• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Any news of Bracken Tor or The Last Crown?

Total Posts: 13

Joined 2010-04-05

PM

Have read on Boakes’ blog that he is planning to release The Last Crown in November, which is when the game is apparently set. For all my complaining I will buy the game. If for no other reason, than he [Boakes] is way ahead of the pack in terms of the quality of his games. To underscore the point, I recently had a quick survey of new(ish) horror games on the PC. One that seemed to prove popular with gamers and reviewers was Amnesia: Dark Descent. I decided to give it a go. I was fairly underwhelmed to be honest. It wasn’t all bad and had great sound, but too much of the rest of it was fairly derivative with a dull-as-dishwater narrative that was straight out of the Cliches of Horror Narratives’ book and a control system that had my reaching for the vallium in frustration. It reinforced my belief that for all the delays and obfuscations, Boakes is really the best out there. So, roll on November…or December…or Spring!

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Lermontov - 29 October 2014 02:53 PM

So, roll on November…or December…or Spring!

...2017. Shifty Eyed

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Lermontov - 29 October 2014 02:53 PM

Have read on Boakes’ blog that he is planning to release The Last Crown in November, which is when the game is apparently set. For all my complaining I will buy the game. If for no other reason, than he [Boakes] is way ahead of the pack in terms of the quality of his games. To underscore the point, I recently had a quick survey of new(ish) horror games on the PC. One that seemed to prove popular with gamers and reviewers was Amnesia: Dark Descent. I decided to give it a go. I was fairly underwhelmed to be honest. It wasn’t all bad and had great sound, but too much of the rest of it was fairly derivative with a dull-as-dishwater narrative that was straight out of the Cliches of Horror Narratives’ book and a control system that had my reaching for the vallium in frustration. It reinforced my belief that for all the delays and obfuscations, Boakes is really the best out there. So, roll on November…or December…or Spring!

November is almost gone, and no announcement of the game being released! So I guess it’ll be November 2015!  Woot!

Total Posts: 43

Joined 2007-11-28

PM

Well, I’m glad the Greeks are getting some updates:

http://www.adventureadvocate.gr/news/item/adventure-bracken-tor-the-time-of-tooth-and-claw

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Google Translate tells me that is no update. Or the same update we’ve been getting for years: he’s working on it.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

I read it (I am Greek) and it really doesn’t give any new info. Yes, we knew that the Braken Tor development was frozen “for a little bit” or that Matt Clark is having less and less time because of Blackenrock. The article also mentions that the game’s graphics have gone to old retro like (Barrow Hill).
No dates or specific announcements of course.

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Sefir - 23 November 2014 05:43 PM

The article also mentions that the game’s graphics have gone to old retro like (Barrow Hill).

Anyone here could have told him that 2 years ago. I think people mentioned that already long ago. This will turn out like Duke Nukem Forever, held back too long until it is obsolete.

Why doesn’t Matt just release the damn thing? Tongue

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

I got an e-mail today that made me smile!

So this means Halflife 3 is confirmed right?! Wink

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

I can’t believe it. Is it really true?

*Checks Amazon.co.uk*
Ah, available for pre-order. Hasn’t it been that for many years now?

Total Posts: 473

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Suprised you got an email from Amazon for this since it has been on their website for years.

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

Yeah I know.

If you like this, why not try this thing you already know you can’t have!

Cheers Amazon. Smile

Total Posts: 317

Joined 2008-07-14

PM

You got my hopes up, seeing this thread had replies! XD

Favorite Adventure Games-Lost Crown, Longest Journey, Dark Fall 1&2, Barrow Hill, Black Mirror, Blackwell games, Riven, Myst
Favorite Other Games-Kings Bounty, FTL
Currently Playing-Barrow Hill:The Dark Path
Looking Forward To-Last Crown/Braken Tor

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

April June fool(s)!

I was tricked too.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

My deity Intense, you even woke up Fantasie! That’s amazing Tongue

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

Well let’s see if we can raise Fantasy from her slumber once again with a new Blackenrock trailer.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top