• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Dalezobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Syberia III

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

The controls are simply awful. Why do they do this? I didn’t think console players even like adventure games.

Total Posts: 510

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

Oscar - 24 April 2017 11:26 PM

The controls are simply awful. Why do they do this? I didn’t think console players even like adventure games.

With a controller it works a bit better, but on the other hand more or less every other part of the interface works better with a mouse… I use a controller to move around and often use the mouse when it’s time to perform something in the gameworld. And even then you encounter stuff that makes you shake your head in disbelief. Like when you have to back out of a page in a journal/log book to turn to the next page, then zoom in again to read that page, etc.

But as I wrote in another thread it’s the stiff and stubborn camera that is the real frustrating thing for me. I had hoped for a free roaming camera that follows Kate from behind when moving. Now it feels like a 2D game in 3D. Such a waste.

Total Posts: 111

Joined 2006-09-08

PM

Reviews are finally starting to appear and, unsurprisingly, they’re not good. A couple of examples (be wary of spoilers of course):

http://thekoalition.com/reviews/syberia-3-review-adventurous-mess

https://geekreply.com/reviews/2017/04/24/syberia-3-review-great-game-held-back-major-missteps

I haven’t yet found any from the major online gaming sites, but I expect them to be along the same lines.

Overall the main issues are technical ones (along with the atrocious lip-syncing and some bad voice acting for some characters).

Total Posts: 111

Joined 2006-09-08

PM

S3 (PC version) currently has a Metacritic score of 60 basic on eight reviews:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/syberia-3

I’m still very disappointed in Microids - they appear to have handled this game very badly. Sokal must be most upset too.

Total Posts: 285

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

Irongiant909 - 26 April 2017 02:03 PM

S3 (PC version) currently has a Metacritic score of 60 basic on eight reviews:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/syberia-3

I’m still very disappointed in Microids - they appear to have handled this game very badly. Sokal must be most upset too.

Apart from tech issues ... what don’t you like about it? I think it’s a pretty good game.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Total Posts: 363

Joined 2012-09-20

PM

I just finished the game. My impression is that the game was very poor in the use of controler instead of just use the old point-and-click that we are used to; that is very bad. You must use both, controler and mouse, to go ahead. The change of camera angles some times is terrible. But I liked a lot the puzzles and story. Don’t know why people hated so much the lips-sinc. For me, a foreigner in english and french, that does not bother me. Kate and most of the characters in the game play very well. I would like to talk more about the game but I can’t find a spoiler tag in the options.

Total Posts: 1078

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

nomadsoul - 26 April 2017 05:19 PM

http://www.pcgamer.com/syberia-3-review/

Just how much spend for this,looks like a budget game?

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 285

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

Gabe - 27 April 2017 04:02 AM
nomadsoul - 26 April 2017 05:19 PM

http://www.pcgamer.com/syberia-3-review/

Just how much is the budget spend for this..?

The review? Probably not very much - it’s not very good and was written by someone called Fraser Brown, which frankly sounds like a made up name.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

so, is it really possible to be ported to handheld devices as it alleged?

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Advie - 27 April 2017 09:22 AM

so, is it really possible to be ported to handheld devices as it alleged?

Easily since PS4 version itself is messy, you can clip in NPCs fulltime
Portable will be messy too, and thats potential switch version
Slowdown on moving camera , some really blurry environment textures made me think why the heck they went full 3D
In some scenes there is detail (why i was duped initially, asylum parts are decent), in some there is loss of texturing and blurred texturing
Its inconsistent
Also forget doing thread of Environment voting like you did with Syb1
Gone are those beautiful areas, there is only one , Chernobyl version of Sokal thats all that can reach to his Syb1 or Amerzone level of beauty

Even with all the mess, this game is not 6/10
Its 7/10 atleast , also price is steep for quality
Should be 35$ at max
20$ ideal

Journalists as usual pointing out lip synchs issues where i can tell you DeusExmankind Divided had worse issues in that department

Kate walks and animate like Automaton herself too
Imagine it was on purpose and in Syberia4 we find out that Kate was automaton all along and Hans lost her as a kid
Some parents adopted her and moved to NYC

Tongue

Total Posts: 355

Joined 2017-03-09

PM

i bought it and regret it, really boring at times running around until you find something then repeat all over again. all the puzzles are decent myst style but annoying circling the mouse around the pad every time i want to use screwdriver or turn a wheel

they should have stopped at syb 1, maybe syb 2 as a dlc but no more

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

nomadsoul - 27 April 2017 05:13 PM

[

Kate walks and animate like Automaton herself too
Imagine it was on purpose and in Syberia4 we find out that Kate was automaton all along and Hans lost her as a kid
Some parents adopted her and moved to NYC

Tongue

Lol do Kate dream of electric sheep

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Finished, and it was a grind by the end, to say the least. There is very little joy left in this series and they’re milking it for every last drop. And another cliffhanger means that this series now has very little chance of a dignified ending. A shame, but that’s the games business I guess…

Total Posts: 298

Joined 2008-06-24

PM

People never seem to learn that you need to wait for reviews before buying games.  Buying a game based on hopes and wishes and hype only leads to more hackjobs like this being released.  Be more skeptical the more hype or anticipation you have.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top