• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Becky

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Game of Thrones - TTG

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Jade - 20 November 2014 02:52 PM

I was thinking, will this be the first Telltale release since Grossman’s departure?

What’s a real bummer is that Mike Stemmle left, too. (Escape from Monkey Island is so underrated. Grin) I don’t know how true it is, but I’ve read no one from LucasArts is at Telltale, right now. I certainly hope to see more from these gentlemen in the future, whether back at Telltale or in another company.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Frogacuda - 21 November 2014 09:19 AM

That’s called “depth of field,” dude.

Not Sure if serious.
Watch the trailer again , to see the real deal.

There are sections which are worse than vase and chair.

Like this, compare it to busy downtown street in Fables.

http://i.imgur.com/wucKEpJ.jpg

Stop defending, its worse.

(from the trailer, hope its not so bad).

Total Posts: 106

Joined 2014-10-28

PM

diego - 21 November 2014 12:04 PM

What’s a real bummer is that Mike Stemmle left, too.

Hey that’s right, I forgot that Stemmle left this year too. And then there’s Rodkin and I believe a handful of fellow developers who worked on The Walking Dead, all of whom are now at the newly-incepted Campo Santo and working on Firewatch. That’s quite a few people, all in all.

I was listening to Game of Throne’s catchy main theme by Ramin Djawadi. I’m hoping Telltale has licensed it for their series, just like they did with the Huey Lewis songs in Back to the Future.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

TimovieMan - 21 November 2014 11:48 AM
Bogi - 21 November 2014 11:13 AM

Graphics are disgusting

The Game of Thrones game uses a completely different style of animation than TWD or TWAU, so discussing the differences is moot.
And frankly, I’m confident the style will suit the source material.

Graphics look great, imo. Just different…

There is no style, if you compare the density and detail of things, its not better job than TTG’s previous efforts.

Notice all the small details , its painstaking stuff than bland approach in GoT.

Joined 2014-10-28

PM

A good first impression is obviously important, but I think the conclusions being drawn here—based on mere seconds of gameplay in a teaser—are not reasonable.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

nomadsoul - 21 November 2014 01:21 PM

There is no style, if you compare the density and detail of things, its not better job than TTG’s previous efforts.

I’m not convinced it’s worse either. You’re comparing a screenshot taken from a moving teaser for a work in progress with a production still from a finished game. Of course the latter is going to look better…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 22

Joined 2014-05-25

PM

Telltale haters should be happy about this news lol

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/11/21/telltales-game-of-thrones-game-puts-hardcore-fans-first?utm_campaign=ign+main+twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

“Combat and puzzles certainly play a role, as well. “There’s definitely plenty of opportunity for puzzle solving with one character” in Game of Thrones,”

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

roxas11 - 21 November 2014 04:43 PM

Telltale haters should be happy about this news lol

Why?
I’m not a hardcore GoT fan!

And that small remark about one character having opportunity for puzzle solving, well that doesn’t mean that Telltale are actually going to use that opportunity, or even that they are talking about the same thing we are when they use the word “puzzle”.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Iznogood - 21 November 2014 07:03 PM

Why?

Combat and puzzles certainly play a role, as well.”

Tongue

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Monkey Island 1, 3 and 4 also had combat Wink

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Just finished “Wolf Among Us” on the VITA - a very moving game. Loved it.

I’m getting this game day one - I trust Telltale games to put out great stuff!

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2014-10-28

PM

Pre-orders are available on Steam, with a 10% discount. The game looks fun but I’ll wait for reviews before making a decision. How about you, people?

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Definitely a wait and see for me as GoT doesn’t interest me much. Saying that though, neither does the Walking dead tv show and I liked the TT games so…

About the graphics, I think they’re okay. I can see the complaints, but it’s clearly an artistic choice so I’m okay with them.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Never seen “The Walking Dead” TV show but loved the games.

Never read the Fables comic books either.

I’m sure telltale will deliver yet again - they always do.

I don’t buy adventure games for the graphics at all - story and characters please.

I just bought “Home” - that says it all.

http://www.adventuregamers.com/articles/view/21989

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Yeah, I mean, look at “to the moon” for example. It’s as simple graphically as they come, yet it’s capable of making a connection through its characters and story.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top