• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Talos Principle - PC/PS4

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

seems like this game is destined for high critical praise.
I suppose i will have to try it!

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

I’m really excited for The Talos Principle. Especially after Ian Hinck from GameTrailers.com has been praising it to the skies, as he’s usually very honest and brutal with his opinions.

For anyone that’s interested, here’s a 15’ish minute video of his impressions so far: http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/jbfxcu/just-played-the-talos-principle

Total Posts: 13

Joined 2014-06-17

PM

Just finished the free demo that you can get for The Talos Principle. I must say that I think it definitely deserves all the hype… But what will people say about the $39.99 price tag?

I will say that the public test demo had like 6 - 8 puzzles, not sure what they consider a puzzle so I may be under or over counting, and they say there’s 120 puzzles. That would be a lot of gameplay for me at least since it took me an hour to get through the demo.

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Iv played it for a couple hours now.. and its exactly what i wanted. It feels like im playing a spiritual successor to portal Smile
And it does some things that portal doesnt do. Really fun so far.

Also i think this may be the first adventure game iv seen that: includes QR codes in its exploration. Very cool!

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

razorsedge4444 - 11 December 2014 08:19 PM

Just finished the free demo that you can get for The Talos Principle. I must say that I think it definitely deserves all the hype… But what will people say about the $39.99 price tag?

That is big difference, it’s 18€ in the Steam Store here.

zane - 11 December 2014 08:31 PM

Iv played it for a couple hours now.. and its exactly what i wanted. It feels like im playing a spiritual successor to portal Smile
And it does some things that portal doesnt do. Really fun so far.

Also i think this may be the first adventure game iv seen that: includes QR codes in its exploration. Very cool!

Also played for some hours yesterday, is does have things in common with Portal, but one thing I’m liking is that it’s much more open and less linear. Portal was a much more guided experience, this game rewards player for exploring everything with tidbits of info scattered around the maps. Probably a game where I’ll miss a lot the content in the 1st playthrough despite been trying to explore everything Smile I have a feeling those stars are going to be pain to get them all.

About the story, I still have no idea what’s going on.

Have tou tried going into the water? Smile

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

wilco - 12 December 2014 04:08 AM

Have tou tried going into the water? Smile

yes! and the same thing happens when you try to wander into the wilderness. I dont know whats going on either and i love it.
And yeah, thats the main thing it showcases that portal does not: exploration.

As for the price.. it does seem kind of awfully high in the US store. But then portal 2 launched very high. And so far the price is worth it. (but obviously if you wanted to wait some months you’d surely get it a lot cheaper)

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

About 7 hours into game and still a huge amount of stuff to explore, it’s really big, I don’t think I’m at the halfway point yet.
And now it’s going from “This is interesting and different” to “This is brilliant and mind-blowing!” Smile . Story pieces are starting to fit and puzzles to evolve. World seems to be carefully designed -  star puzzles are specially rewarding.

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Yep! this is definitely a last minute dark horse for adventure of the year for me.

Total Posts: 111

Joined 2006-12-29

PM

Finished this one. Just, wow. I’m not normally a fan of stories that are mostly backstory you piece together by finding texts lying around, but this one was so captivating that it didn’t bother me. Superb writing all around. Also you’ll slowly discover more of a personal stake in it, so that helps.
Somehow some levels also gave me a sense of atmosphere and genuine exploration I have not felt in quite a while, even from games like Vanishing of Ethan Carter. Adding to that the top-notch puzzle design and great production values as well as fairly hefty size (took me over 30 hours and I’m close to but not quite done seeing 100%), this definitely looks like a candidate for game of the year.

The golden age of mathematics - that was not the age of Euclid, it is ours. -Cassius Jackson Keyser

Total Posts: 813

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

Damn you stop trying to make me spend $40 for a game Frown

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I’m a big fan of Jonas Kyratzes, one of the writers. As a supporter of his indiegogo projects I received a 50% discount voucher for The Talos Principle on Steam, which I don’t need. If anybody is interested, send me a PM.

EDIT: voucher no longer available.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

iv played for 20 hours now and it would seem still a ways to go. Its just a very strong and enjoyable experience. The star searching can be tedious.. but its largely because many of them are really cleverly hidden… finding some of them has been really satisfying.

Total Posts: 1079

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

I don’t think i’m exaggerating when i say this game better than portal.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Gabe - 23 December 2014 01:17 PM

I don’t think i’m exaggerating when i say this game better than portal.

I don’t think you’re exaggerating. I agree.

Total Posts: 2989

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Ok. You just convinced me to give money for that thing (and I loved Portal).

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top