• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

GabrielJdawg445Undefinedwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

R16 Bracket 4 - The Big AG VS Tournament

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Gabriel Knight 2

Total Posts: 63

Joined 2013-03-13

PM

1.) Gabriel Knight 2: The Beastin Within (FMV FTW! Tongue)
2.) The Secret of Monkey Island (haven’t played the King Quest games back in the day and never got into them when I played them later)

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

chrissie - 21 January 2015 11:45 AM
wilco - 21 January 2015 11:34 AM

M1 - No vote because I didn’t play them but I’m curious about how this one will go. If I had to predict I would say GK2 would be my favourite.

It was another very difficult match as both games in my mind are brilliant but I did choose GK2 because it has the easier interface, I liked the FMV aspect & IMO the game stands up better today - hence the reason for a remake of the 1st!

The good implementation of FMV aspects and the werewolf horror setting are the reason I think it would be my favorite but I do have to try them someday.

Total Posts: 1666

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

M1: No bet
M2: King’s Quest VI:Heir Today, Gone Tomorrow

Total Posts: 555

Joined 2004-02-11

PM

This is like deciding between my children (that I don’t have).  Cry

I think GK2 is just masterfully written, as it’s just very cool how it ties the King Ludwig story in with the present day mystery.  And FMV allowed for the emotional highs to be a bit higher than GK1 was really capable of, due to technology differences.

But GK1 is a classic in terms of puzzles, while GK2 is pretty average in that regard.  And the story is still great, and it’s a bit more revolutionary being the first.  Plus the characters are probably better in GK1 (Gabe, Grace, and Mosely are all classic characters, and they’re all at their most interesting in GK1).  Plus nearly every side character is fun to talk to too.

So yeah ... I’ve finally decided on my favorite game of all time.  Thank you BAG tournament for forcing me to do so.

1.  GK1

Oh ... there’s a second match here?

This one is actually pretty tough too.  I really like both games, but neither are in my upper echelon of favorites.  But they’re both true classics.  I guess I’ll go with KQ6, because of what I said in the quotes.  Tongue And it’s not going to win anyway, but it deserves some love.

2.  KQ6

Total Posts: 189

Joined 2010-06-26

PM

GK1
The Secret of Monkey Island

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

(Ken VS Ken anyone?)

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

1) A though decision but I have to vote for… Gabriel Knight
Heheeeheeeee .. HeHeHeeeeHEEEEEEEHEHEEEEE

Okay… (heehee..) Seriously - I am actually very happy to see two of the GK games up against each other, it is just a pity that the winner won’t meet GK3 in the next round, then we could once and for all settle which of the three games is the best.

Beast does like most Jane Jensen games have a great story, but it is in my opinion also a game with a whole bunch of flaws, and especially those damn hidden triggers where you have to go see your lawyer before you can talk to mr. snobby at the hunting club, or having to scratch a dog behind the ears on Dinerstrasse before a cutscene will trigger at the zoo, or ... irritate me like hell, and always end up having me yelling “WHY.. WHY! WHY did I need to kick that dog before I could talk to Von Glockenspiel” at the screen.

In all fairness, the Grace acts works much better, with much more clear objectives and far less hidden triggers, but… too little too late.

Sins is also not a game completely without flaws, but there are far less of them and they are less annoying. It is also a game that imo is better than beast in every single aspect. I has a better story, better characters, better puzzles, better… everything!
And of course Tim Curry against Whatshisname is not really a contest.

So my vote goes to: Sins of the Farther

2) (no vote)

This is a first for me, two games where I have played both, but I simply can’t decide Confused

Both are imo excellent games and have also both had a huge influence on the whole genre, but I don’t feel passionate about either of them. So my head is telling me it is a 50/50 call and my heart has bailed out on me and told my head to do whatever it think is best, and that is to abstain and let someone else decide.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 86

Joined 2013-03-10

PM

match 2 the secret of monkey island

Total Posts: 601

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

m2: the secret of Monkey Island

Total Posts: 736

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

How come GK duel has so few votes!?

Total Posts: 444

Joined 2012-03-30

PM

Total Posts: 736

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

Just to bump this thread as it seems it received a lot less votes that the first two brackets.

@badlemon

Hilarious! Grin

Total Posts: 192

Joined 2006-08-07

PM

1: GK1. Fairly easy choice for me, though I did play most of this game during a fairly short time. GK2 was more drawn out, which was probably not favourable. I should replay it.

2: KQ6. Really difficult choice, so I’m voting for the underdog.

Total Posts: 55

Joined 2011-09-21

PM

1 - Gabriel Knight 1
2 - King´s Quest VI

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top