• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Broken Sword 5 - Episode 2

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Tad - 20 April 2014 06:32 AM

The more I hear and see of moebius, the more I think its a train wreck.

Then stop seeing and hearing and go play it. I would think someone who espouses “to each their own” (which I must agree with, considering the public opinion is that Moebius is a trainwreck and BS5 the stuff of genius) knows very well that he/she won’t find out what they think about a game reading the opinions of others.

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Will do, but I can’t right now. Plus, considering the price of Moebius, I’ll wait.

Out of interest, how come you didn’t like George in towards the end?

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 532

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

Tad - 20 April 2014 07:09 AM

Will do, but I can’t right now. Plus, considering the price of Moebius, I’ll wait.

Oh yeah price definitely went up the last couple days. I preordered it from Steam and got it pretty cheaply. Still reading some of the early reviews I have a feeling it was still kind of a waste of money. Anyway I’ll probably play it next weekend or so. I already bought it, might as well play it.

Total Posts: 419

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

I’m currently at the chapel in the mountains and the game is great so far.

But when loading my saved game there George is nowhere to be seen. When you click the handle he becomes visible while performing that animation but then he disappears again. With the game having extremely few save slots my latest one before the problem occurred is a pretty long way back. Am I the only one who has encountered this annoying bug?

Anybody got a working saved game at that point?

NP: A Link Between Worlds, Beneath a Steel Sky and Vampyr

Total Posts: 14

Joined 2005-08-06

PM

Total Posts: 200

Joined 2006-05-29

PM

Zifnab - 20 April 2014 06:25 AM

The puzzles? Well the goat puzzle near the end is up there with the GK3 cat puzzle, and that’s saying a lot.

I don’t think the Goat puzzle was as ridiculous as the cable car/cockroach puzzle.

Overall it captures the atmosphere of classic Broken Sword and I enjoyed the game a great deal, especially the ‘solving the riddles hidden in ancient documents’ aspects, but I can’t help but feel a bit more quality control - just someone to stand back and say “hang on, that’s a bit too far fetched” - to avoid some of the sillier extremes would produce a more satisfying whole.

I personally found the character of Shears to be a bit too Deus Ex Machina.

Total Posts: 18

Joined 2010-08-21

PM

Henke - 20 April 2014 08:31 AM

I’m currently at the chapel in the mountains and the game is great so far.

But when loading my saved game there George is nowhere to be seen. When you click the handle he becomes visible while performing that animation but then he disappears again. With the game having extremely few save slots my latest one before the problem occurred is a pretty long way back. Am I the only one who has encountered this annoying bug?

Anybody got a working saved game at that point?

Sorry, no saved game. 

I didn’t experience that bug but a similar thing happened to me.  I had saved the game right after Nico, George and Eva arrived at the monastery.  Later on when I reloaded Nico wasn’t there.  As soon as George started up the path to the right, she popped up again.

I enjoyed the game (mostly Part 2) though I, too, found the ending a little too far out.  It reminded me mildly of the awful, farcical ending of GK3.  (I’m still not sure how Langham found the grotto.  The Tabula itself wouldn’t have been enough to get him there.  And how come he was robed and floating?  Oh, well.  Not sure if this needs a spoiler but what the heck.)  Nico once again had too little to do except tell George they needed to find an answer to something.  I did like Shears (A murderer?  There’s something wrong with me) and wouldn’t mind seeing him return.

Total Posts: 57

Joined 2012-01-24

PM

Amazing game. Played it a bit safe and was way too much like BS 1 and 2 (thus exuding a sort of been-there-done-that sense), but that was intended. The last part was rather difficult too. Graphics, voice-acting and graphics were top-notch. So was the very english humor. Storyline was ultimately merely acceptable, but that was never really the strong point in BS games anyway. All in all really fun.
By the way, did anyone else have trouble solving the hieroglyphics puzzle near the end?
I managed to solve the first line by myself, but got hopelessly stuck in the second one. I figured out “desert” and “source”, but failed with “south” (I was pretty sure it was “Young city” and never even tried something different-way too lateral thinking for me) and I still don’t get how we are supposed to figure out the numeric system any other way but through trial and error.

Total Posts: 7445

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

If it’s any consolation to you, I didn’t figure out “south” either. And I still think desert should be heat-sun-region, and volcano heat-region.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Regarding losing the flowers early:

I can confirm that losing the flowers via the goat doesn’t result in a dead-end later.
There is a puzzle later on where you can use the flowers optionally, but it only results in unlocking an achievement. Nevertheless the puzzle can be solved without the flowers.

Also solved the music puzzle. Wasn’t that hard imho.

Total Posts: 419

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Went back and replayed parts of it, just managed to finish the game. I think some of the puzzles in “episode 2” are truly awesome.

aimless - 20 April 2014 12:42 PM

Sorry, no saved game. 

I didn’t experience that bug but a similar thing happened to me.  I had saved the game right after Nico, George and Eva arrived at the monastery.  Later on when I reloaded Nico wasn’t there.  As soon as George started up the path to the right, she popped up again.

Hmm, so something with the characters animations are a bit funky. I’m sure there’s a patch coming.

Assaf - 20 April 2014 09:43 AM

Yeah mate, here you go.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ql3jix246kcsic9/81e_j1JPAm

Wow, thanks. Wish I’d seen this post earlier.  Laughing

NP: A Link Between Worlds, Beneath a Steel Sky and Vampyr

Total Posts: 200

Joined 2006-05-29

PM

aimless - 20 April 2014 12:42 PM

I had saved the game right after Nico, George and Eva arrived at the monastery.  Later on when I reloaded Nico wasn’t there.  As soon as George started up the path to the right, she popped up again.

I had this bug. However, only Eva appeared for me, until I clicked and George popped into existance. Nico didn’t make it until I progressed to the next screen - I momentarily assumed they’d split up.

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Crap…I am stuck in the cave where you find the tabula veritas. Really stumped….but will not give up.

Total Posts: 532

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

I’ve played the first segment today at the Castell del Sants. had a lot of fun with it. Really loved most of the puzzles. Very well designed. Looking forward to the next segment. Looks amazing.

Total Posts: 14

Joined 2005-08-06

PM

Henke - 20 April 2014 04:01 PM

Wow, thanks. Wish I’d seen this post earlier.  Laughing

Haha, no problem Wink

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top