• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The all-things-Tex Murphy: Tesla Effect thread

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

chrissie - 19 May 2014 06:20 PM
Monolith - 19 May 2014 01:34 AM

Is it just me, or was Smart Alex kind of non-existant for most of the game? I kind of felt like the character didn’t play all that much of a role. Is he more important for those that play Casual? I only played in Gamer mode.

I played in Casual mode but to compare it’s a question that can really only be answered by a gamer that’s tried both modes! It wasn’t a feature of the game that didn’t spoil anything but one that I personally thought it could have done without & didn’t for me gel too well. I would have preferred any comments to have been made as aloud thoughts by Tex himself even after death!

Its as if they should of either gone all in, like Arthur from Journeyman, or all out and left it all in Tex’s head. Couldn’t agree more.

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Yeah its the same in both modes, the smart alex is just barely there, the most talking it does is when you try to combine items.. and it just says things such as “no!”. And in a way i think thats a good thing because i wasnt really feeling that voice as a sidekick.. but i agree they shouldv just not used it at all.
I’m in day 8 now.. and i basically just want the game to end… im really tired of the large scapes and pixel hunting. I think i would have stopped playing the game if i didnt have the hotspot finding flashlight… and even with that i find myself feeling annoyed. 

Can you imagine how good this game would have been if instead of a second half drowning in tedious dungeon crawling, they instead added another city hub, a street other than chandler ave, which had new npcs and social interactions and quests that bounced you back and forth between the different city hubs. It has a pretty strong start, and then just devolves into a dungeon crawling pixel hunting nightmare, surrounded by a story convoluted and senseless even by tex’s standards. And the puzzles… “i need a battery” *walk 10 feet* “heres a battery” repeat 10x. Or how about “i have two objects related to the same task, so i better combine them instead of doing the task, so that the objects sit next to eachother in the inventory”.

EDIT: ok i finished. I can appreciate that a lot of work went into this game, and they did successfully bring back tex. But half of the game is a big annoying letdown. For the sake of comparing kickstarter peers.. id rate it slightly above moebius, and give it 5/10.

Total Posts: 90

Joined 2013-06-01

PM

New update video, GOG and Steam sales, plus: Oculus Rift support coming soon!

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

I get how oculus support would be great in the environment bits, but the FMV bits are not 3dimensional so would be pretty jarring.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

The latest kickstarter update talks about the release of the Tesla Effect novel (I’ll check it out to maybe get some light in some points) but more interestingly talks 2 future novels.
One set in the time between Pandora Directive and Tesla Effect that will adapted in an “unique interactive experience” (no idea what that could mean)
And the other novel will be set after Tesla Effect - the grande finale that will be the basis for the possible last game.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I already said it on the KS update, but I think it’s worth repeating, that if it comes to it, I’d be more than willing to shell out some cash again in a new Kickstarter.

Total Posts: 90

Joined 2013-06-01

PM

New trailer - Tesla Effect is FMV GOTY!  Tongue

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Ahah fun trailer

“Where the hell is the key card?” - Yep, I was one of those

Total Posts: 179

Joined 2004-01-25

PM

Hahaha, that was brilliant!

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Guys, you know that part where you find 9 pieces of the Ankh in Sensen? Is the game meant to automatically put them together? Because mine doesn’t. A bug perhaps?

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Zifnab - 02 August 2014 04:50 AM

Guys, you know that part where you find 9 pieces of the Ankh in Sensen? Is the game meant to automatically put them together? Because mine doesn’t. A bug perhaps?

No bug, you have to put them together yourself. An easy puzzle. But you need something else to be able to do that.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Oh come on, that was ridiculous (the hidden object part). Shame, because I quite liked all the puzzles up until now.

I suppose I’m going to have to do the same thing at the beach house where I couldn’t find all the baseball cards?

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Are you talking to me??

Yes, there are more objects like the baseball cards and the Ankh pieces to find. Tesla Effect has that in common with the other Tex Murphy games.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

It gets better after Sesen and the beach house, slows down on the hidden object stuff.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Karlok - 02 August 2014 05:35 AM

Are you talking to me??

Tongue

Don’t mind me, carry on.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top