• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure game scene… uh, game (continued)

Total Posts: 275

Joined 2010-06-03

PM

I wouldn’t want anyone to die of boredom on my account, so tomorrow I’ll just post solution. C’mon people! Your chance of glory expires in 24 (or so) hours!

Total Posts: 7439

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I feel your pain… Frown
The thread is in a lot of pain too.  Cry
If Doctor Z. would pay the patient a visit, there would at least be still a glimmer of hope.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Finding Teddy

Joined 2010-06-03

PM

That would be it.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Cool.
next one:

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

....‘s .... : III Tongue

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Hey, no teasing, that is correct! KQ3. That was fast Smile
Your turn

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

hehe, OK,  KQ3

next one:

Image Attachments

bandicam_2014-03-11_22-11-08-752.jpg

Total Posts: 783

Joined 2010-10-26

PM

[s] It’s a SQ 3 remake! Laughing [/s]
Nah , it’s Anastronaut II, The Dark Side.

I am baaaaaaaack!

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

yes !!
honorably this game is done by a friend, Anas-Abddin
also it holds Scott Murphy ‘voice’ (guest appearance)

Joined 2010-10-26

PM

Interesting, maybe I’ll try out the demo at AGS. Smile
The Phleebhut type background and cursor finally led me to the actual game.

Ok guys, now it’s time for the Fluffy Fluffy Bun Bun show!
And today, we have a special guest! Introducing… Fluffy’s boyfriend! Laughing Laughing

I am baaaaaaaack!

Joined 2010-06-03

PM

If you were Zobraks, I’d say it was from the Toonstruck. Then I thought of any pink rabbits in popular culture, and the only thing that sprang to mind was an episode of Dylan Dog. Crazy

Then I thought of Chewy Escape from E5, I checked and it wasn’t it. Then I thought of Torin’s Passage, I checked and that was that. Then (yes, I know I sound like a first-grader) I checked the screen itself if it was google-proof and it WASN’T, it just showed as the first result.

And then I felt like a complete jackass for doing all the hard work, while all I needed to do was put the image through google images… So I’ll just refrain from guessing ever again until you guys put some effort into your screenshots. Just screen-capture them from youtube, if nothing else. And if noone can guess after a couple of pics, then put a googlable pic… Or not, suit yourself. If anyone wants to post the next shot be my guest. Have fun and goodbye.

P.S. I apologize to Kate Me, it has nothing to do with YOU in particular, almost everyone seems to post googlable pics these days (kudos to Advie on his previous pic, he didn’t succumb to this trend of laziness Wink )

Joined 2010-10-26

PM

Ok, first of all, Pan  !!!
I HAD to do that! Laughing

Second, YEEESSS! it’s Torin’s passage.

I replayed it a few weeks ago.
I still have it installed.
I didn’t checked if it was googleble or not, because I really wanted to post this, since it reminded me soooo much of Toonstruck. (which I like very much!)

Laziness? No. Loaded the game, and I went to almost all TENEBROUS again, cause I only had a save from after Torin got out of jail!
I gave a Prtscreen, and cut the image and saved. (Oh great, now I sound like a first-grader) Crazy

I am baaaaaaaack!

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Why on earth would the poster of a new pic check if it’s Googleable or not?

Show some restraint and play fair. It’s just for fun, after all…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

So There has a point - NOT because of whether it could be traced by google or not, but because it will spawn life, diversity and breath of fresh air in this thread, and ALL adventure sites, forums… with images that tend to look alike with a little to no original and unique screenshots.

However, and as for the “google” part in this particular thread, my opinion hasn’t changed still since then (DRAMATIS PERSONAE - Zobraks, King of “Adventure game scene… uh, game” thread, Fien, Queen of Anacapri, courtiers, jesters, servants):

- It’s like using “highlight all hotspots” option, or a walkthrough - It’s up to the players (guessers), whether they’ll “cheat” or not. The only negative side of all this is that a player who really knows the answer might not be quick enough because of a guesser who uses Google.

- Just like game designers shouldn’t shape their game with people who use walkthroughs in mind, I’d never let “Google finder” to be the factor determining which screenshot I’d post. I agree Google-proofed screenshots are more convenient if we want to be 100% sure that the guesser really knew the answer, but I will still post the screenshot I’m feeling like posting at the time. I won’t even check if it could be found.

I agree, based on this, there’re two major downsides - We’re not sure whether the right guesser really knew it or not; and We don’t know whether someone who really knew the answer wasn’t quick enough because of someone who cheated. Then again, there’re many quiz threads where you can build your screen-guessing reputation.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top