• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445Veovis

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Bill Tillers Scumm Bar

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

Hey, Bill!  Good to see you here.

Perhaps some of you newcomers aren’t aware that AG’s logo and Aggie Award were designed by Bill as well. (The Aggie being based on the idol in our logo.) This site just wouldn’t be the same without him.  Smile

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Wow, I didn’t know! Nice!

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I didn’t know that either. And I work here (sort of)...

Impressive! Thumbs Up

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 16

Joined 2012-11-28

PM

It’s billt at amegames dot com.

The AG logo was fun to do and so was the little idol. Originally in the logo they were holding guns like Indy would, but then it was pointed out that adventure games general don’t have guns or shoot. So then I though ok I need to encompass the ideas of adventure games, so the torch represented discovery, gathering knowledge, and casting light on the path of mystery, which is what you do in adventure games. The machete represent the physical tool used to help get past the barrier or obstacle, like items in your inventory. And the idol of course is the goal, or as Hitchcock put it, the McGuffin, the players reward for solving the puzzle and vanquishing the antagonist. It encapsulates all that adventure games are about I think, which is why I really enjoyed making it.
As far as sending me art to evaluate I would gladly take a look and let you know what I think.
On AVS 2 I want to work on it after I do the Kickstarter game. Karsten of Crimson Cow and I have been negotiating some ideas for agreement on it, but I want to see how the Kickstarter project goes first before I know for sure if how we want to do AVS2 will work.
We are making an animated video for the kick starter pitch and it’s about 80% done. We pushed the deadline till after the New Year due to tax reasons.  If you have money in your company’s account at the end of the year the USA federal government counts it as profit and taxes it badly. Plus it will give Romero, our animator, some time to polish the animation.
I have been working with Owlkemy Labs in Boston, and Munky Fun in San Francisco doing freelance art, so that is how I make a living right now. But I am open to taking on more work. So if anyone wants me to do art for them just email me and we can talk. I may not be the best artist for some projects, so that’s why I like to discuss it first. But if the Kickstarter thing works out I’ll focus on AVS full time.

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

I would really love to see Autumn Moon team up with some of the old Lucas Arts writers. AM’s games look so great, and the interfaces were great, and they’re generally well designed, but those old Lucas writers had such unique voices, I’d love to see them work with AM. This past year has been amazing for great writers returning to the genre, but we’re still missing Mike Stemmle, Steve Purcell, Larry Ahern, and a bunch of others.

I think it’s good AM pushed their kickstarter back. This seems to be a really bad time for KS, with some fairly big projects struggling. I think January will be a better time. I swore I wouldn’t back any more adventure Kickstarters until a few of them came out, but I might have to make an exception for Bill.

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

billt - 04 December 2012 11:57 AM

As far as sending me art to evaluate I would gladly take a look and let you know what I think.

You have no idea how much you just motivated me to keep drawing/painting. Thank you so very much! I won’t send you anything until I feel I’ve done something that’s worthy of your attention though, so don’t worry, I won’t be spamming your E-mail Smile

I’m also absolutely thrilled to see that the wheels are still in motion for both the episodic prequel and A Vampyre Story 2!! I’d almost learned to live with the assumption that they’d been abandoned alltogether. I mean, who want’s to live in a world where Bill Tiller isn’t making adventure games?

Btw, if you’re looking for work, why haven’t you allready been hired by TellTale? They’re in desperate need of some guidance as far as visuals go (they may not know it themselves, but that doesn’t make it any less true Tongue ). I’ve said it before, and I’ll probably keep repeating it till I’m a bitter old man: Imagine Tales with Tillers art… Ah well, too late for that now, but it’s not too late for the sequel!... Hmm, excuse me, I seem to be dreaming out loud again… Smile

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2013-01-19

PM

Mr. Tiller, any chance of putting up more images of your work on Bounty Hunter? Loved that game. The shot you posted of the Bando Gora planet is killer!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top