• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

IronCretin

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Syberia III

Total Posts: 61

Joined 2005-11-23

PM

FANTASTIC !!!

Total Posts: 359

Joined 2012-02-16

PM

I read inm8#2’s post twice and still can’t believe my eyes! ;-) Truly great news.

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

I was right!

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

“aiming for a release in 2014 or 2015”
That means 2015 for sure. Maybe even 2016.

*looks at list of games to play*
*searches for both Syberia games on that list*
*looks at calendar*

Doable. Grin

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Hmmm ...They did not go for a Kickstarter! Smile

i wonder (if) what is the Goal they would have they asked for!

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

it was

until I read

“aiming for a release in 2014 or 2015”

and it went to

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 1782

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Jusy so people are aware Norton reported the Siliconeria website has a driveby infection on it: “Malicious exploit toolkit Website 4. Risk - High”.

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 1075

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Earlier heard that Sokal insist on Anvil(assassin’s creed’s engine) for developing a
promising Syberia 3 experience for multiplatforms.Now game is scheduled for 2015 means looks like he’s finally got green light for the ambitious ag project on is head.
3 years may be long for many ags but a whole new beginning for Sokal’s ingenious and worth waiting.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 198

Joined 2012-08-03

PM

That is some great news. I liked the previous 2 Syberia games, however I must admit that I don’t really see that extreme awesomeness in the Syberia games compared to other ‘new’ Adventure Games series.  I will probably get a lot of sh@t from members of this forum for thinking that way, haha. Smile

Anticipating:The Devil’s Men

Recently played:GK1 Remake (4), A Golden Wake (3), Child of Light (4) Memento Mori 2 (4) Face Noir (3.5) Tex Murphy: Tesla Effect (4) Blackwell Epiphany (4.5),Broken Sword 5(4.5), The Shivah Remake (4.5), Monkey Island 2 Remake (4.5)

Top 10 Adventure Games:Tex Murphy: Pandora Directive, Gabriel Knight:The Beast Within, Broken Sword:Shadow of the Templars, Gabriel Knight:Sins of the Fathers, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, Tex Murphy: Under a Killing Moon, Lost Horizon, Grim Fandago, The Longest Journey, Blackwell Epiphany

Total Posts: 213

Joined 2011-11-13

PM

Monolith - 26 November 2012 02:29 PM

I was right!

Me too. Smile
I’m cautiously optimistic. I’d like to see which studio will handle the development, hows gameplay mechanics etc.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Niclas - 26 November 2012 04:52 PM

That is some great news. I liked the previous 2 Syberia games, however I must admit that I don’t really see that extreme awesomeness in the Syberia games compared to other ‘new’ Adventure Games series.  I will probably get a lot of sh@t from members of this forum for thinking that way, haha. Smile

i think most things get valued by time, i can tell that those 2 Syberia(s) got their share of criticizing at their time ... mostly i can remember quite well how Syberia 2 was such a disappointment for many players at the time, and see? know we are all jumping for a 3rd Vol .

all those cons are being forgotten by time and the real good art remains ,look at today’s fresh Review for Deponia 2 and how it was agreed that it lacks much-needed animation i dont say its not correct but i mean is not wroth mentioning when we are talking about one of the best games in the year (for example if you asked me about my opinion in a game and i mentioned 5 pros i dont have to mention another 5 Cons) then i guess no one would mention such con for a WadjetEye’s Game , but this is how it goes even the the Classic adventures of the golden age could not pass without that sort of criticism .

P.S:Edna & Harvey the beark-out passed like any average game or even above average (doesnt matter) what matters that this game a REAL Gem by all means and i assure you in several years, maybe the next one we will be looking at it game with awe .

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Advie - 26 November 2012 07:35 PM

Edna & Harvey the beark-out passed like any average game or even above average (doesnt matter) what matters that this game a REAL Gem by all means and i assure you in several years, maybe the next one we will be looking at it game with awe .

Absolutely! Not everything needs to be an instant hit - rock was considered evil at the beginning. Grin

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

diego - 26 November 2012 08:03 PM
Advie - 26 November 2012 07:35 PM

Edna & Harvey the beark-out passed like any average game or even above average (doesnt matter) what matters that this game a REAL Gem by all means and i assure you in several years, maybe the next one we will be looking at it game with awe .

Absolutely! Not everything needs to be an instant hit - rock was considered evil at the beginning. Grin

You mean…Rock’s not the devil’s music?  Confused

Naughty

Great news about S3. Hail Oscar! Hail Hans! Hail Sokal!

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-11-27-syberia-3-officially-announced

Eurogamer now has an article on Syberia III (or is it Syberia 3?).

Total Posts: 278

Joined 2008-07-11

PM

Great news—I just wish I had more faith in the developer/publisher. Remember Still Life 2? I realise that was an external studio, but it still shows a lack of commitment from the publisher.

I hope Anuman are building a solid team and are staying away from the type of corner-cutting that ruins most European adventures: poor animation, sloppy localisation etc.

The main thing they need to get right is the wonderful, isolated atmosphere of the previous games.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top