• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The unofficial/random “games like…”/game recommendation thread

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

The Last Express

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

OK, I need a game cool that Grin (I know, I know… Inherit the Earth)

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Night of the Rabbit of course!

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

How about a game like:

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Thank you for giving me idea what film to see tonight (yeah, I’m ashamed I haven’t seen Young Frankenstein yet Mini Frown)

As for the game, I’m reminded of a picture posted by Kurufinwe in the Adventure Sound thread:

So - Quest for Glory 4 Wink

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

diego - 31 October 2013 07:04 PM

Thank you for giving me idea what film to see tonight (yeah, I’m ashamed I haven’t seen Young Frankenstein yet Mini Frown)

Enjoy the awesomeness that is Marty Feldman! Grin

And remember: it’s pronounced Eye-gore, and it could be worse. Could be raining. Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

an adventure that is happening at war time? not the kind as memoria!

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Ringworld: Revenge of the Patriarch, Undercover, A Stroke of Fate and a pre-war The Last Express

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

When are the Indiana Jones adventures set?

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

30s, I believe.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Oscar - 17 November 2013 04:34 PM

When are the Indiana Jones adventures set?

Last Crusade in 1938 and Fate of Atlantis in 1939, just before the second World War…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Undercover was a very decent game indeed about WWII, couldn’t stand stroke of fate

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Yeah, I know, but my mobile phone fell off and cracked a bit, it’s not a big deal but I need some advices fast - what adventure game is good to release anger Angry? I know FPS are better option in that regard, but there has to be some good AG for anger management out there…

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

diego - 16 December 2014 06:41 PM

Yeah, I know, but my mobile phone fell off and cracked a bit, it’s not a big deal but I need some advices fast - what adventure game is good to release anger Angry? I know FPS are better option in that regard, but there has to be some good AG for anger management out there…

Emmanuelle or Luxuria Superbia

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2015-06-20

PM

Hi everyone!

I actually joined primarily to ask this question, as I haven’t been able to find any information about this question on the internet and I know this site is home to people who love adventure games like I do.

So here’s the deal. Over the past year or so, a friend and I have gotten together to play the Dark Fall games, an adventure series we both love (he prefers to just watch me play rather than play himself. It becomes a really fun, joint-puzzle solving time.) We love the atmosphere, the historical setting, and especially the way the games handle horror (which is to be more subtle and eerie rather than gory or jump-scary - we’re primarily talking about the first two here, because Dark Fall 3 felt different in tone and we didn’t like it as much). After we were finished with those games, we played through other games which Jonathan Boakes was involved in as well as some other “European paranormal indie games” like Rhiannon and generally enjoyed those two.

The problem is that I can’t seem to find any more games with the same subject matter, style, and tone as the Dark Fall games. I was wondering if anyone knew of any other games that were similar to the games so we could play another game together. I’m specifically looking for 1st person games here, although if there’s a 3rd person game that works with this then we’d be interested in knowing what it is.

So far the games we’ve played are:
Dark Fall: The Journal
Dark Fall 2: Lights Out
Dark Fall 3: Lost Souls
The Lost Crown: A Ghost-Hunting Adventure
Barrow Hill: Curse of the Ancient Circle
Scratches: Director’s Cut
Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches.

I’m pretty easy-going when it comes to adventure games because I like puzzles, but my friend is more story-oriented. Some adventure games in other genres like Sci-Fi he really likes include The Journeyman Project trilogy (including Pegasus Prime but excluding the original) as well as certain Myst games like Riven and Myst IV. He doesn’t really care for games like Schizm: Mysterious Journey and the original Myst because it doesn’t have enough of a developed story. He specifies that by developed story he doesn’t necessarily mean lots of cutscenes or NPCs to talk to but rather having story carry across through the ambience or environment (much as the Dark Fall games do with ghostly dialogue or computer terminals). Games like the original Myst are too puzzle-heavy in relation to the amount of story that is in the environment so that’s why he’s not a fan of that.

So in conclusion, can anyone recommend any first-person adventure games with the same style and tone or subject matter as the Dark Fall series?

(Sorry for the long post, and for the extremely specific circumstances. If you have a game that sounds like we might like but might not satisfy the things mentioned above feel free to tell us as we’re getting desperate haha!)

Thanks again!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top