• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Place that quote!

Total Posts: 1785

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

I suppose I should have read the rules instead of interpreting the thread title

I think I know this one (it sounds something that Tex would say) but I can’t currently place it.

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Jabod - 24 April 2014 09:50 AM

(it sounds something that Tex would say)

My thoughts exactly!

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

TimovieMan - 24 April 2014 02:22 PM
Jabod - 24 April 2014 09:50 AM

(it sounds something that Tex would say)

My thoughts exactly!

There’s a joke about some college professor who’s grading students - the first student comes and takes the questions. His knowledge is poor at best, but he slips some money to the professor under the desk, and the professor gives him a pass. The next student comes, takes the question: “World War II casualties”, and without blinking says the exactly correct number of people killed in the war. To which professor says: “Names, young man, I need names!”

So, if you think it’s Tex, that’s fine with me. But: “Name of the games, I need name of the games!” Grin

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Under a Killing Moon ???

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Nope.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Pandora Directive? Tongue

I’ll hurt you if you make me guess all 5 6 and it turns out to not be a Tex Murphy game. Wink

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

TimovieMan - 25 April 2014 07:26 PM

Pandora Directive? Tongue

No.

TimovieMan - 25 April 2014 07:26 PM

I’ll hurt you if you make me guess all 5 6 and it turns out to not be a Tex Murphy game. Wink

Sheesh. Ok, ok, it’s THE Pandora Directive. Tongue

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

It really is The Pandora Directive.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Alright, here’s a new one:

You’re just being cryptic again. It’s like soap opera sex. Lots of boring dialogue and when they finally do go to bed, everything’s dark and covered by blankets.

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

That’s an easy one! April Ryan to Cortez(?) in the original TLJ

Life is what it is.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Holy crap, I missed this reply. You are, of course, correct! Thumbs Up

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

New one. I actually was only going to give the first two but decided that could be too hard so added the third which should help quite a bit.

Main Character’s Boss: Just remember (main character) we follow orders, not personal crusades.

Main character: I will sir

and slightly further on in the same conversation:

Main Character’s Boss: It’s one thing after another with him. If it isn’t the unions it’s the reds. If it isn’t the reds it’s the Nazis.

Life is what it is.

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

From slightly further into the game:

Factory boss:

I used to think he was a good man. Well, he sometimes drank a little too much, but he was a hard worker. Anyway, how was I supposed to know he traffics with Nazis. Well, he brings this riffraff right through my doors, into my factory, right into my office. he, he could have killed me. He was standing as close to me as you are right now.

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 794

Joined 2003-10-05

PM

Black Dahlia???

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Spot on Bastich.

The first bit is when Jim meets his new boss and the second is when he gores off to see Finster, the factory owner to find out about the Thule invitation.

All yours.

Life is what it is.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top