• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CaliMonkSefir

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Walking Dead - Season 2

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

wilco - 29 July 2014 07:05 AM
Tad - 29 July 2014 06:25 AM

So, who do you guys think die as a result of the shootout?

Looking at the angle, I think Mike and Luke might of.

I can’t see how anyone besides Clem and baby can survive, there were just too many of them. Except if they to do the right thing and surrender, but Kenny certainly wont

A rough translation of what the Russians said has appeared online. Basically, the bald tattooed one is ready for a fight, while the girl is confused why Clems group aren’t backing down. Arvo is like Ben and the other Russian with the shotgun wants to back down as there’s too many of them.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I can’t see how anyone besides Clem and baby can survive, there were just too many of them. Except if they to do the right thing and surrender, but Kenny certainly wont

Looks this way to me as well. This sets up a perfect ending to the game…...

Clem and the baby are the only ones to survive. Inside the village there is no food and no other survivors….Clem does find some barbecue sauce and a barbeque pit….

Heart Eyes

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Yeah babysitting is given , and Omid’s wife returning too i guess.
i also think someone will atleast endup being wounded and alive, so an
excess baggage of sorts.

How about kenny/luke dying acting as shield for saving Clems.

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Apparently we’re suppose to get a big choice in the next episode. Loads of fans are saying it’s between Kenny and Luke…

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Loads of fans are saying it’s between Kenny and Luke…

Interesting…........now I’m really interested in how the next chapter ends!

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 2988

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Tad - 01 August 2014 03:48 PM

Apparently we’re suppose to get a big choice in the next episode. Loads of fans are saying it’s between Kenny and Luke…

Well, probably it won’t matter. As in all death choosing situations in TWD, the one you save will die later on anyway.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Sefir - 02 August 2014 02:55 AM

Well, probably it won’t matter. As in all death choosing situations in TWD, the one you save will die later on anyway.

Heh, I guessed what would be in spoiler tags based on the first sentence. Tongue

This has always been one of the main criticism of their games. Who’s to say they’re not listening to any of the feedback and will surprise you later on?
I mean, this is imo a point where, if they never change it, they’ll see their sales drop as people will eventually stop caring…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 200

Joined 2006-05-29

PM

I understand the criticism people have regarding the character deaths being pre-determined, with your interaction having little bearing on the outcome, but you do change the context of each individuals deaths and thus, the overall meaning of each story.

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

The idea of completely different branching stories isn’t feasible. Not even big budget games like Mass effect achieved it. What they can do though, is change the more subtle things that can have you dealing with different consequences later on.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

It doesn’t need to be completely branching. The story could still remain the same but for instance with four different characters (depending on who died and who lived) having some slightly varying dialogues.
It’d be more work and it’d cost more, but it wouldn’t be that vast a difference yet still have significantly more impact to the players.

Even those that don’t replay any of the games should notice by now that every time there’s a choice between two characters, that the one that lives will simply die five minutes later.
Keeping this cycle of ultimately “meaningless” choices is long-term suicide for the series, imo…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

For quick research play following games, the most bending games out there

1.RawDanger (Its an adventure game)
2.Way of the Samurai (can be finished without taking out sword)
3.Heavy Rain( 4 leads die or live on your call)
4.Deus Ex 1 (main NPCs can die in between and can be finished without using weapons)

All these old are games, and now you get watered down bending in TTG.

Total Posts: 2988

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

nomadsoul - 02 August 2014 02:15 PM

4.Deus Ex 1 (main NPCs can die in between and can be finished without using weapons)

1. PS2 only
2. PS2 only
3. PS3 only
4. Action/RPG that I personally didn’t find that much bending on it. At least not storywise in general. (Highly enjoyable game of course)

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

9 hours, 9 persons, 9 doors and the sequel are games that go on wildly different branches that go to very different endings depending on the players choices. Of course you have to go through most of them to get to the “real” ending so in reality there is only one.

The problem with Telltale changing the formula and choices actually having a meaningful impact on the story are the possibility of sequels. They have to achieve a single ending with little variation to get players on the same point or the multiple possibilities would be impossible to account for a sequel.

I don’t see Walking Dead changing the formula much in further seasons but they have to get newer tricks because it’s predictable now.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Sefir - 02 August 2014 04:00 PM
nomadsoul - 02 August 2014 02:15 PM

1. PS2 only
2. PS2 only
3. PS3 only
4. Action/RPG that I personally didn’t find that much bending on it. At least not storywise in general. (Highly enjoyable game of course)

1,2,3 = So what if they ain’t device agnostic, proves nothing.

4. You played wrong. Your brother(Paul) to your whole assistance group could live and die based on your decisions as early as 1st quarter of the game and can later change course of events in last quarter of the game if left alive.
You probably sucked at the game but entire game changes the narrative based on who lives
and dies and the best thing about DX1 which is impossible in any game, is that other characters register all the deaths and events and respond accordingly. Impossible because i have yet to see any game repeating the same level of scripting.

Trying getting Agent Navarre killed in first chapters and see the reactions, funny thing is, she ain’t designed to be killed in opening chapters.

You should know that these NPCs are better written and have far more lines than
your average PnCs Adv game lol.

Edit:

Not action, It was Hybrid RPG when it came back in the day, PC gamers and other
people called it Adv/RPG/Sim with choice to finish the game without any weapons.
Non lethal way , even you can kill bosses without fighting Tongue

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Now I played episode 4 on both the VITA and the ipad - making different choices - true, the results were the same - BUT getting there different ways was all the fun.

Heart

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top