• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

DaleKeybordzzobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Quest for Infamy Discussion and Impressions

Total Posts: 278

Joined 2008-07-11

PM

Blackthorne - 20 July 2014 09:43 PM

Our battle system was not exactly the same as QFG by any means, and if we do a sequel, we’ll definitely get the opportunity to refine and create.

Cool. Is a sequel to QFI a high priority, or are you guys considering something different for your next game too?

Savatage79 - 20 July 2014 09:47 PM

Nah, this is what makes variety fun. If everyone made games to conform to a more broad and popular setup then you’d eventually having so many games sharing similar qualities.

That wasn’t what I was suggesting at all. I was simply saying that including mechanics because they’re a staple of a genre isn’t a very compelling reason to do so. Traditions should be questioned, inside and outside of game development.

Total Posts: 619

Joined 2012-06-06

PM

We don’t have a sequel in production, currently, but I’m always thinking of things.  Not quite sure exactly what the future holds, but keeping options open is definitely a priority!

Bt

Total Posts: 9

Joined 2014-07-11

PM

After reading about this game I am really interesting.

However I have been wondering about one thing, since this games clearly drinks so much of the Sierra games of yesteryear :-) I am always worried about one thing, the only thing that I found as a black spot in Sierra games.

DEAD ENDS, that is the little balck spor for me I had not problem years ago with this, I had more than enough time to retry a game many times, but right now I can’t.

So everytime I see a new game inspired on Sierra games I ask does this game have DEAD ENDS?

Total Posts: 1235

Joined 2013-03-31

PM

No, there are no dead ends in this game.  Pretty sure none of the Quest for Glory games had them either.  Smile

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

I came very very close to having a dead end and having to potentially start over. The game doesnt show you endurance or how close you are to exhausting, but you can die from exhaustion. I got a message that id have to sleep “eventually”. I save.. about 2 seconds later my character dies from exhaustion. Rendering me fairly stuck. But i found if i could click rest where i was, and that would increase my timer by a couple seconds enough for me to fast travel to somewhere i could sleep.

Total Posts: 9

Joined 2014-07-11

PM

Lambonius - 21 July 2014 12:03 PM

No, there are no dead ends in this game.  Pretty sure none of the Quest for Glory games had them either.  Smile

Great!! Thanks, that is a Thread I would love to do, I was looking and there is nothing similar as a list of games with dead ends.

It would be great to know wich games have or not dead ends.

I finished the hero quest games, but I tought I was just good.

It Would be really nice to make a list with wich games have dead ends.

I remember not taking the slime at the beginning of Space Quest IV and man when I got to the end I was like but what I am suppose to do, had to read a guide

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I think QfG2 might have had at least 1 dead end on the elemental quests depending on what character you play.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

tomimt - 21 July 2014 01:31 PM

I think QfG2 might have had at least 1 dead end on the elemental quests depending on what character you play.

Almost, yes, each character has a dead end when it comes to beat Ad Avis, depending on something that is missed or dropped or just being worn out, also for all of the three characters there is one other dead end concerning not visiting the jeweler when asked to.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

and i must say, despite having a large variety of complaints about the mechanics (and a wide variety of bugs), i do really like this game. The atmosphere is very nice and im having a good deal of fun.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Night time daytime, forest, music, dialogues , job well done.

Quite big forest actually got eaten badly Wink

Kayanna is hot, her voice though goes apeshit in pitch/scale , recording is screwed.

Didn’t know Bt is main guy behind this. Great job Bt especially if all the text is
written by you.

Spit out my coffee on Jimmy no more, H2SO4 Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 127

Joined 2012-02-10

PM

I remember not taking the slime at the beginning of Space Quest IV and man when I got to the end I was like but what I am suppose to do, had to read a guide

This dead end is infamous and yet… amazingly enough, at least on the floppy disc version I played, it’s not actually a dead end, just a very counterintuitive action.

You can actually stow away on the yellow spaceship a second time, go back down, get back into the sewers, and get what you need… then stow away again for the finale. Repeatedly. But nobody tries this, because the game gives you no real reason to.

The nastier dead end is that if you didn’t write down the time pod code at the beginning of the game, nothing can save you at the end.

Quest for Glory 1 had no dead ends that I recall offhand, unless you count clear penalties for doing something unheroic and being cut off from a key quest in an open and obvious way. Quest for Glory 2 did have a few dead ends, and it was quite possible to get to the endgame and be in deep trouble if you chose your skill wishes badly and had to face an unwinnable skill challenge. But it was mostly reasonable. Quest for Glory 4 had some dead ends courtesy of unwinnability bugs, but was otherwise remarkably fair.

Did QfG3 have any dead ends? I imagine there were some involving unheroic actions or failing to do some just thing. QfG5 didn’t seem to have any, partly as a consequence of its… relaxed attitude towards failure.

Joined 2013-03-31

PM

Quest for Glory 1 had no dead ends—just bad endings if you messed up the key quests.  You could still finish the game just fine no matter what.

Total Posts: 813

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

In QfG3 if you don’t save that monkey-thing from the vines you don’t get a gem you need in the endgame to open the temple. I think that if you don’t help that thief guy you can’t defeat the endgame doppelganger encounter.

Joined 2013-03-31

PM

Antrax - 22 July 2014 12:33 AM

In QfG3 if you don’t save that monkey-thing from the vines you don’t get a gem you need in the endgame to open the temple. I think that if you don’t help that thief guy you can’t defeat the endgame doppelganger encounter.

I’m not sure about the gem, but I always thought that you COULD defeat the endgame doppelganger, it was just a much harder fight.  If you save the thief, he basically takes over right away.  I could be wrong though.

Total Posts: 161

Joined 2007-09-11

PM

Ok, here are my notions about game’s story. Parodies often have stories that give authors something to fall back on and keep their parodies becoming just bunch of jokes. Sure tropes of family curse, cultists and mysterious woman are from Quest for Glory series, but they seem to be spunned together to just give game any story. Pretty nicely dark family curse though. And one more thing, magic item as villains modus operandi is really not prevalent in QFG games, most QFG villains tend to use some powerful imprisoned beings for their ends.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top