• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445L_machine

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Mudlarks - a free full length adventure game

Total Posts: 37

Joined 2013-09-25

PM

Hey guys,

Just a little note to let you all know about a game we are developing, a traditional point and click adventure set in London, that gains inspiration from Sierra games such as the Gabriel Knight series, and other titles such as Broken Sword. Hopefully will be ready in a few months, work has been going full steam ahead since April. We know it won’t be the greatest game of all time, but we hope it will be enjoyable for traditional adventure fans.

You can check out progress on our website at mudlarksgame.co.uk

Thanks everyone
Shaun

Cloak and Dagger Games: http://cadgames.co.uk

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Love the font Smile

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Dag - 26 September 2013 02:44 AM

Love the font Smile

The default AGS font? lol

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Joined 2013-09-25

PM

Hi guys,

I know theres a lot of great adventure games coming out at the moment, but if you have a moment please check out our new game Mudlarks, it’s free! It’s getting great feedback and if you like traditional point and click games you hopefully will enjoy it.

You can download the game here, for free.

Any feedback would be happily recieved. Thanks!

About Mudlarks:

“A mysterious point and click adventure game… a tale of friendship, the supernatural and unravelled secrets”

Your name is Winston. You are very much a regular, normal chap - living in London with your girlfriend and holding down a 9 to 5 office job. Among your various hobbies, you are a mudlarker. That is, the practice of combing the shore of the River Thames for historically interesting objects that may have gone underwater hundreds of years ago. One day, you and your co-mudlarker Vincent stumble upon what appears to be a valuable golden locket - and your destiny is changed forever. Two days after the find, Vincent disappears on the shore, leaving only the locket behind…

What follows is an atmospheric dialog and puzzle driven adventure game, bringing together elements of science fiction with a strong supernatural theme as you undertake your quest to find your friend and unravel many secrets along the way. Winston finds himself as an ordinary man in a very extraordinary situation…

Features:

- Over 40 locations to explore
- A mysterious and complex plot set in modern day London
- A cast of over 40 intriguing characters
- A full length adventure game experience - hours of gameplay
- Thousands of lines of dialog
- Moments of spookiness
- Over 60 inventory items
- Virtual mudlarking - yes, that is a thing now!

Total Posts: 4254

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Thank you for the info and (especially) for the free download, shaunaitcheson.
I wish you good luck in your future projects.

I don’t play adventure games too often, but the story of Mudlarks sounds interesting enough to give it a try one of these days.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Thanks, I have just begun downloading it, and is looking forward to playing it.

When I will actually find time for with all the great games being released right now, is of course a different mater. But it will happen sooner or later!

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2013-09-25

PM

Thanks for the nice comments guys, let me know how you get on Smile

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I’ll definitely try to squeeze this in somewhere.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Seems very ambitious, I’ll give it a shot.

Total Posts: 9

Joined 2014-04-12

PM

Need a game, and have no money, therefore…I am downloading it right now. It looks like one I would like. So far no problem. But the problems usually show up after the download.

Total Posts: 17

Joined 2012-06-13

PM

Thank you kindly for the game.

Gave it a go. Got Stuck immediately (First Room). Smile

Sure I’ll persevere a while longer

Total Posts: 1782

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

bucketface - 21 April 2014 08:18 AM

Thank you kindly for the game.

Sure I’ll persevere a while longer

Yes, I got stuck there for a while. The key is well hidden.
Currently stuck on the foreshore of the Thames. I know what I need to do but haven’t found what I need yet - not that I’ve put a great deal of time into this game so far.

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 17

Joined 2012-06-13

PM

That Piano Music Smile

Joined 2014-04-12

PM

bucketface - 21 April 2014 08:18 AM

it’s a little tricky at first with the changeable cursors controlled by the right mouse button. First room stopped me briefly but then I just found the “hot spots” and tried different cursors on them. That got me out of the room. I think I am still on the beach; exhausting all I found there seemed a good stopping point. Things DO show up in the inventory when you might not think you saw/got them, so check there if you seem stuck. the game IS moving forward ok for me.

Joined 2014-04-12

PM

Currently stuck on the foreshore of the Thames. I know what I need to do but haven’t found what I need yet - not that I’ve put a great deal of time into this game so far.

did you check your inventory after talking to several people in different parts of the foreshore? I found what was eluding me there—to my surprise.

Total Posts: 1782

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

troi - 21 April 2014 02:17 PM

did you check your inventory after talking to several people in different parts of the foreshore? I found what was eluding me there—to my surprise.

Yes, I eventually found the round stone and been out and about in London. I’m going to bloody well kill that pianist!
But how do you bring up the hotspots?

Life is what it is.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top