• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

angelus_04

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Grim Fandango Remastered

Total Posts: 21

Joined 2013-08-08

PM

Any updates about the controls? The clumsy control in the original game is, for me, what made it NOT be the greatest adventure of all time. Will this one have a point and click option? Has that been revealed yet?

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

liogm - 19 August 2014 12:15 PM

Any updates about the controls? The clumsy control in the original game is, for me, what made it NOT be the greatest adventure of all time. Will this one have a point and click option? Has that been revealed yet?

I’m fairly sure that Schafer basically confirmed that point&click; will be included - though I’m far from 100% on that…

Total Posts: 1235

Joined 2013-03-31

PM

UPtimist - 19 August 2014 03:26 PM

I’m fairly sure that Schafer basically confirmed that point&click; will be included - though I’m far from 100% on that…

Did he actually confirm point-and-click?  Or did he just say they would be addressing issues that people had with the original’s control scheme?  The latter could mean anything, really.

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Hope so. The controls were a big hurdle for me personally.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Lambonius - 19 August 2014 03:50 PM
UPtimist - 19 August 2014 03:26 PM

Did he actually confirm point-and-click?  Or did he just say they would be addressing issues that people had with the original’s control scheme?  The latter could mean anything, really.

It could be that, too (what I meant by “basically” was that he heavily, though indirectly, suggested so). Like I said, my memory is rather shaky about this. Though I do remember that he did at least mention the point&click; fan-mod specifically, somewhere. Maybe in a video…

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I’m pretty sure they’ll give PC players different options for controlling the game.

Total Posts: 1235

Joined 2013-03-31

PM

I was just thinking that a lot of people in today’s gaming world would consider point-and-click to be a much clunkier interface than direct control.  I guess it would depend on how it’s set up though.

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Lambonius - 20 August 2014 10:55 AM

I was just thinking that a lot of people in today’s gaming world would consider point-and-click to be a much clunkier interface than direct control.  I guess it would depend on how it’s set up though.

I’ve noted a similar trend. People want games to use pads more and more, especially now that Steam introduced the big screen option, which makes couch playing with PC easier.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

There will be Double Fine at PAX Prime on Saturday about Grim Fandango. Looks like it could be interesting and maybe some new info shown. Don’t know if these are streamed

Total Posts: 19

Joined 2010-12-17

PM

I hope they add in all of the cut content. For those that are unfamiliar, Tim released a puzzle document quite awhile back that not only documented how the game will play out from A-Z but it also had a large amount of content that didn’t end up not making the final cut inside! 

Here’s link to the document:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/8350715/Grim-Fandango-Puzzle-Document-Original

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I doubt they’re inserting cut content, as that would require them to hire back some of the original cast and I doub’t they are doing that. Unless they have recored all the relevant voice acting for those puzzles at some point in the original production.

But anyways, content is usually cut for some good reason and while I glanzed that document I didn’t see anything there that would have made the game structually better if it would be inserted back.

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

I agree in this case. If we were talking about Full Throttle or something, I’d say the cut content could potentially contribute a lot, but Grim Fandango felt very full and you wouldn’t want to upset the pacing. My biggest issues with Grim were always related to the interface, so I’m glad they’re focusing attention there.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

I also agree, sometimes content are cut because it didn’t work very well or because it simply wasn’t a good idea to begin with.

Nice link though, I hadn’t seen that document before.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 19

Joined 2010-12-17

PM

I agree that the game is already extremely ‘watertight’ (apart from some of Year 3 Sealed Lips) BUT that doesn’t mean I don’t want more and more!

I’d like the characters that didn’t make it to be put in instead of new puzzles. Instead of changing the game’s structure, I would just want more jokes/lore! For that they’d only have to rehire Manny for a few sessions (in terms of rerecording) and he’s still very available. Smile

Strangely though, I share your sentiments about not wanting a sequel. I’m normally the first one to rant and rave about wanting continuations to the things I love too.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

PAX info, at work can’t watch so enjoy

- Touch controls for point-and-click interface, should be playable on tablets
- PC version at 1080p w/ per-pixel lighting effects
- original art assets will be available
- Peter Chan part of the project
- Peter McConnell recording score with live orchestra
- developer commentary likely, alongside other special features

Demo

Edit:

Amazing! Wink

Edit2:

Remastering has to be done, the video is just GF running on PS4, so not final.

Its good to know they are recovering the assets (which i speculated and wanted) and
trying to remaster it with reworked OST.

More here,

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/08/31/grim-fandango-remaster-will-feature-live-orchestral-soundtrack-original-art-assets/

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top