• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

IronCretin

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Anything Goes.

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Well, I know people who enjoy playing adventure games but don’t really play them that much for various reasons… Does that count? Tongue

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

Same here really.

I know a couple of people who will play the odd adventure game, but not really any proper “adventure gamers” in real life.

Or at least not until next Saturday! Smile (I like the way all the smilies look embarrassed now!)

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 97

Joined 2011-03-06

PM

Since adventure games aren’t as popular these days and there are only around 14000 members on this site, I was just wondering how few and far between we are.

I used to play them with my sister, but now that she is gone, I don’t really have anyone to enjoy them with. There are a couple of other people I know who have played from time to time, but they are mostly friends I met at college who don’t live locally.

I always enjoyed playing the games WITH somebody at times, or at least having someone else who played a game on their own so that we could discuss it. I’m glad, at least, that these forums allow a chance to discuss the games with other players Smile

Currently Playing: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes;
Currently Re-Playing: Culpa Innata

Recently Finished: Secret Files: Puritas Cordis, Art of Murder: Hunt for the Puppeteer, Dear Esther

Total Posts: 235

Joined 2004-09-18

PM

I met fellow Myst fans at the Mysterium gathering back in 2004 when it was held in Toronto. Many of them I had already seen photos of, so I recognized them immediately. Meeting other people whom I knew only by their usernames was a surreal experience. Gasp

The random crap I’m itching to post but can’t anymore is starting to build up. What to do, what to do…

Diabolus ex Machina since 1993

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

Let the floodgates open!

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Did you people know that 14 years before the Titanic sank, this fellow wrote a novella about a ship called “Titan”, that was a supposedly unsinkable ship that sunk after hitting an iceberg, it was approximately same size as the Titanic would be, it had pretty much the same amount of people on board, had a shortage of lifeboats, they were technically extremely similar…

Total Posts: 177

Joined 2003-11-15

PM

Which fellow? While it certainly could be true, it sounds too much like an internet tale for me to believe it unless you can provide more details.

You can play my game Frasse and the Peas of Kejick for free! (AG review here.)

Total Posts: 39

Joined 2004-04-18

PM

Total Posts: 83

Joined 2006-09-15

PM

http://www.ted.com/
http://www.nature.org/
You don’t have to agree with what everyone says,
Just respect there right to say it

Total Posts: 177

Joined 2003-11-15

PM

You can play my game Frasse and the Peas of Kejick for free! (AG review here.)

Total Posts: 133

Joined 2006-02-14

PM

I play story-heavy games, watch animation, anime, B-movies, disaster movies, sci-fi movies and crime shows and try to write about it all on my blog: Snark, pedantry and random geekery

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2005-09-21

PM

Arse cheeks!

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Trumgottist - 22 May 2012 05:40 PM

Which fellow? While it certainly could be true, it sounds too much like an internet tale for me to believe it unless you can provide more details.

‘Twas the time for Wikipedia:
Futility, or the Wreck of the Titan
By Morgan Robertson

I heard about it through Slavoj Zizek. I remember Zizek talking about some other (minor) similarities too, that aren’t in that Wiki…

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

UPtimist - 23 May 2012 04:09 AM
Trumgottist - 22 May 2012 05:40 PM

‘Twas the time for Wikipedia:
Futility, or the Wreck of the Titan
By Morgan Robertson

I heard about it through Slavoj Zizek. I remember Zizek talking about some other (minor) similarities too, that aren’t in that Wiki…

You can download it here from Gutenberg. Thanks UPtimist!

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

Statistically, 63% of those under 25 didn’t know that the sinking of the Titanic was an historical event, instead believeing it to be simply a film.

That isn’t true, but statistically, it could be.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top