• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Riddle of the Sphinx in real-time 3D, plus a new level

Total Posts: 13

Joined 2007-04-26

PM

Yes, you’re right. And we have been fervently sending out press releases yesterday and today, and… well it will be a labor for the next 30 days I imagine Smile I helped to design a new iPhone case that a friend of mine invented, and we successfully funded on KS several weeks back, but it was grueling (search for Bumprz on Kickstarter to see the case - it’s pretty neat!). But I have to admit that this part of the equation is our weakest. But we’re trusting the God will help us, and you all have been a part of that help.

If you have any suggestions, please pass them along. Any sites you think we should be targeting. We’re all ears Smile

Jeff Tobler
Developer of Riddle of the Sphinx

Joined 2007-04-26

PM

TopCat - 23 April 2014 02:34 AM

P.S - why not try releasing the original game AND The Omega Stone on Steam? Put a good price on it and people will eat it up.

The only reason we couldn’t currently do this is that we don’t own the IP for Omega Stone. But it could happen in the near future. However, we really have another direction we want to go - 1) to further the game exploration within the Egyptian motif, and 2) to design a new game that has been on our heart for some time.

Thank you for your help in directing us to publicize. We need all the help in that area we can get and we are actively involved in it right now. We definitely need more momentum, but we are trusting it will come as more hear. Smile

Jeff Tobler

Total Posts: 124

Joined 2013-08-10

PM

Jeff Tobler - 24 April 2014 08:39 AM
TopCat - 23 April 2014 02:34 AM

P.S - why not try releasing the original game AND The Omega Stone on Steam? Put a good price on it and people will eat it up.

The only reason we couldn’t currently do this is that we don’t own the IP for Omega Stone. But it could happen in the near future. However, we really have another direction we want to go - 1) to further the game exploration within the Egyptian motif, and 2) to design a new game that has been on our heart for some time.

Thank you for your help in directing us to publicize. We need all the help in that area we can get and we are actively involved in it right now. We definitely need more momentum, but we are trusting it will come as more hear. Smile

After making my pledge, I posted to Twitter about it, but of course there’s only so much I can do as a member of the gaming press without walking dangerously close to the line in the sand that separates objective journalist and adventure game fan.

That said, I’m so excited for this project. It’s going to be great, I can feel it. :-)

P.S.  Who does own the IP for Omega Stone? Nordic Games? That’s who bought Dreamcatcher, IIRC.

K R Parkinson - Staff Writer

Contact: .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Joined 2007-04-26

PM

Galvanic_Spiral - 25 April 2014 02:16 AM

That said, I’m so excited for this project. It’s going to be great, I can feel it. :-)

P.S.  Who does own the IP for Omega Stone? Nordic Games? That’s who bought Dreamcatcher, IIRC.

We also feel this is going to be great! But we know it’s going to take getting more people actually “know” we’re here Smile We’re working on it.

Yes, Nordic owns it, if I’m not mistaken. We will be reviewing this agreement with them to see what we can do. I need to get the word out on Steam, though. Good reminder, Galvanic Spiral. And thanks for your support! Getting reacquainted or newly acquainted with so many gamers is really the best part of all of this.

Jeff Tobler

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2011-12-30

PM

My dear Jeff, I’m so excited about this!  Laughing

ROTS is pretty high on my Top10 favorite adventure games and although I LOVE pre-rendered games, ROTS is kind of low at resolution for nowadays standards, so I would love to see it in 3d.

I haven’t read the kickstarter description yet, but I do hope for these improvements:

1) Bug fixes (obviously)!
2) Better and longer ending
3) Subtitles

YEAH! Make it happen! This made my day!  Smile  Smile

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

This is really a Kickstarter that deserves all the support. I’ve been always meaning to play RotS, but somehow never got around it, and now I’ll perhaps wait for the updated version. You can also edit the first message in this thread to add the Kickstarter link, and perhaps send the news to other adventure gaming sites like JA, Gameboomers, AdventureTreff, ACorner etc.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2007-04-26

PM

immortalwind - 26 April 2014 05:51 AM

My dear Jeff, I’m so excited about this!  Laughing

ROTS is pretty high on my Top10 favorite adventure games and although I LOVE pre-rendered games, ROTS is kind of low at resolution for nowadays standards, so I would love to see it in 3d.

I haven’t read the kickstarter description yet, but I do hope for these improvements:

1) Bug fixes (obviously)!
2) Better and longer ending
3) Subtitles

YEAH! Make it happen! This made my day!  Smile  Smile

Thank you, immortalwinds! In short, we were just having a conversation of all of the improvements that we plan on making. For one, there will be more subtle clueing in certain areas and for specific puzzles. So obvious game stoppers will be addressed if they exist, but we’re dealing with refining gameplay.

And for subtitles, the original had Close-captioning for hearing impaired. Then we added subtitles for localizations. So, yes, we plan on having this feature again Smile

We are doing all that we can to “make it happen!” - lot’s happening on Monday and looking forward to next week being a big week. But it still really depends on everyone pledging and/or sharing with even a few or a lot of people. People just need to know and then act to support the project.

Here’s both Kickstarter URLS, shorter and longer. We really appreciate all that you’ve done to spread the word so far! Smile

http://kck.st/1lCTlJQ

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jefftobler/riddle-of-the-sphinx-an-egyptian-adventure-in-real

And please keep letting us know what you’d like to see in the new version or see revised.

Jeff Tobler

Joined 2007-04-26

PM

diego - 26 April 2014 06:46 AM

This is really a Kickstarter that deserves all the support. I’ve been always meaning to play RotS, but somehow never got around it, and now I’ll perhaps wait for the updated version. You can also edit the first message in this thread to add the Kickstarter link, and perhaps send the news to other adventure gaming sites like JA, Gameboomers, AdventureTreff, ACorner etc.

Thanks, Diego. I’ll post in those forums as well. And I’ll try to edit the first message in a few minutes. Much appreciated! Grin

Jeff Tobler

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2011-12-30

PM

Jeff Tobler - 26 April 2014 08:53 AM

Thank you, immortalwinds! In short, we were just having a conversation of all of the improvements that we plan on making. For one, there will be more subtle clueing in certain areas and for specific puzzles. So obvious game stoppers will be addressed if they exist, but we’re dealing with refining gameplay.

And for subtitles, the original had Close-captioning for hearing impaired. Then we added subtitles for localizations. So, yes, we plan on having this feature again Smile

And please keep letting us know what you’d like to see in the new version or see revised.

Oh Meh  I don’t recall any subtitles on the original but anyways.  Smile Being a non native english speaker, I had a hard time understasting the cassete recordings in the tent due to poor audio quality. So I would really like to see a higher audio quality on the remake Smile

Furthermore, I recall the first time playing it that I finished it without actually solving a puzzle in the tent (can’t recall which one)! I’m not sure if this was a bug or just wasn’t completely necessary but anyway, I would also like to see that fixed. Like I mentioned before, I would also love to see a more rewarding ending.

But please, don’t judge me wrong. Besides these few flaws I absolutely love ROTS and place it along with Riven, URU and Rhem series amongst my all time favorite adventure games Laughing So, I just backed you up on Kickstarter and wish you (us) GOOD LUCK!  Laughing  Heart

Joined 2007-04-26

PM

immortalwind - 26 April 2014 09:29 AM

Being a non native english speaker, I had a hard time understasting the cassete recordings in the tent due to poor audio quality. So I would really like to see a higher audio quality on the remake Smile

LOL! - This is one of those areas we were trying to be too realistic in creating intentionally bad cassette recordings - something that one actually hears on those old tap cassette recorders. So, I’ve learned my lesson Wink You are right! We’ll try to make Gil’s voice clearer this time around. Thanks!

Jeff Tobler

Joined 2007-04-26

PM

Riddle of the Sphinx Kickstarter UPDATE: Things have been slow and it was looking as though we were not getting the numbers we needed to fund… that is until a few hours ago when Rand of CYAN mentioned to their backers to check out our project. Since then, we’ve seen a rapid increase in backers. Smile Many of you were the first backers that got us to this point - THANK YOU again for your support. Wanted to let the rest know what’s happening. Looking better now!

Btw, if you haven’t seen it yet, I posted a new chronology trailer - it’s similar to what was in the original but much better and more compelling. And we have been researching the dates since the original and have updated to be closer to some new evidence we found literally days ago - we are SO excited about this new information. It will be a major focus of the new release.

The NEW Trailer is here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jefftobler/riddle-of-the-sphinx-an-egyptian-adventure-in-real

Jeff Tobler

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top