• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CaliMonkGabrielJdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Tales from the Borderlands - Telltale

Total Posts: 345

Joined 2012-04-04

PM

I have no familiarity whatsoever with the franchise, and am getting less enamoured with the whole Telltale formula with each successive game of theirs.

That said, I’ll still give it a go. See what it offers. Who knows…

Something more original and/or adventure-gamey from them at SOME point in the future would be welcome though. Not counting on it though.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I loved their last two games and this one is a day one buy for me on ios.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Surprise! It’s out today:

‘Tales from the @Borderlands’
11/25 @steam_games (PC)
12/3 @PlayStation 4, PS3, XB1 and 360 in North America
Additional dates/platforms forthcoming!

They’re doing a live stream of it on twitch right now. It actually looks pretty good! I didn’t watch all of it just clips due to the nature of their games, but it’s definitely got new mechanics from the usual formula of recent TT games.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Getting 9s and praises , well too many games , into my backlog.

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

It’s probably just me, but I keep hearing that but seeing nothing of interest lol

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Okay, played episode 1 and here’s my spoiler free view.

This is without a doubt an incredible well made game. TT have definitely rampt up the quality as a lot more is going on and the engine runs relatively smoothly throughout it all.

The story already has me hooked with its strong characters and humour with a intriguing central plot slowly developing. There’s a lot more going on with most of the characters having their own issues that drive the characters into the main plot. The choices you make not only effect the person you’re expecting it to effect, but also other people’s opinion of you too.

The episode was far, far longer than those seen in TWAU and TWDS2 and the new mechanics freshen the format up.

It’s still a narratively driven game, but there is a lot more gameplay that works well I think. Besides the standard walkabout moments, Rhys can use his technological advantages to scan objects for more info and to use computers. Fiona relies on her ability to manipulate others around her by out smarting them and saying the right things or by finding money to buy things at certain moments or bribe people (if you wish).

As for combat, it goes beyond QTE’s with Rhys being able to request a robot helper to do the work. You can pick weapons and although you don’t get much chance in this, they setup the idea that you’ll be able to equipped different weapons etc later on.

Overall, I’m really impressed with what they’ve achieved here. It’s definitely built on the core structure we all know of.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Seem to be very well reviewed by the fans of the Borderlands series as well as with the critics. From the looks of it this will be another feather for TT cap.

Total Posts: 460

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

I had a blast with the first episode. You’ll definitely get more out of it if you’re aware of the Borderlands series, but it does a good job of introducing the universe if you’re not.

If you don’t like the gameplay of Telltale’s recent games though, this probably isn’t going to do anything to change that.

Now Playing: Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Baldur’s Gate 3, Alan Wake Remastered, Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
Recently Completed: Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy, Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth, Silent Hill: The Short Message, Under the Waves, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, Control: Ultimate Edition
Anticipating: Beyond Good and Evil 2
Backing: Asylum

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

The interesting thing I’m finding is how they’ve managed to balance the story with comedy and a solid plot. Characters could die very easily in this and in a madworld amount of ways, yet there’s still a chance for you to keep some sort of morals and gain the trust of those around you. It’s certainly not easy as if someones not trying to steal from you, they usually want you dead for some other reason haha.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Well , this is the time to share this.

Cannot wait to play both TTG ver and Pre-sequel(on PS4 > waiting Tongue)

Total Posts: 1075

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Artistically and storywise best Telltale adventure.Nice to see they finally create some balanced humor in a macabre story.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 84

Joined 2014-07-12

PM

Agree that the game looks great, to me better than TWAU and much better than TWD and it runs very smooth on my pc. The story got me interested, but I stopped playing, and will wait for all episodes to be released so that I can play them all in a row. Now to see what did they do with Game of Thrones.

Total Posts: 619

Joined 2012-06-06

PM

I’ll never forgive John Carpenter for this and Ghosts of Mars.

We’ll always have The Thing and They Live, John.

Bt

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Oh boy, that was an awesome first episode. Felt longer than most Telltale episodes - writing and direction was brilliant. Cool new gameplay touches but it’s all about the story and characters here. I don’t give a crap if my decisions will influence anything at this point, I just want to see what happens next!
This felt way better than GoT.

Total Posts: 345

Joined 2012-04-04

PM

Enjoying it too. Humorous and engaging, even for a newbie like me. Always helps when you have Patrick Warburton in your cast who, along with Jon Benjamin, is my favourite voice over guy. Yes all their characters sound the same, but they have great voices so it’s all good as far as I’m concerned.

Have to wait another week for GoT on PS3 in Oz, but it wouldn’t surprise me if I ended up liking this more.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top