• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

IronCretin

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Friday 28 April

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Ah… London. 1889. Foggy, cold, rainy. Full of drunkards, pickpocketers, chimney-sweeps and murderers. The fetid stench rising from the Thames, decrepit brothels obscured by trash filled alleyways. Although it doesn’t sound too much different from the London of today, The Lost Files of Sherlock Holmes: Case of the Rose Tattoo is highly evocative of the era. Aided by FMV characters and realistic backgrounds, it is a complex and tightly woven and lengthy plot featuring government ministries, royal palaces and various well known London locales. This is the kind of historically accurate case I have wanted Frogwares with their cutting edge graphics capabilities to tackle for a long time with but I fear they are no longer able (or unwilling) to deliver.

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

It looks like the map I carry with me when I go to London.  The location of the bridges and the main thoroughfares are still in the same place.  In fact, when I take the tube down from the north to go to the National Theatre, I get off at Embankment and cross the river at the Hungerford Bridge, the second from the top.

Carpe chocolate.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top