• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Let’s Play Keepsake

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

UruBoo - 26 July 2014 11:12 AM

Diego, what happened to you? You just stoped playing Keepsake in the midle and then, after a year, started it up again???

Hey, that’s HALF a year! But yeah, I AM crazy! Tongue

UruBoo - 26 July 2014 11:12 AM

Only if you have other frozen games to play in between, right?

If you frequented comm. playthroughs, you’d know I have more than one frozen game to finish Tongue At least I decided to give priority to those and I’m not starting other games until I’m finished with it.

In other news - I’m NEVER, NEVER again using imageshack - it ate majority of my screens in this thread, so right now I’m in the process of reconstructing it.

And in OTHER news, a MAJOR breakthrough - I’ve found the unpressed rune! (yeah, that’ll help me much!)

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

diego - 11 September 2014 04:13 AM

If you frequented comm. playthroughs, you’d know I have more than one frozen game to finish Tongue At least I decided to give priority to those and I’m not starting other games until I’m finished with it.

Heh, I know what that’s like. Innocent

In other news - I’m NEVER, NEVER again using imageshack - it ate majority of my screens in this thread, so right now I’m in the process of reconstructing it.

This is exactly why I keep using personal webspace instead of free hosting sites. Anything I put there will only get eaten up when I say so. Tongue

And in OTHER news, a MAJOR breakthrough - I’ve found the unpressed rune! (yeah, that’ll help me much!)

I thought the MAJOR breakthrough was that you’re continuing the game… Wink Grin

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

That sucks, I have personally never had anything deleted by imgur, but you never know what might happen.

and in OTHER news, a MAJOR breakthrough - I’ve found the unpressed rune! (yeah, that’ll help me much!)

Congratulations - and sure it will, you just have to figure out what they are used for Tongue

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I recently started using imageshack. What large, screen-eating entity should I be looking out for?  Meh

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

More than 50% pictures restored! Working on the rest of it, and then we’re continuing with the adventure!

In the meantime, take a look at the tower statues:

Becky - 11 September 2014 06:36 PM

I recently started using imageshack. What large, screen-eating entity should I be looking out for?  Meh

Time. That horrible, picture devourer. Proof of stability for any image-host is how long the screens will stay up (and imageshack just failed on that test).

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Part 10: “Getting back on track” aka “A bridge too far”

Keepsake is a game where persistence, and stubbornness pay off. Exploration, too. After a few-months hiatus, I’ve decided it’s time to try my luck - and the miracle happened! Only few minutes in, and when I was sure I completely forgot about getting my way around and what my main task was, I realized I missed one thing at the island:

Playground slide, anyone?

Another island.

And another “egg stone”.

Another slide. How about the full view:

If you haven’t figured out yet, it’s a puzzle. Something to do with the “disappearing bridges”.

Beautiful.

What’s not beautiful, though, is that I realized I was walking in circles. Let me sleep this puzzle over, I feel dizzy.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Hehe, still soldiering on, I see. Cool

How far along are you in the game?

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

I’d say definitely above 50%, but most likely less than 75-80% Tongue (BTW, don’t you like when the game tells you nicely how much in percentage/points you’re far with the progression? Grin)

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

diego - 29 October 2014 01:06 PM

I’d say definitely above 50%, but most likely less than 75-80% Tongue

Hmmm, forgive me if I’m wrong but you don’t seem to have made much progress since reaching the upper level Tongue, and as I recall it the upper level is easily 50% of the game.

Anyway I’m impressed that you haven’t given up.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Iznogood - 29 October 2014 05:28 PM

Hmmm, forgive me if I’m wrong but you don’t seem to have made much progress since reaching the upper level

Party pooper.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Wait, if I’m getting back to the island where I’ve started, then I never reached that circled one! That’s gotta be the goal of this puzzle!

You see, there’s the advantage of having a let’s play thread with screenshots - you can never know when you can solve puzzle simply by looking at them! (at least, until I get back to the game later, or until Iznogood tells me I’m wrong Grin)

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

diego - 29 October 2014 05:55 PM

Party pooper.

diego - 29 October 2014 06:12 PM

or until Iznogood tells me I’m wrong Grin)

He he - Sorry.
But if it is any consolation, then I’m beginning to forget the game and exactly what you need to do, so it will become harder for me to make snarky comments.

And you are right, you do need to reach that place.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

A year and a half? How this school became so empty? that happen? Anyway, the reason I haven’t made further input is that I reached a game-stopping crash at the exact same spot, and I’ll see if I can resolve the issue now with the fresh install of the game. I lost my save game (I guess I can download it), but on the other hand I’m thinking of playing along from the start and fill in the missing screenshots in the thread, especially because now I have a (neat) bug that Lydia is automatically reaching the desired destination! No more waiting for her to run across the endless Academy hallways. Grin

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

diego - 10 March 2016 10:18 PM

now I have a (neat) bug that Lydia is automatically reaching the desired destination! No more waiting for her to run across the endless Academy hallways. Grin

And how did that happen??? Gasp

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

TimovieMan - 11 March 2016 03:11 AM
diego - 10 March 2016 10:18 PM

now I have a (neat) bug that Lydia is automatically reaching the desired destination! No more waiting for her to run across the endless Academy hallways. Grin

And how did that happen??? Gasp

I have no idea. All I did was a fresh install of the game. Tongue Here, I uploaded the video to show how it plays now (sort of like Mona from A Vampyre Story when you speed her up). All the other bugs in the video (choppy frame rate, graphic glitches…) are because of a screen recording software - in the game, the only “bug” I have is fast travel (sometimes Lydia makes first few steps).

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top