• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Neuromancer.utopian

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Game of Thrones - TTG

Total Posts: 1235

Joined 2013-03-31

PM

What makes you think it won’t be set in the same time frame as the books?

All that graphic implies is that it’s not focusing on the main characters from the show, not that it’s set in a different time.

Total Posts: 84

Joined 2014-07-12

PM

SweetDalilah - 31 August 2014 11:16 AM

So it won’t be set in this period? Gasp I won’t be able to play as Tyrion, Daenerys or even Jon on the Wall for that matter?  Embarassed Foot in mouth Cry Man, that sounds disappointing…. Meh Not what I was looking forward at all!  Confused
I don’t want to explore some other Region and character’s I’ve never met! I’ve got books for that for for cryin’ out loud! Angry They said it was going to be based on TV Show! After all they got a contract with HBO not George R.R. Martin!

The same thing was with the Walking Dead, you couldn´t play as the characters from the tv series but the game still had characters with personality. So the main question for me is will they be able to create characters that would make you care if something happens to them, but yes, I agree that it would be interesting to play as characters from tv series.

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

I’m glad it’s set before. TT needed to keep this and Borderlands accessibly for those unfamiliar to the material and they are doing that with both!

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

House Bolton… such nice guys

1st episode will be out this year (which I found strange because they have showed nothing)

Total Posts: 106

Joined 2014-10-28

PM

I can’t wait to see some screenshots! I wonder what art style they have settled on, and what kind of engine upgrades were made this time, if any.

Joined 2013-03-31

PM

I suspect they will follow the look of the graphic novels, which are awesome, by the way.  I’d be totally okay with that.  I my not be a fan of Telltale’s gameplay style, but I love me pretty much anything Song of Ice and Fire related, so I’ll probably still get it and give it a playthrough.  My hope is that they will actually include some true branching narrative paths this time, but I’m not holding my breath.  Smile

Joined 2014-10-28

PM

Well, I’m only familiar with the TV series but seeing how beautiful The Wolf Among Us was, I’d be perfectly happy with a graphic novel look. Unless of course they’d prefer to go for a more down-to-earth, realistic approach. It would be fine too, I’m sure.

At this point, I just want to see some SCREENSHOTS!

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

I think i should post this here,

Grimfandango PS4
Tales from Borderlands
Game of thrones
UntillDawn
and
Witness will be playable (before they are released)at PS experience expo in Dec.
So if its before for PS4 or all platforms??

You will be able to mingle with Devs and other stuff, pass is 50$ for one day open to all.

So i hope someone from this community land there.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-10-31-telltales-game-of-thrones-will-have-five-playable-characters

5 playable characters from the same family. Stark family or maybe some low-key families?

Joined 2013-03-31

PM

http://kotaku.com/images-of-the-new-game-of-thrones-game-probably-leak-1659428254

First look at the art style.  A bunch of images leaked today.  Though they haven’t explicitly confirmed that this is the Telltale game, it’s pretty obvious from the style of the faces (of the generic non-actor-likeness characters) that they are the same artists.  I dig it so far.

Total Posts: 278

Joined 2008-07-11

PM

I like it. It’s kind of weird that the TV show characters look more life-like than the other characters, who all have that elongated look associated with TWD (without the inky outlines). I’m sure they couldn’t get approval from the rights holders until Tyrion, Cersei etc. looked exactly like they do on TV.

Total Posts: 22

Joined 2014-05-25

PM

Cersei’s character model looks like a huge improvement from the 2012 video game

Poor Lena Headey lol

Joined 2014-10-28

PM

I’m not looking at ANYTHING until it’s OFFICIAL!

Alright, alright. I did look at those leaked images. They’re pretty neat, actually.

Total Posts: 76

Joined 2008-01-31

PM

For some reason I was expecting more cartoonish WD/TWAU art style. I don’t know what to think about those graphics… they are not bad, but for me that cartoonish art style has been Telltale’s strongest suit.

Joined 2013-03-31

PM

teme - 19 November 2014 08:11 AM

For some reason I was expecting more cartoonish WD/TWAU art style. I don’t know what to think about those graphics… they are not bad, but for me that cartoonish art style has been Telltale’s strongest suit.

I’d say they’re still pretty cartoonish, probably to a fault, actually.  There is a notable disparity between the characters who are based on actor likeness and the ones that aren’t.  It’s like a bunch of wax figures combined with a bunch of cartoon characters.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top