• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Write a review - get one for free!

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

How about another “game” thread? Grin I realize some of the games in the review section on the site lack reviews, so how about this: One user sets up the task - name of 3 game. Whoever answers first, needs to write a short (few sentences/paragraph is enough) review for one of those games, and then gets the chance to ask for another 3 games!

Of course, you can just write the review if you already played the game, but this can also serve as an encourage to finish some games (tell me about it Tongue).

OK, who can write a short review of… Discworld 2?

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

When I said “whoever answers first, needs to write a review”, I didn’t mean you can’t post general comments, like do you like the idea and so on, without a need to write a review Grin

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Discworld 2 gives you the strong comedic story you’d expect from the very books it comes from. While this leads to some funny moments with the voice work coming from Eric Idle, the game struggles with its puzzles due to the world it’s set in. The world lacks logic and so does this game.

Next up: The Vanishing of ethan carter.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Ok il give it a try:
discworld 2 is a good game and you will probably like it if you liked the first. It revels in the absurd, perhaps even more so than the original. So absurd at times that the overall story doesnt take itself very serious and doesnt have the same scope and epic feel of the first game. The game is of course filled with long monty-python-esq rants, and for some people the dialogue can be grating. The puzzles are still fun and entertaining and the setting is as zany and colorful as you’d hope for discworld.

Edit: beaten to it, doh.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

diego - 23 October 2014 06:24 AM

How about another “game” thread?

I guess you guys aren’t ready for that yet… (but your kids are gonna love it.)

(No, really, has anyone played The Vanishing of Ethan Carter?)

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

I think it would help to give 2 review request options, maybe even 3.

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Sorry. Haven’t played it yet…

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

(No, really, has anyone played The Vanishing of Ethan Carter?)

Nope, me either, maybe 2 options for review choices would be good.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

OK, we’re expanding the review options to 3 to increase the chance that someone has played the game. So, the current task is The Vanishing of Ethan Carter, along with Egypt 1156 and Runaway: A Road Adventure.

Total Posts: 444

Joined 2012-03-30

PM

Alright, here’s my short review of The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter.

This is a game that stuns you with its visual presentation the moment you start playing the game. Half of my playthrough was spent in aimless wandering and just gazing at everything before my eyes. I tried really hard to find some duplicate textures or even two rocks that look like each other. Alas, I failed. This game feels like a real living place and I can finally be at peace with fact that real-time rendered 3D games can now look as beautiful as the 2D hand-drawn ones. After my eyes got fed up I decided to explore the adventurous part of the game. It promised no hand-holding and nonlinearity, which was party true. Indeed, you begin the game with no pointers, back story or objectives in an open world which seems explorable in every direction. But when you do explore it you can see that it is really just one big line that covers itself as an open world. There aren’t so much puzzles or story elements, so I never felt the need for any hand-holding. Or the absence of it. Despite the fact that the game wasn’t really challengable I enjoyed my ride because it was really atmospheric. Similar to the experience you get from Dear Esther but with some puzzles and interactivity blended in. With a little bit more challenging gameplay and complex story The Astronauts can create something really groundbreaking.

Next review: The Sea Will Claim Everything (will give more options later if nobody wants to review this)

Total Posts: 444

Joined 2012-03-30

PM

More options: The Sea Will Claim Everything, Snatcher, Tesla Effect

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Tesla Effect

Tex Murphy returns with his first adventure for over 15 years. Wow! It’s been a long time, Tex. But will it be the same? He’s got to be a grandpa by now and not the young, dashing, bumbling detective we all know and love. Will we be turned off by a greying, balding Murphy chatting up women? Fortunately the game worked with these thoughts, and produced a story which didn’t try to insert an older Tex in the same old role pretending that nothing had changed, but instead placed the lapse of time at the center of the story from the very beginning. This was a really clever move by Big Finish. As for the other aspects, well, we definitely got a Tex Murphy game but it’s not quite Tex at his best. While the graphics are excellent, there’s not much to write home about in the gameplay department. The general procedure is to interview everyone, visit a scene, pick up everything you find and use it wherever it fits. Nevertheless it’s lots of fun and good nostalgia for those who remember the classic Tex.

Next:
Rex Nebular and the Cosmic Gender-Bender
Bureau 13
Star Trek: Judgement Rites

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top