• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Broken Sword 5 - Episode 2

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Regarding BASS:

Anyone?

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2006-11-22

PM

Tad - 23 April 2014 06:06 AM

I loved Nico’s response to George trying to use the dynamite on the goat lol. Nico:“George, come here sweetie.” ..“what the hell are you thinking!!” lmao

I didn’t use it on the goat, this happened to me when I used the lighter on the dark cave where Langham was Grin

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2006-11-22

PM

Tad - 23 April 2014 06:06 AM

I loved Nico’s response to George trying to use the dynamite on the goat lol. Nico:“George, come here sweetie.” ..“what the hell are you thinking!!” lmao

I didn’t use it on the goat, this happened to me when I used the lighter on the dark cave where Langham was Grin

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Gabe - 23 April 2014 04:24 AM

Creating an alive metropolis atmosphere not designers forte evidently,BS at it’s best and excels at uninhabited areas and exotic places like old castles,chapels,courtyards etc.

Well, designers are also responsible for the looks and feels. And Cummins also wrote music for BaSS, which helped to create the atmosphere of the futuristic city.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Gabe - 23 April 2014 04:24 AM

Creating an alive metropolis atmosphere not designers forte evidently,BS at it’s best and excels at uninhabited areas and exotic places like old castles,chapels,courtyards etc.

I totally agree. For me there was a very distinctive difference between the first part, taking place in Paris and London, and the second part all taking place in old castles, chapels, courtyards etc., where the second was by far the best imo.

zeljka - 23 April 2014 09:56 AM

Not trying to blow up the goat, never even occurred to me. Does that says something about me, or is it just a case of having played too many adventure games?

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

gray pierce - 23 April 2014 04:04 AM

But then maybe it’s because I’ve been to Paris and know it’s a horrible and ugly city.
I love London. Such a wonderful and charming city.

That calls for a “Harrumph!”!
Paris is overrated, imo, and London is underrated.

Iznogood - 23 April 2014 10:50 AM

Does that says something about me, or is it just a case of having played too many adventure games?

Nah, you just remember the goat from the first game… Wink

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 200

Joined 2006-05-29

PM

Paris is certainly overrated enough for there to be a syndrome named after its failure to live up to some people’s expectations: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paris_syndrome

For me, the Broken Sword games manage to capture the atmosphere of imaginary, idealised Paris as opposed to the over-touristy reality.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I’ve been in Paris once. It was nice enough of a place I guess, I especially enjoyed Louvre. I could have spent a week there really.

My sister-in-law is a Paris nut really, she’s been there at least 10 times. She really adores the place.

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2014-04-09

PM

Hello. Is this game playable on a Intel integrated graphics MacBook Air? If not, how long before episode 2 hits iPad/iOS?

Total Posts: 59

Joined 2012-02-15

PM

Paris,London,NYC so overwrought, visit Spain for real adventures.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Anyone else finds amusing the fact that both in BS1 and BS5 you travel to a beautiful countryside Spanish estate and need to access the secret chamber and light the candle in order to solve a centuries-old mystery?

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

HarryWarden - 23 April 2014 07:00 PM

Hello. Is this game playable on a Intel integrated graphics MacBook Air? If not, how long before episode 2 hits iPad/iOS?

I’d imagine so as Broken Sword (and a lot of adventure games) don’t usually require much to run.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Ok, the hieroglyph puzzle is great, but WHY THE HELL is this:

south?

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

diego - 24 April 2014 09:37 AM

Ok, the hieroglyph puzzle is great, but WHY THE HELL is this:

south?

The way I saw it was “Look” at “Young city”
If you follow the instructions on the line above and look at the map you see that the “Young city” is located in the south.

But also took me a long time to get that one, it’s not really very clear

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

HarryWarden - 23 April 2014 07:00 PM

If that helps, I’m playing it on a 2011 MacBook Pro with Intel HD Graphics 3000 and it works great.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top