• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

IronCretinJdawg445Lady KestrelTimovieManwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Dark Dreams Don’t Die/D4 (Swery65)

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Game is out, its PnC adventure game without Kinect

Review for Prologue, Episode 1 and 2

9/10

http://www.destructoid.com/review-d4-dark-dreams-don-t-die-prologue-episode-1-episode-2—281305.phtml

TGS Launch Trailer

Another cult hit in the making.

What Some Devs has to say ,

Nathan Vella (Super Time Force, Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP, Below)

Swery is known for making strange, unique games, and D4 will be no different. But what stands out with D4 is that it isn’t just “weird for weird’s sake.” It’s a cohesive, purposeful, all-encompassing “weird” that makes me so excited to play

Yasuhiro Wada (No More Heroes, Little King’s Story)

D4 boasts a mysterious, stout story supported by crazy, lovable characters. The conversations are an expertly-crafted mix of seriousness and Western Japan-style looseness. This is where Swery’s true worth lies!

Yu Suzuki (Shenmue, Virtua Fighter)

In D4, you dive into a cinematic space and use your entire body to interact with it. I feel like this is the future of games.

Abbie Heppe (Titanfall)

Swery definitely knows strange characters, weird mysteries, and how to keep players constantly intrigued. I expect nothing less from D4 from what I’ve seen.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

So this is Xboxone exclusive atm? A shame. Hopefully there’s a PC release later on at least, really not that interested in purchasing the console. My next investment will be an update to PC anyway.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

millenia - 19 September 2014 05:42 AM

So this is Xboxone exclusive atm? A shame. Hopefully there’s a PC release later on at least, really not that interested in purchasing the console. My next investment will be an update to PC anyway.

Yes Xb1 xclusive.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/video-games/editorials/reviews/12277-D4-Xbox-One-Review

Escapist
4/5

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

This is the first Xb1 exclusive I’ve wanted to play. Hopefully it’s just a timed exclusive, because I’m not getting the console for just that one game and none of the upcoming games hold any interest.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Release out of nowhere… I hope Microsoft publishes it on PC someday.

Total Posts: 22

Joined 2014-05-25

PM

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=902813

So apparently this game was a huge flop and that’s sad considering it ended on a cliffhanger and because of the terrible sales they will probably never continue making more episodes to finish the series

I guess this just shows you what happens when you release a game with zero marketing lol

Total Posts: 78

Joined 2005-12-09

PM

Xbone exclusive, no surprise it flopped. I was interested, but not that interested.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Shame that this will suffer same fate as Bayonetta2, wrong console and userbase.

I finished the game and want more, will share impressions later.

M$ should announce Steam release and recover some $$$ to atleast continue the season till its end. The cliffhanger makes me want to see the end of this arc.

Frown

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

So Microsoft took out the funding for the game and released only the first episodes without any marketing and the game will only be finished if sales justify it… And those sales are now on the hands of fans marketing it…
Yeah, at least release it on PC if you don’t care about the game…

Total Posts: 78

Joined 2005-12-09

PM

Yeah, I’d reckon there would of been a larger audience for this type of game on the PC, but unfinished would be a tough sell and Swery has been very dismissive of a PC release.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Gonchi - 28 September 2014 03:31 PM

Yeah, I’d reckon there would of been a larger audience for this type of game on the PC, but unfinished would be a tough sell and Swery has been very dismissive of a PC release.

Yeah PC only makes sense if they want to continue the arc, otherwise it will be useless
with such a badass cliffhanger.
15$ price which will get even more discounts on steam, M$ ain’t gonna recover PC port investment either.

Here are my impressions.

- Game has plenty of whacky NPC cast, (lynch+anime+hoteldusk), crazy layers of reality based in real world.
- Kinect controls were best i enjoyed after Diabolical Pitch.
- Kinect use is as creative as DS use in Anothercode.
- David can change clothes of NPCs as well as his own outfits.
- Deadlypremonition outfits are available.
- There is important character named F.K, yes Forest Kaysen.
- Coffee , food and lots of chatter on Boston.
- David can channel time through toilets.
- You have to earn stamina for exploration.
- More Exploration than TTGs, you need points for, puzzles are OK, not too difficult, conversation has choices but not bending ones.
- Music is 10/10
- By the end of the episode 2 , everything somewhat comes together, with teaser of future important NPCs.

All in all the game shows that Swery is indeed good enough replacement of Suda.
He has plenty of juice when it comes to writing crazy stuff.

This game is in my AGOTY list along with KZ0.

If all fails i hope Swery manages to make DP2 before vanishing like Rika or Suda.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Great news

D4 is coming to PC. Swery confirmed on twitter

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

wilco - 28 April 2015 09:26 AM

Great news

D4 is coming to PC. Swery confirmed on twitter

#ThanksObama

Total Posts: 419

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Great news indeed. Hopefully there will be a demo since my PC is getting a bit old for gaming. Although I had to get a new graphic card since the old one overheated so I will probably buy a new console before I switch my entire PC rig.  Tongue

NP: A Link Between Worlds, Beneath a Steel Sky and Vampyr

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

For the love of Adventure games buy this season , now priced at 15$ , releasing June 5th.

Check my impressions above, it was my best AG last year along with KZO ep3.

I hope people who aren’t familiar with CraZy Swery, will join his cult after this game.

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

I am waiting for it to get released on GOG.com

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top