• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieJdawg445luckyloser

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

PS4 or XB1??

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Was tempted to get a PS4 this Christmas, but thinking about it more, I don’t see any reason to buy one yet. Most of the games I like are on PC too and the exclusives just aren’t there yet. Maybe next year…

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

I broke down and bought the XB1 bundle for 329.99 that comes with Assassin’s Creed Unity and Black Flag, and a one year subscription to XBOX LIVE GOLD. The deal was too good to pass. Right now, the only exclusive game I’m interested in picking up is Sunset Overdrive.

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Jeeze, you people have some good deals there in America. You can still barely find a vanilla, no-Kinect, no-bundle Xbox here for less than, say, 380 €. Which is, obviously, waaay over 400 $ (after a quick conversion, it’s about 470 $...)

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SoccerDude28 - 30 November 2014 01:38 PM

I broke down and bought the XB1 bundle for 329.99 that comes with Assassin’s Creed Unity and Black Flag, and a one year subscription to XBOX LIVE GOLD. The deal was too good to pass. Right now, the only exclusive game I’m interested in picking up is Sunset Overdrive.

Best buy has best gaming rates, SO for 37$, got KI from there too for 15$ only.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

In Nov, Xbone sold more than WiiU but Nintendo Amibo gimmick helped them rack billions.
I think Ninty should make CG movies too , kids and fans will help them make more $$$.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 08 December 2014 05:05 AM

In Nov, Xbone sold more than WiiU but Nintendo Amibo gimmick helped them rack billions.
I think Ninty should make CG movies too , kids and fans will help them make more $$$.

Well, they already started making movies: Smile

Amiibo stuff was the smart thing to do, Activision and Disney were already making money out of the toys. Nintendo has a lot a huge franchises, they would be losing money if they didn’t jump in the bandwagon. Even 3rd party are releasing Amiibos now.

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

CONSOLE WAR. If you are aware of what that is then you know how it goes. i shall make it simple: both got their pros and cons, and for me i’ll go ahead and say PS4. why you may ask? the answer is simple: I prefer it’s system , i’m used to the familiarity of the controller, and almost all of my cousins own PS4 too. To sum up, the choice depends on what you are used to, and the people that you want to join a game with.

Total Posts: 11

Joined 2015-01-28

PM

I’ve been holding off spending money on a new console for a while now, but after seeing this thread I though I’d have a little look, and now i’m £350 lighter!!! So thanks for that! ;-)

In all seriousness though, I got a good deal, well I think so anyway.

Xbox One + Controller
Assassins Creed Unity
Assassins Creed Black Flag
Another Free Wireless Controller
Call Of Duty Advanced Warfare
all for £351.47!

Not too bad!

Zavvi are doing a deal on the xbox with a free controller and the assassins creed games here: http://www.zavvi.com/xbox-one-console/xbox-one-console-includes-assassins-creed-unity-assassin-s-creed-black-flag/11031166.html

and call of duty advanced warfare is £34.98 here: http://www.zavvi.com/xbox-one-games/call-of-duty-advanced-warfare/11063850.html

But got 10% off that for being a new customer and using the code “welcome” found here: http://www.360vouchercodes.co.uk/zavvi.com

So thats the calendar filled for the next 6 months!  Grin

I was originally going to go with the PS4 but like Mark said, I’ve gone with what im used to! I think the XB controllers are nicer to hold and the PS ones tend to hurt my hand after about 20 mins!

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

ForestNugget22 - 07 February 2015 10:52 AM

I was originally going to go with the PS4 but like Mark said, I’ve gone with what im used to! I think the XB controllers are nicer to hold and the PS ones tend to hurt my hand after about 20 mins!

The PS3 controller definitely hurt my hands, but the PS4 one is a vast improvement. The controllers of both consoles are both pretty comfortable now IMHO.

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Well, there was a pretty good deal on the XBox one, so I bought it. I figure it’s not going to sell for any cheaper until maybe Christmas. At least I can go for Ori on it right away, plus it was the FIFA/Forza bundle.

Neither of the games is super interesting to me, but it’ll still be fun to play around in them a little. We used to have all the FIFAs when we were kids, but now I haven’t played any in years. I started being awful in them when they started making them more “simulation” (I thought the arcade-style FIFA was much more fun - 98 was a total classic, so much fun). Also, I never buy racing games, but they’re fun to play whenever I do get to play them so I think an almost-free (because the bundle cost a tiny bit more than the vanilla box) Forza will be quite nice.

Still haven’t had time to unbox it, though. Looking forward to the controller!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top