• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CharophyceanJdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Casual Playthrough #4 - Enigmatis: The Mists of Ravenwood

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Ladies and Gentlemen Welcome to the casual community playthrough of
Enigmatis: The Mists of Ravenwood

The game is a sequel to the last CCP Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek, though the story is more or less, but not completely independent of the first game, so it is not a requirement that you have played the first, or have taken part in the last CCP.

We are once again playing as Unnamed Heroine™ (UH), and the game starts as so many other games does, with us driving peacefully down a road minding our own business, when something strange and spooky happens…

Uuups… Sorry wrong game.
As I was saying, we are driving peacefully down a road minding our own business, when something strange and spooky happens…

And soon after we see what appears to be a crashed motorhome, there is however something odd about this, and there is also no signs of the family that had been in it.

Naturally we start our own search for them, and since it is parked crashed right outside of the main entrance to Ravenwood Theme Park, and all clues lead inside the park, we of course enter the park. Unfortunately not one of those interesting theme parks with rides and other fun stuff, but instead a theme park centred around a giant old redwood.

Here we meet the friendly people working in the park including the director, who are most helpful in finding the family, who had just wandered off a bit because of the shock from the accident, and we spend a nice and relaxing day where nothing spooky, mysteriously, demonic or in any way out of the ordinary occurs… OR DOES THERE!!

Well I won’t reveal anything, except perhaps that it also has a very nice meta-story about the eternal battle between good and evil, that we are being told in small bits whenever we accomplish something, but apart from that you will have to discover what is actually going on by yourself.

Part 1 of the playthrough

So lets get the show on the road. You have until Saturday evening the 29 of November to finish the first part, and you should stop as soon as you manage to get rid of this brute, and a new area becomes available to you:

Important extra info

1) If you haven’t already got the game, it can be bought at both Steam and Big Fish Games and probably also other places, and it is available both in the Standard (SE) and Collectors Edition (CE). This playthrough will as such only cover the SE version, but once we have reached the end, fell free to also play the bonus chapter in the CE version.

2) Once we get inside the park, we will also get a map of the park which can be used for fast travel, though you have to visit the different places first in order to unlock them.

3) Once again there is a deduction board where we can arrange our evidence and make some conclusions. This deduction board also serves a second purpose, as we will get a Little Helper™ (LH) who we can talk to and who will offer us advice whenever we are at the deduction board.

4) This game contains butterflies… and less importantly, also some temporary time-warp-distortions, clicking on them can gain you some extra achievements, and finding them all will earn you the bragging right.

5) Remember to use spoiler tags whenever appropriate, and if you have already played the game before, try to refrain from referencing parts of the game that we haven’t played yet, and if you absolutely must do so, add an extra warning before the spoiler tag.

6) Fell free to post whatever thoughts or theories you have about the game, no matter how silly or insignificant they might seem. Also feel free to post screenshots from the game, but make sure that they are spoiler free.

7) Please post when you have finished a part, so I can make sure that no one is left behind.

Cool Have fun!

Edit: I almost forgot, instead of playing the standard HO scenes, it is also possible to play a different minigame.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Iznogood - 26 November 2014 08:38 AM

4) This game contains butterflies… and less importantly, also some temporary time-warp-distortions

That comment was no accident now, was it?  Wink

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Sefir - 26 November 2014 08:41 AM
Iznogood - 26 November 2014 08:38 AM

4) This game contains butterflies… and less importantly, also some temporary time-warp-distortions

That comment was no accident now, was it?  Wink

He he… Actually it was, it is not my fault that everything is connected and influences everything else in strange and chaotic ways. Perhaps the developers of this game have also played Discworld.

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’ve got rid of the brute! I really like the different style to this game - the 1 HO screen I’ve come across has some interesting interactive aspects, I do like morphing objects although I can’t always be bothered to stare at every screen - I just like it when something catches you in the corner of your eye & you think aha - I’ve got you!!!
I’m very curious & also suspicious about the prisoner who is trying to help you…...

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Just few quick words.

Note the UH’s hands on the steering wheel. That’s something we commented on in the Phantasmat CCP. Specifically that you rarely see than in a game.

Two, tomorrow in Thanksgiving Day on this side of the pond. It involves inviting friends and relatives over to join us in excessive eating and drinking. This is followed by an insanity called Black Friday. This day gets its name from the fact that it is the biggest pre-Christmas shopping day of the year, and results in retailer’s ledgers going from red ink to black ink. Wednesday through Sunday is also the biggest travel time of the year.

So, those of us in North America may be catching up with the rest of you. Smile

Looking forward to the game.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

This game is much creepier than the previous one.  Those piercing eyes staring at me from that cell give me the shivers, and although cooperation seems necessary right now, I don’t trust him.  There are a couple of well done jump in your seat moments, especially in the underground tunnels.

I’ve also reached the stopping point.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I thought the scene just after this one was quite startling.

When the hand comes out and grabs your arm I jumped a bit. (Well, maybe more than a bit.)

Because tomorrow through Sunday is going to be quite busy, I tried to get through to the start of the next section today.

The big boy is down for the count.

Also, somebody needs to remind TimovieMan to pin the thread. Maybe Maple Creek should get unpinned at the same time.

Edit: It must have been done simultaneously with my post. FM. Everything’s right with the world now.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 343

Joined 2012-03-13

PM

I also have reached the stopping point. I think the raven animation is very well done and deliciously ominous. I also like the way the bat opens its eyes when you click on it.

I am also glad to see that UH did not crash her truck. She must be a better driver than the detective in Phantasmat.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

furgotten - 26 November 2014 07:36 PM

I am also glad to see that UH did not crash her truck. She must be a better driver than the detective in Phantasmat.

She crashed her truck in the first game, though. But at least she had a better excuse than the detective in Phantasmat who first and foremost crashed because she took her eyes off the road to stare at a map for ten seconds. Grin

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

The bear is dreaming sweetly. I can’t say the same for those who are rolling out the barrels, so to speak.

I’m seeing instances of the three-horned-creatures image from Maple Creek, though it no longer has the dragon wings. I’m glad we’re learning a bit more of the history of this being.

Happy Turkey Day! You may be able to tell from my relaxed demeanor that I am not hosting Thanksgiving Dinner, but merely bringing the green vegetable and drinks.

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

rtrooney - 26 November 2014 11:07 AM

Two, tomorrow in Thanksgiving Day on this side of the pond…So, those of us in North America may be catching up with the rest of you. Smile

I didn’t realise Thanksgiving Day was now… well yesterday, anyway better later than never, so Happy Thanksgiving!

And it seem like all (most?) of our American friends have already managed to play the first part, so there doesn’t seem to be a need to postpone the deadline, at least not yet.

chrissie - 26 November 2014 10:23 AM

I’m very curious & also suspicious about the prisoner who is trying to help you…...

Lady Kestrel - 26 November 2014 06:17 PM

Those piercing eyes staring at me from that cell give me the shivers, and although cooperation seems necessary right now, I don’t trust him.

Yeah I also immediately got some Hanibal Lector vibes from him, when I first played the game. Perhaps it is just because there is some similarities between the scenes with him, and the scenes in the movie The Silence of the Lambs where Jodie Foster is talking with him.

Does anyone (who haven’t played it before and know the answer) have any suspicions or theories about who he is, why he is locked up or for that matter as to why he is helping us?

Oh.. and any ideas as to why the park suddenly changes, becomes darker, overgrown and in disrepair, compared to how it appeared when we arrived?

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Put the bear down. He’s out cold. We have quite a few hours. Tongue

Man, the atmosphere is remarkably creepy. The statues that blink or change shape really make you feel ‘off’. There’s a constant sense of danger so far. I like that.
Quite a few jump scares, too. The most successful ones so far were the hand reaching out from the cell, and the raven vision when misclicking a few times during a HO scene.

Speaking of the HO scenes, I really enjoyed the ones we got so far. Especially that first one. Finally a HO scene that actually makes sense, has a purpose and doesn’t require you to find any unnecessary objects! This hasn’t happened since the shoe-pairing one in Angelica Weaver.
The extra interactivity also encourages you to actually look at the screens instead of mindlessly clicking whatever looks relevant (only to focus at the end when only two or three objects remain).

Did anyone catch the figure peeping in through the window while in the snack bar? My first thought was “here’s Detective Hamilton again”. Tongue Crazy

Iznogood - 28 November 2014 04:55 AM

Yeah I also immediately got some Hanibal Lector vibes from him, when I first played the game. Perhaps it is just because there is some similarities between the scenes with him, and the scenes in the movie The Silence of the Lambs where Jodie Foster is talking with him.

Well, the eyes look somewhat similar to Anthony Hopkins’s and the fact that we see nothing else of his face is somewhat reminiscent of the [spoiler]masked Hannibal Lecter (check it)[/spoiler].
The similarities are not a coincidence, imo. Why else would they name the achievement for reaching him “Quid Pro Quo”???

Does anyone (who haven’t played it before and know the answer) have any suspicions or theories about who he is, why he is locked up or for that matter as to why he is helping us?

First of all, I think we’re up against [spoiler]another of those Nazgul disciples of Asmodai, but not the preacher. The powers seem too different.[/spoiler]
And as for the prisoner, well, given his extensive knowledge about our villain, I suspect him to be just that: another disciple, possibly even our preacher. I really hope I’m wrong. Freeing him will lead to trouble, I fear.

Oh.. and any ideas as to why the park suddenly changes, becomes darker, overgrown and in disrepair, compared to how it appeared when we arrived?

I think that’s the power the disciple of Asmodai got: he’s a reality warper whenever he’s in raven form. The effects are something similar to when the bell rang at Maple Creek, imo. There also seems to be some time-warping in it. No theories on that yet. Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I have played the game before but have forgotten much of what comes next.  I like the use of the deduction board again, but having the prisoner’s face reflected in the saw blade adds to the eeriness.  The first time I saw (<—heh) him there, the hairs on the back of my neck were prickling.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 84

Joined 2014-11-04

PM

I love this game, I got into Artifex Mundi a few months ago and I’ve played through as many as I can get my hands on. I think Maple Creek is probably my favorite, but Mists has been super fun.

After reading this thread now I really want to replay it and get all the achievements. Love/hate relationship with the fact that none of the AM games can get all of the achievements in the first play-through.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

TimovieMan - 28 November 2014 07:42 PM

Put the bear down.

Where do you want him?  Laughing

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Lady Kestrel - 29 November 2014 05:15 PM

Where do you want him?  Laughing

In front of my fireplace, preferably skinned. Grin

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top