• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Dale

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Game of Thrones - TTG

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

GoT out next week

2nd December it’s coming to PC and Mac via Steam, as well as PS4 in North America.
  3rd December it arrives on Xbox One and Xbox 360 worldwide, while Europeans will get it on PS4.
  4th December it hits iOS platforms.
  9th December the PS3 version straggles behind in North America.
  10th December the PS3 version lands in Europe.

2 Tellgames series within a week. - Thats a first.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 189

Joined 2010-06-26

PM

I know right, it’s pretty great. With Telltales growing popularity, especially with games such a Tales From The Borderlands and GOT which brings in new audiences, their team must be growing as well. I imagine they have different teams for each game. At the beginning of the year I was starting to worry they were going to struggle managing to release all of these on time! Just hope there aren’t massive gaps between each episodes like TWAU!!

But anyway, happy days Smile Two games to play this week woo-hoo   Smile

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Launch trailer:

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 736

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

Why are the graphics so catastrophic!?

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

It seems like they’ve gone for a painted art style for the backgrounds.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Bogi - 02 December 2014 11:31 AM

Why are the graphics so catastrophic!?

Depth of field Wink
Hot garbage as I expected, reviews aint as good as Borderlands too. Given the fan base, will sell like hot cakes though.

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Looking on the TT forum, it seems you do need to know a bit more about the universe too. Might give this one a miss then.

Total Posts: 22

Joined 2014-05-25

PM

Hot garbage as I expected, reviews aint as good as Borderlands too. Given the fan base, will sell like hot cakes though.

Sure its not since people had lower expectations for their borderlands game and telltale managed to surpass them lol

but the reviews for game of thrones are still mostly good and its getting much better reception than the 2012 game did.

most critics seem to agree that game starts just like the tv does
with a slow episode mostly focusing on introducing us to the main characters and setting up the story for the rest of the season

If telltale can continue to develop its characters and keep up the pacing
they could have winner on their hands in the long run

Total Posts: 182

Joined 2012-01-08

PM

The style works well for the characters in my opinion, but the scenery seems bare and empty in many shots. With the emphasis being on the characters it makes sense this way, though, and for the fans of the show they can rely on the already established world in their heads.

Total Posts: 2986

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

I like it! These kind of graphics suit the game well imo.

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Anyone played it yet? If so, do you need to know about the GoT show or will it be okay without the knowledge?

Total Posts: 111

Joined 2006-12-29

PM

Tad - 02 December 2014 05:05 PM

Anyone played it yet? If so, do you need to know about the GoT show or will it be okay without the knowledge?

I haven’t tried it myself, but from what Joystiq’s preview is saying you really do need it.

Telltale’s Game of Thrones absolutely assumes that you are not only familiar with the show ... but also fairly up to date. Without getting into spoiler territory, when the game begins, Joffrey isn’t married, but Robb Stark is, and if the significance of either event is lost on you, you’ll be baffled by most of what happens in the episode.

The golden age of mathematics - that was not the age of Euclid, it is ours. -Cassius Jackson Keyser

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Damn. That’s a shame. Thanks though.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

The game starts at a pivotal moment in Season 3 and supposedly can spoil things for Season 3 onwards if you are not up to date with the TV show.

However I doubt that will be an issue as they are targeting fans of the show.

I would have prefered that they went the Walking Dead way and did a completely seperate story in the same universe.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 1235

Joined 2013-03-31

PM

Lucien21 - 02 December 2014 05:28 PM

I would have prefered that they went the Walking Dead way and did a completely seperate story in the same universe.

In TWD, it’s a separate story with new characters happening in the same universe at the same time as the events of the show/comic.

In GOT, it’s a separate story with new characters happening in the same universe at the same time as the events of the show/books.

The only difference is the extent to which existing characters are referenced.  It’s still the same story-telling approach.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top