths of Betrayal are a bit different. Here is a screenshot from the game’s opening scene.

The hidden objects are physical objects. You can see that one of the objects to be found is an oilcan, which you can hopefully see to the left of the stairs. You can also see that I found part of a number that’s in inventory. Combining that with the other half of the number on the screen’s left will yield a whole number that I can add to the wheel.

There are “usually” two or three of these HO wheels per HO screen. Not all locations have hidden objects. It is rare that you will be able to complete an HO “wheel” in that wheel’s location. You’ll usually find all but one, and must explore additional screens to find the missing object. There are several interesting puzzles, but much of the gameplay is filling the HO wheels. Much like finding the dress pieces on the train in Angelica Weaver. It was still HO, but had more challenge.

Hope that helps.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Vote total as of January 18 (No Change)

I was trying not to post No-change updates, but the thread was about ready to scroll off the front page.

5 Drawn trilogy (played in sequence) (Sefir-leader Painted Tower, Tim - leader Trail of Shadows, TimovieMan, Iznogood, Becky)
4 Dire Grove, Dire Grove - Sacred Grove (played in sequence) (Tim -leader Dire Grove, Sephir, TimovieMan, Iznogood)
3 Depths of Betrayal (Tim, Sefir, TimovieMan)
3 9: The Dark Side (TimovieMan, furgotten, Becky)
3 Nightmare Adventures - Witches Prison (Sefir, Becky, furgotten)
2 Rite of Passage - Child of the Forest (Tim, Sefir)
2 Namariel Legends: Iron Lord (Becky, Tim)
1 Dark Strokes - Sins of the Father (Becky)
F.A.C.E.S.
Nearwood

We need a leader for the second Drawn game, Drawn - Dark Flight. Lady Kestrel said she would lead Dire Grove - Sacred Grove, but I will need her confirmation on this.

I need to go back to the voting on the last playthough. We had some leader volunteers for some of the other games. Don’t know whether those voluneers are still interested.

It would also be interesting to hear all of your thoughts about HO scenes. There were a lot of them in our last game, and that wasn’t a good thing. There are also a lot of HO scenes in Depths of Betrayal and F.A.C.E.S.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I vote for the Dire Grove games and the Drawn trilogy, and I can lead Dire Grove: Sacred Grove and the second Drawn game.

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Vote total as of January 20 (No change)

6 Drawn trilogy (played in sequence) (Sefir-leader Painted Tower, Lady Kestrel-leader Dark Flight, Tim-leader Trail of Shadows, TimovieMan, Iznogood, Becky)
5 Dire Grove, Dire Grove - Sacred Grove (played in sequence) (Tim-leader Dire Grove, Lady Kestrel-leader Sacred Grove, Sefir, TimovieMan, Iznogood)
3 Depths of Betrayal (Tim-leader, Sefir, TimovieMan)
3 9: The Dark Side (TimovieMan, furgotten, Becky)
2 Rite of Passage - Child of the Forest (Tim-leader, Sefir)
F.A.C.E.S.
Nearwood

I went back and saw that I volunteered to lead a few more games, so that’s been added. I’ll not speak for others.

Voting closes on January 31. Once we have the game chosen, gameplay will start as soon as the leader is ready. There are still a few people, crabapple, Uruboo and chrissie to name a few, who haven’t checked in yet. If you see them, let them know their participation is desired.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

New vote is posted. Chrissie, Uruboo, crabapple…..we need your votes.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I seem to have the first two Drawn games so that would give me time to grab the other good candidates from sales. I think I can join, so I’ll vote for Drawn.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 363

Joined 2012-09-20

PM

I’m still on vacation but a cast my vote: DRAWN.

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

rtrooney - 20 January 2015 06:31 PM

New vote is posted. Chrissie, Uruboo, crabapple…..we need your votes.

I’m not sure how much I can commit to keeping up but okay -
The Drawn Series
Dire Grove games
9: the Dark Side

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Vote total as of January 21

9 Drawn trilogy (played in sequence) (Sefir-leader Painted Tower, Lady Kestrel-leader Dark Flight, Tim-leader Trail of Shadows, TimovieMan, Iznogood, Becky, Millenia, Uruboo, chrissie)
6 Dire Grove, Dire Grove - Sacred Grove (played in sequence) (Tim-leader Dire Grove, Lady Kestrel-leader Sacred Grove, Sefir, TimovieMan, Iznogood, chrissie)
4 9: The Dark Side (TimovieMan, furgotten, Becky, chrissie)
F.A.C.E.S.
Nearwood

Voting closes on January 31. Once we have the game chosen, gameplay will start as soon as the leader is ready. There are still a few people who haven’t checked in yet.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

UruBoo - 21 January 2015 05:27 AM

I’m still on vacation but a cast my vote: DRAWN.

As long as you’re back by early February. Smile

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Vote total as of January 24 (No change)

9 Drawn trilogy (played in sequence) (Sefir-leader Painted Tower, Lady Kestrel-leader Dark Flight, Tim-leader Trail of Shadows, TimovieMan, Iznogood, Becky, Millenia, Uruboo, chrissie)
6 Dire Grove, Dire Grove - Sacred Grove (played in sequence) (Tim-leader Dire Grove, Lady Kestrel-leader Sacred Grove, Sefir, TimovieMan, Iznogood, chrissie)
4 9: The Dark Side (TimovieMan, furgotten, Becky, chrissie)
F.A.C.E.S.
Nearwood

Voting closes on January 31. Only a week away. Remember, you can add more games to your “vote for” list at any time. You can also change your mind about a game you voted for. Nothing is cast in stone until the voting closes. I tried to cast a lifeline to crabapple, but have not seen a voting response here. Grab onto a lapel if you run across this character.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

I’d like to vote for 9: The Dark Side

Total Posts: 192

Joined 2006-08-07

PM

I’d like to vote for the Dire Grove games. I should have a computer up and running some time this week.

I really like the first one and have bought the second one, but I expect the differences to be painful playing the games so closely together.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Vote total as of January 27 (No change)

7 Dire Grove, Dire Grove - Sacred Grove (played in sequence) (Tim-leader Dire Grove, Lady Kestrel-leader Sacred Grove, Sefir, TimovieMan, Iznogood, chrissie, harald)
5 9: The Dark Side (TimovieMan, furgotten, Becky, chrissie, crabapple)
F.A.C.E.S.
Nearwood

Voting closes on January 31. Only four days away. Remember, you can add more games to your “vote for” list at any time. You can also change your mind about a game you voted for. Nothing is cast in stone until the voting closes.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top