• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieLady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Her Majesty’s SPIFFING - Out now!

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Holy Cow Smile , fun demo, game backed.

I think the controls work great with a controller. The button prompt on screen could be smaller. Would it be possible to put a shortcut in the D-pad for the options in the action menu. For example: up-use; left-look; right-talk; down-inventory.

Total Posts: 232

Joined 2010-08-21

PM

Totally backed this, looks awesome. Godspeed! Grin

Total Posts: 523

Joined 2010-02-08

PM

WillBarr - 24 October 2014 02:48 PM

The term “butt” is actually a term of endearment popular in South Wales, meaning “mate”. It has been the topic of some confusion even amongst residents of the British Isles so we, er, may drop it. Perhaps this could be the topic of a backer survey should we succeed in our quest for funding! Tongue

Thanks for the insight! For what it’s worth, it didn’t bother me at all and was an interesting cultural quirk. I just asked about it because I thought it was an opportunity to learn something about that culture. Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 38

Joined 2014-10-24

PM

And who said you don’t learn anything by playing computer games Tongue

Total Posts: 67

Joined 2014-08-09

PM

Demo spoilers below

I really enjoyed the part where Cpt English takes over the controls, really funny to see the space odyssey reference, “daisy, daisy” I would love to have seen Cpt English cry uncontrollably over the loss of the tea, but perhaps that would be too far hahaha.

Joined 2014-10-24

PM

We’ve just updated our demo allowing folks to switch between our control pad setup and more traditional mouse point and click controls:

The links are the same as before, you can find them all here.

We know of a few small bugs with the mouse controls (every so often if English doesn’t hit the point he’s trying to walk to he starts to walk in circles, fortunately this doesn’t break the game, you can still move somewhere else, however we blush every time some sees it) but if you do encounter any yourself please let us know.

As ever we’re very keen to hear people’s thoughts!  Smile

Oh, and I know a load of old Lucas Arts games have just been released on GOG today, don’t go mad and buy everything! Save some cash for our campaign!  Money Mouth

Joined 2014-10-24

PM

If anyone on here is particularly interested in 3D animation in our latest update we have a tutorial showcasing how we are doing all the lipsync animation in Her Majesty’s SPIFFING, you can view the video in our latest update here.

If people like these kind of videos we can do more, let us know your thoughts!

Total Posts: 67

Joined 2014-08-09

PM

So close to half way! Keep spreading the word everyone.

Joined 2014-10-24

PM

Posted up a new update earlier that included a tutorial for making this walk cycle:

I don’t know anyone interested in animation sure direct them to our update or the video on YouTube.

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

Often I don’t really like the look of low budget 3D games, but the style you guys have got going is really nice. Overall the art design is just fantastic, really.

Joined 2014-10-24

PM

Thank you Kasper, I’m glad to hear that you like the look of our game.

I’m very fortunate to have a team of guys so talented around me, even on top of our core development team (of our two other artists and programmers) the actors we have, especially the chap that does the voice for Captain English, I couldn’t be happier with. They’ve all bought into the project and have all turned down much more lucrative work to see the game completed. Hopefully we’re able to hit our funding target as I wouldn’t want to have to loose any of these guys and doubt I’d be able to find anyone again willing to make the sacrifices they have.

I think we have a real unique opportunity to make something that will hopefully look like it came from a far bigger studio than ourselves. I’m encouraged and very glad to hear that folks have been so positive regarding what we’ve shown of the game so far! Grin

Joined 2014-10-24

PM

We’ve just posted an update and added a few new reward tiers on our Kickstarter including giving folks the chance to appear in the game as an NPC, such as one backer that has been championing the game for quite some time, BigD:

Here’s a turntable of his character model:

Obviously these rewards are very limited (and quite expensive) so we don’t expect many people will be able to justify spending the money. However, we’ve added a few extra reward tiers, more information can be found in this update.

Keen to hear folks thoughts on here!  Laughing

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

1 week - 7000£ and something to go, time for upping pledges. Good luck

Joined 2014-10-24

PM

Ha, thanks for the bump Wilco! Yea we were sitting bang on needing exactly £7,000 until a chap decided to cancel his pledge. Through the campaign five or six people have cancelled their pledges, I get an alert on my phone every time this happens and you have no idea how depressed it makes me! Frown

Hoping toward the end we’ll see a bit of a boost, I fear come this time next week I will be a wreck of nerves Sick

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Okay I finally decided to back this game.
I had intended to put a hold on my kickstarter spendings, but it would be a shame if this game never gets made.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top