• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445Veovis

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Walking Dead - Season 2

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

There’s been a new development. If you didn’t download the patched version of episode 5 on the PS3, a entirely new choice is given to you.

During the scene where you catch Mike, Bonnie and Arvo running off with the supplies, the unpatched version gave you the choice to shoot Mike.

Also, do you think this could be right about Arvo?
I think Arvo was stealing supplies from his own group, got caught by Clem and Jane and regardless of your choice, Jane takes his gun (you would be insane to give it back after all). Now, in these desperate times his group would surely notice his gun is gone and demand an answer. He then blames Clem’s group for stealing it and supplies. It goes from bad to worse then.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Tad - 30 August 2014 12:39 PM

There’s been a new development. If you didn’t download the patched version of episode 5 on the PS3, a entirely new choice is given to you.

During the scene where you catch Mike, Bonnie and Arvo running off with the supplies, the unpatched version gave you the choice to shoot Mike.

Cool, seems like a choice that should have been there, wonder why they cut it…  Is there any video of this?

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Found it:http://youtu.be/lwc96osT5TQ

Kinda glad they did personally. It makes more sense for Clem to shoot Arvo than Mike as he’s the real threat with the gun.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Tad - 30 August 2014 01:44 PM

Found it:http://youtu.be/lwc96osT5TQ

Kinda glad they did personally. It makes more sense for Clem to shoot Arvo than Mike as he’s the real threat with the gun.

Thanks, interesting cuts, but I agree should be possible to shoot Arvo instead

Total Posts: 8

Joined 2014-08-30

PM

I only played the first ep this season, but what I did play I can’t wait to get the next 4. Season 1 was so good and I’ve been hearing the finale was kind of a letdown in a way, but after the depressing end to season 1 I doubt they could have gotten too much better for a season 2 end. I have a feeling season 3 and 4 (if we get anymore that is) will be better.

Anyways, for sure grabbing the season pass at some point to complete every episode.

Total Posts: 2989

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Bremaine - 30 August 2014 08:57 PM

I only played the first ep this season, but what I did play I can’t wait to get the next 4. Season 1 was so good and I’ve been hearing the finale was kind of a letdown in a way, but after the depressing end to season 1 I doubt they could have gotten too much better for a season 2 end. I have a feeling season 3 and 4 (if we get anymore that is) will be better.

Anyways, for sure grabbing the season pass at some point to complete every episode.

There are 5 different endings in S02. Some are even better than the S01 ending.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

There are 5 different endings in S02. Some are even better than the S01 ending.

The first ending I got in Season 2 was excellent. Now to replay it for the different endings!

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Sefir - 28 August 2014 05:33 AM
Jyn - 28 August 2014 04:44 AM
Tad - 28 August 2014 04:13 AM

Thinking about it, I suspect regardless of your ending, next season will start with a big time skip. I can’t see them wanting to linger on the story of looking after a baby in this world. Perhaps it’ll be 3/4 year time skip or something.

Seems to me pretty obvious we’ll be playing as the baby himself.

And getting past the timeline of the comic books? That is a bold prediction.

I still believe that they tied the current story with Clem that well, that the most viable solution is an entirely new cast.

Not sure passing the timeline of the comic is a huge issue.

Although the comic did a time jump of it’s own recently so it’s probably a fair bit ahead of the game timeline.

Just finished Ep 5 and I think I got the obvious ending of Clem on her own with the baby.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Thinking about it, I suspect regardless of your ending, next season will start with a big time skip. I can’t see them wanting to linger on the story of looking after a baby in this world. Perhaps it’ll be 3/4 year time skip or something.

I could not agree more. Now how much of a time skip will be interesting to see. I will pick up season 3, I do want to see where this leads.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 555

Joined 2004-02-11

PM

Sefir - 27 August 2014 05:42 AM

Excellent episode. By far the best of the season IMO. Once again, it was focused on characters and not on zombie survival, which is always a + in my books. IMO the episodes this season were like 5>2>3>1>4. Overall, I felt it was a slightly worse season than the first mostly because it felt like many characters were just fillers, failing to create the deep emotional bonds (for good or bad) that were in S01.

As for my choices I stuck with Kenny to the very end. It was a very easy choice for me, because I realized Jane’s plan right from the start. It was idiotic. When someone is on the verge of falling off a cliff, you should pull him back not push him. Also, she could always have ended the fight whenever she wanted. She didn’t - in my eyes it looked like she was looking for an excuse for Clem to kill Kenny. Last but not least, Clem is not Jane. Kenny would have never hurt Clem and the glorious ending (even more touching than the Lee ending from the S01) in Wellington when we trully see how he deeply cares for her and the baby, justified my decision. Smile

Totally agreed on everything.  (Except I’d say the first episode was the weakest.  And I wouldn’t say the Wellington ending was more touching than the season 1 ending, but it was close :-p )

I also saw through Jane’s plan immediately, when she was all “Shhh, this is all part of the plan!”  *wink* to Clementine.  IMO she had set the whole thing up to get Kenny to attack her and use that as an excuse to kill him / get Clementine to kill him.  And that’s fucking insanely evil and manipulative, IMO.  Worse than anything Kenny has ever done.

The hardest decision for me, from either season, was at Wellington, where you have to decide to either go in without him or stay with him.  I was planning on staying with him, because I really don’t think he’d ever do anything to hurt Clem or the baby.  But his begging and speech about how he needed them to survive and how they could be allowed to actually be kids there won me over.

Joined 2004-02-11

PM

Sefir - 27 August 2014 06:56 AM
Gabe - 27 August 2014 06:48 AM

Suprised there are 3 endings this time,why didnt get this end of season one?

Because it would have been difficult to make S02 with Clem as the main if they had to do…as many games as the ending possibilities from S01.

That’s why I believe that in S03 we will se an entire different cast.

My guess is they’ll stick with the same story / group, but skip ahead like 7 years or so.

[spoiler]Clem will be a teen / young adult and the baby will be a kid in need of protection, similar to Clem from the first game.  And they’ll be in Wellington.

[spoiler]As for how they get there from all the endings, I’d guess either each ending will have it’s own opening scene before the jump in time, or they’ll explain what happened through conversation.

[spoiler]The Jane’s endings made it pretty easy to just write it in that that family that they either invited in or didn’t turned on them, killing Jane in the process.  And then Clem found her way to Wellington.

[spoiler]And all of the other endings involve Clem in the area of Wellington, so it’s pretty natural to assume she’d wind up there.  Even the endings where both Kenny and Jane are dead, or the one where you kill Kenny but leave Jane, involve Clem walking north by herself.

[spoiler]I really hope that they do leave in the possibility for Kenny to still be alive in season 3 though, without immediately killing him off to make sure everyone is in the same situation.  This could work either by him making it into Wellington eventually, or by meeting up with Clem again sometime after she leaves there in Season 3.  (Because of course happy times aren’t going to last forever there.  This is The Walking Dead universe we’re talking about.)

Joined 2004-02-11

PM

Tad - 28 August 2014 06:01 AM

Just out of curiosity,

What did you think of Kenny and Jane?  I chose to go with Jane, but it seems a lot of people stuck with Kenny. Now, I don’t dislike Kenny, but thinking back over both seasons, I think he’s been the cause for a lot of the conflicts within’ the groups and I was just sort of tired of it. Jane is far from perfect of course, but I think she does care for Clem and at the moment, it would be best to stay away from groups.

[spoiler]I think both Jane and Kenny genuinely cared about Clementine.  But Jane planned to kill Kenny before that fight even started, to get Clem all to herself.  Kenny never would’ve done something like that.  Not premeditated, at least.  And not unless he thought she was responsible for the baby’s or Clem’s death.

[spoiler]Kenny was a hothead, that made a shitload of bad decisions.  But his heart was in the right place.  Jane was coldblooded and manipulative, IMO.  All she cared about were her own interests.  She cared about Clem because she liked having her around.  Same with Luke.  She showed practically no interest in the well-being of anyone else she met throughout the course of the game.

[spoiler]Kenny’s last scenes in both seasons showed how self sacrificing he could be.  (particularly his death scene with Ben, and the Wellington ending.  Hell, even in the ending where Clem shoots him, he tries to make her feel better before he dies.)

Joined 2004-02-11

PM

Jyn - 28 August 2014 10:44 AM

As for how I feel about Kenny… Kenny’s really the only character who can’t be summed up in a single phrase. Luke is a regular guy, Bonnie is weak-willed and nice, Mike is…I honestly don’t know, and even Jane, who I liked, is really just a loner who has some vague backstory to do with her sister. In contrast, Kenny is a guy with a rich backstory, who’s broken yet tough, loyal but critical, and who crosses the line constantly, but always for a good reason. From a writing perspective, he’s by far the most interesting character, and from a human perspective, he’s extremely likeable because of that.

Of all the characters, I wanted him to survive the most, because he is the most deserving of a second chance in my opinion. When I killed him, it was more because I wanted to put him out of his misery (I thougth the baby was dead) than anything else. Consequently I was annoyed it was a trick, and Jane simply doesn’t have as much interest from me as a person or a character to forgive.

Well said.  I completely agree with all of this too.

(And sorry for continuously spamming this old thread, everyone.  I finally got around to playing this season and feel the need to join in on all these great conversations that I missed out on.)

Total Posts: 2989

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Detective Mosely - 03 December 2014 04:53 AM

(And sorry for continuously spamming this old thread, everyone.  I finally got around to playing this season and feel the need to join in on all these great conversations that I missed out on.)

Not to worry. We understand that with GoT, TWD, etc you are probably in a Telltale marathon. (Let me guess. Borderlands is your next?)

Joined 2004-02-11

PM

Sefir - 03 December 2014 05:02 AM

you are probably in a Telltale marathon. (Let me guess. Borderlands is your next?)

Haha, it’s true!

Actually I need to do episode 5 of The Wolf Among Us too.

That series is fun, but it doesn’t grip me in the same way that The Walking Dead does, so I never got around to playing episode 4 and 5 until finally playing season 2 of this one, which made me crave more Telltale action.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top