• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

walas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Discussion about the State of HerInteractive

Total Posts: 84

Joined 2014-11-04

PM

Becky - 23 January 2017 10:34 AM

Clearly there’s a mystery here well worth solving. Can we get Ms. Drew on the case?  Tongue Nancy Drew: The Her Interactive Enigma.

It sounds as though some soft of official PR work on the part of Her would be helpful right about now. Dare to explain!

I feel so bad about breaking up the wonderful chain but I just wanted to say that part of what’s been getting people really…annoyed, to put it mildly, is the absolute LACK of any decent PR whatsoever. The only way fans found out the game is being developed by another company is they basically weaseled it out of the woman who runs the Amateur Sleuth Blog.

Another popular fan theory is that the newest CEO, Penny Milliken, doesn’t know what she’s doing and is trying to do things that would look good on a resume, as opposed to what looks good for a company. Ie. they started a podcast, they launched a new game series teaching girls how to code, etc. Without actually looking at the outcome of these things or if any of this is what fans wanted in the first place.

Please carry on the chain and excuse the interruption!

-DC

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Another popular fan theory is that the newest CEO, Penny Milliken, doesn’t know what she’s doing and is trying to do things that would look good on a resume, as opposed to what looks good for a company.

I just hope if Herinteractive can’t get this turned around, another company steps in and starts making Nancy Drew games. I hate to see this series die.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

The truth behind what really happened with Her Interactive can be found in this thread:

http://www.adventuregamers.com/forums/viewthread/7831/

.................The truth is out there!

Shifty Eyed

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 405

Joined 2006-04-21

PM

Good prank Mikekelly… though at this point I wouldn’t be surprised by anything anymore.

The real problem with reality is the lack of background music.

Knightette of the Order of the Caption

Music is what feelings sound like…

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Seriously, were the Nancy Drew games not making any money anymore? Also Lani Minelli is such a talented voice actress why would they want to replace her as if they needed a different voice the same lady could have provided it as she’s very versatile!
Is it really goodbye to Nancy Drew sweet ‘Teenage Detective’ to say hello to the crazy idea of Nancy Drew ‘Tomb Raider’.......................???? There doesn’t seem to be anything on the horizon?

Total Posts: 84

Joined 2014-11-04

PM

chrissie - 02 April 2017 02:50 PM

Seriously, were the Nancy Drew games not making any money anymore? Also Lani Minelli is such a talented voice actress why would they want to replace her as if they needed a different voice the same lady could have provided it as she’s very versatile!
Is it really goodbye to Nancy Drew sweet ‘Teenage Detective’ to say hello to the crazy idea of Nancy Drew ‘Tomb Raider’.......................???? There doesn’t seem to be anything on the horizon?

What fans have suspected for a long time is that this is the work of the new-ish CEO of Herinteractive. The games, as far as we know, WERE making money, enough to keep the company in business at least. The new CEO seems to have different priorities rather than giving fans what the company has previously been releasing, which is a shame.

Also, I agree, Lani Minella is AMAZING, hands down one of my favorite VAs of all time and honestly, I don’t think they could find a better Nancy. She’s perfect.

-DC

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2017-04-21

PM

I really want to know what is going on with this company! I sent an email to This American Life to pitch it as a story idea. I’d love it if someone looked into this and did some investigative journalism. If everyone writes to them asking them to cover Her Interactive as a story line, they may be more likely to cover it.

You can email them at .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) and ask them to investigate what is going on with Her Interactive.  I included some of crabapple’s resources about Sierra and Dreamcatcher to make the idea more compelling.

We need a concrete answer from HI if Midnight in Salem or any other game is ever coming out!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top