• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Which Kickstarter would you like to see next?

Poll: Which Kickstarter would you like to see next?
Total Votes: 67
Gabriel Knight 4
Monkey Island 6
Grim Fandango 2
King’s Quest 9
Myst 6
Day of the Tentacle 2 (Maniac Mansion 3)
Discworld 4
The Last Express 2
New Zork game
New Indiana Jones game
Screw you and Kickstarter!

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

State some other ideas which are not covered here. Also, which designer(s) would you like to see back?

I’d like to see continuation of The Journeyman Project saga, Toonstruck 2, perhaps Full Throttle 2… I’d also love to see some Legend game designers back in the genre along with Josh Mandel, like Bob Bates. Of course, I’d love Roberta Williams and other LucasArts’ designers like Jonathan Ackley and Larry Ahern back as well. Jordan Mechner, too.

P.S. I’m well aware some of these licenses are stuck in the copyright limbo, but then just think of this thread as “which sequel would you like to see?” Tongue

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 345

Joined 2012-04-04

PM

New Discworld game. Then again, it’s just as likely to end up a platformer…which may still work, but still…not the same.

Or, you know, not. Tongue

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

All those Lucasarts games sound great but we are already have a new story from the team (Double Fine Adventure), it’s even better in my opinion. Sierra already has a great presence in kickstarter so my vote went with a new Zork (although probably Activision would never let anyone touch the IP). Second option would be a new Discworld.

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

I don’t know. Any of those would be good. I would like some more continuations of the more lighthearted historical or fantasy games, which are out of fashion right now in favour of horror and real-life crime thrillers or dramas. I’m just worn out on heavy and dark themes and murders and disasters and don’t really enjoy comedies very much.

A few which come to mind are the Riddle of the Sphinx, Inherit the Earth, Celtica, Riddle of Master Lu, Journeyman Project and Death Gate. A Dark Side of the Moon 2 would be absolutely brilliant.

Kheops used to be reliable for the kind of games I want, but they’re gone now. I wonder if they have heard of Kickstarter? Someone should tell them Grin

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Kickstarters I would pledge for:
-Sanitarium II
-Keepsake II
-Loom II
-Yoomurjak’s Ring II
-Safecracker 2
-New Goblins (really enjoyed G4)
-Rhem 5
-A new, better sequel to The Experiment. The idea was really good but the game had problems.

As for designers I would like to see back: Douglas Adams, Dave Lebling, Brian Moriarty, Graham Nelson, lords of text adventure. They could collaborate to create one hell of a game. Or maybe IF is better with only one writer? Hmm.

Total Posts: 41

Joined 2012-11-09

PM

I would like to see all of them but if I have to choose I would pick GK 4 and new Grim Fandango because Grim Fandango and Gabriel Knight are my favourite adventure games. Yes and I would also like to see a new Sanitarium game, that game was something special.

Total Posts: 132

Joined 2007-02-10

PM

Something to bring Steve Meretzky back - Spellcasting 401 or Eric the Unready 2, please.

More realistically, Toonstuck 2, as the assets exist.  Would happily chip in to get it finished. 

Voted Gabriel 4 though, as its my favourite franchise (though I didn’t back the Jensen Kickstarter as it was so vague and clashed with so many others).

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i go with KQ9 , and though some Refer to TSL as KQ9 it was really disappointing so far

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Voted for Myst 6. (I imagine the full title be: Myst 6: Return to Riven Tongue ).

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Sefir - 05 March 2013 09:36 AM

Voted for Myst 6. (I imagine the full title being: Myst 6: Return to Riven Tongue ).

or Myst the Sequel to Riven

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Ok, who voted that last option? Pan

I knew I should have included Sanitarium 2 - I thought I already have far too many options. And I forgot about The Silver Lining - didn’t mean to disrespect Phoenix Online guys (I actually think TSL is underrated), but I guess it’s different with these episodic titles - I’m also not sure whether Tales of Monkey Island should be called Monkey Island 5.

Myst 6 is doing well - not that I’m too surprised, and I’m actually glad because it confirms there’s definitely a market for new “old-school” first-persons.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 112

Joined 2003-10-18

PM

Although from that list my favorite adventure by far was Grim Fandango, I really don’t want to see a sequel, I felt that the story was big, satisfying and had closure and I don’t see any way even Tim Schaffer himself can make a better game in the same universe.
My next pick would be a new Monkey Island but only if Ron Gilbert was directly involved (none of that creative consultant crap) and if it wasn’t in full 3D. I don’t have a problem with full 3D but the monkey island atmosphere really doesn’t translate good in a 3d environment, at least the way telltale did it. It needs far more detail.
A new indiana jones could be cool, FOA was one of my favorites and a very underrated adventure game. Again, though, it would depend on who would be involved.
So the only pick I can tell for sure I’ll be excited about is Gabriel Knight 4. I don’t really care for any of the other games.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

- Toonstruck 2, so that game finally gets concluded. Didn’t they shoot most of the live action already? I hope so, since Christopher Lloyd hasn’t aged well since the mid-90s… Meh

- Full Throttle 2: Hell on Wheels - how much is left of the original script and game design before it got scrapped over ten years ago???

- Loom 2 and 3 - it was meant to be a trilogy from the get-go. I’d like to see how the story continues…

- Indiana Jones and Frank Darabont’s Script - I wish that Disney would contact Frank Darabont to get the script for Indiana Jones 4 that he wrote (the one George Lucas didn’t like despite Harrison Ford and Steven Spielberg being ecstatic). I’m positive that it would make a killer adventure game. Unless they turn it into a movie (and pretend that Kingdom of the Crystal Skull doesn’t exist) of course.
And yes, I realize that a movie is the most likely medium in which this could see the light of day…
I don’t care, I want to see what Darabont’s take on Indy was… Grin

Actually, the Indiana Jones thing shouldn’t be a Kickstarter (even though I voted for it in the poll). The license lies with Disney now, and they have money to boot. They can fund it themselves… Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 47

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

Manuel - 05 March 2013 08:04 AM

Yes and I would also like to see a new Sanitarium game, that game was something special.

When Sanitarium first came out, a friend gave it to me, and I remember thinking this probably is a sick game that I would never like…
Well, so many years have passed and I still think this was one of the best games I have played.
I wonder what happened to the team that made this game… Anybody knows?

Total Posts: 13

Joined 2010-06-18

PM

A new Myst specifically done only by Cyan would be fantastic.

Total Posts: 164

Joined 2007-11-25

PM

The Last Express 2. Not a straight-up sequel, but a spiritual successor. It should be a pseudo real-time adventure game set in a “mini sandbox” like TLE, but this time in a totally different location with a new story and a new, or mostly new, cast.

A large ship as a setting could probably work, just try to make it an unusual ship - ships as game settings tend to be boring after 30 minutes if too traditional. As do real life ships Tongue

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top