• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Most romantic adventure game?

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Yes there was a very old school romance in Grim Fandango too, it surely can be counted as an romantic adventure.

Any idea where one could get that weird Hatoful boyfriend? It seems really strange but I could try it despite (or perhaps even because of) that.

Also, is Necrotic Drift very scary? I really don’t enjoy survival horror.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 9

Joined 2014-04-12

PM

tomimt - 05 March 2014 03:22 PM
Oscar - 05 March 2014 02:51 PM

Is it really fear though or just good sense?

Like let’s take a scenario where two people a stranded in an hostile environment. Their goal is to escape. They adventure, get in peril, safe each other a couple of times and at some point the romance just happens as a part of a story rather than player managing to complete a quick time event right. It also can help in adding more weight to the story, if written right, as the player then might feel even bigger need to protect the characters to the happy end.

I like this. I am not a romance fan and like very little sex in a game because it seems to intrude more than add to the story, usually. But romance as the by product of a growing partnership appeals to me a lot. There are a number of directions to take an evolving relationship based on problem-solving and stresses as well as the “get us out of here alive” part. It looks like Lucy and Whatsisname—Nigel—in The Lost Crown will go that way if the sequel ever comes out.

Total Posts: 127

Joined 2012-02-10

PM

millenia - 20 April 2014 02:59 AM

Yes there was a very old school romance in Grim Fandango too, it surely can be counted as an romantic adventure.

Any idea where one could get that weird Hatoful boyfriend? It seems really strange but I could try it despite (or perhaps even because of) that.

Also, is Necrotic Drift very scary? I really don’t enjoy survival horror.

Hatoful‘s English translation can be bought for $5 here; there’s also a free demo! If it doesn’t work on your machine, you may need to update Quicktime:

http://clione.halfmoon.jp/hatoful-boyfriend/english.html

The gameplay elements are pretty light; it’s more story than game. In fact, once you unlock the main ending by getting all the others, it pretty much becomes pure story.

But it’s a very, very fun story.

As for Necrotic Drift, there are some definite scares. If it’s possible for a mixed text/graphics adventure to have jump scares, this has them, and there’s some gore as well. It’s not on the level of a survival horror action game, and the humor softens it quite a bit. But it’s definitely got horror elements.

...and the romance is also pretty dark, in the sense of “being about a very flawed person making serious relationship mistakes.”

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I think I’ll try them all out at some point, even Necrotic Drift. I like gothic horror stories and thrillers like Gabriel Knight or Black Mirror so I’m not horribly jumpy. Silent Hill and Amensia are stuff that’s too much.

I found dowloand versions of Necrotic Drift and Pytho’s Mask very fast by googling and I am assuming these are freeware? The sites seems to suggest as much.

I’d so like to test all of these and a thousand other games too but need to clean up and write some school papers Frown

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top