• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoKeybordz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Question re: The Inner World

Total Posts: 448

Joined 2006-11-20

PM

I started playing The Inner World yesterday, and am enjoying it so far….I’m only a couple hours into it. I’ve read a few reviews on it, including the one here on AG, but so far haven’t seen where anyone discussed how SLOW Robert walks around the game world. This to me is the only really aggravating issue I’ve experienced while playing, except for a few times where dialog audio drops out. It wouldn’t be so bad if you could double-click to teleport to the next screen, or if there was a way to speed up his plodding gait. But no…he just meanders along at a snails pace, artificially lengthening the game.

Did this bother anyone else that has played the game?

Life is too short to drink bad wine…

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

I don’t remember him being particularly slow. Maybe I’m just used to worse.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

i cant recall walking speed being an issue.

Total Posts: 460

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

He walked really slowly when I played it last month, but you get used to it after a while.

Now Playing: Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Baldur’s Gate 3, Alan Wake Remastered, Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
Recently Completed: Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy, Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth, Silent Hill: The Short Message, Under the Waves, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, Control: Ultimate Edition
Anticipating: Beyond Good and Evil 2
Backing: Asylum

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

I didn’t find his waling speed slow or bothersome in any way, both in the PC version I played last year and in the Android version I played last month.

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I didn’t remember the walking as slow at all, so I checked (game is still on my hard disc). Nope, quite fast in fact. I played the German version, which shouldn’t make any difference and probably doesn’t. Went to youtube and watched Robert in the English version and yes, youtube Robert is very slow! My own Robert walks twice as fast, I’m not kidding you.

Here’s a link to a youtube walkthrough. I checked two, both Roberts are slow.

EDIT: And here is a faster one.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 1653

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

That so weird, I have played an english version and Roberts walking was fast as Karlok’s german one!

Total Posts: 232

Joined 2010-08-21

PM

They probably patched it after people raging about it. But everyone didn’t get the patch.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

theo - 20 November 2014 10:31 AM

They probably patched it after people raging about it. But everyone didn’t get the patch.

That can’t be it. I preordered the boxed game from Germany, played it without any patch.

Total Posts: 232

Joined 2010-08-21

PM

Karlok: Weird! Sure it didn’t auto-update or something?

Maybe the original build was different for different regions for some reason. Perhaps not even on purpose. (Stuff like that could happen, I guess).

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Yeah, I’m sure. Smile Started playing it the day it arrived.
BTW, the second link in my first post is a fast *English* Robert. It could be argued that this one was patched though.

Joined 2006-11-20

PM

Karlok - 20 November 2014 06:44 AM

I didn’t remember the walking as slow at all, so I checked (game is still on my hard disc). Nope, quite fast in fact. I played the German version, which shouldn’t make any difference and probably doesn’t. Went to youtube and watched Robert in the English version and yes, youtube Robert is very slow! My own Robert walks twice as fast, I’m not kidding you.

Here’s a link to a youtube walkthrough. I checked two, both Roberts are slow.

EDIT: And here is a faster one.

Wow, those youtube vids sure tell a story. I’m not sure what story, but that’s a huge speed difference! I have to say, my Robert is probably half the speed of the slow video you posted….I kid you not! And I just bought this game on GoG a couple days ago, so if it had been patched before now, I should have received the updated version. It is an English version, as I live in the US. The characters (all of them) walk just sooooo damn slow that it takes me out of the immersion and is kind of ruining it for me. I checked the game website at The Inner World, but there’s no tech support or forum links that I could find, so no help there. My system way more than meets the minimum requirements, so I’m not really sure what my next step should be, except to maybe grin and bear it.

Suggestions, anyone?

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

They’re active on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/theinnerworld
Haven’t seen anything about Robert being slow.

You can also contact .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)
Or GOG might be to blame? I don’t know, just guessing. You could ask at the GOG forum.

Joined 2006-11-20

PM

Thanks Karlok. Unfortunately (or not, depending on how you look at it Crazy ), I stay clear of social media; hence no FB account. I’ve posted on the GoG forum, and contacted their tech support, so we’ll see what comes of that, if anything. I will try the support contact at fizbin you mentioned….thanks for that!

Total Posts: 442

Joined 2006-06-14

PM

Try The Patches Scrolls site.  If there is a game patch for any game they usually have it.

Joined 2006-11-20

PM

Dara100 - 20 November 2014 12:24 PM

Try The Patches Scrolls site.  If there is a game patch for any game they usually have it.

Thanks Dara. I checked there but they don’t have anything for this game. Interesting site though! It’s now bookmarked!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top