• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Friday 10 March

Total Posts: 5050

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Casual Friday

This screenshot is from Infected - The Twin Vaccine. It’s an adventure from Gogii Games. It’s a company that did some great games, but I haven’t seen it release anything recently.

A review/discussion of this game can be found on the Casual Games thread. A brief synopsis is that there is a deadly virus infecting a community. It infects twin girls. One of whom dies from the disease, the other recovers, but disappears. Since she may be the only key to developing a vaccine, you are tasked with tracking her down, and getting her back to the CDC, (Center for Disease Control.)

The story is well written and plausible. Music is good inasmuch as it doesn’t get in the way. Voice acting is good. There are a number of HO scenes, and they are all of the interactive variety. I.e. you must find a can opener to open a can which gets you a screwdriver that you use to open a panel which gets you a key that you will use to open a basement bunker. I found the HO scenes to be fairly difficult. The puzzles range from fairly easy to fairly hard. However, they are not unfair. I think I only had to use the Skip button once.

A good game. I wouldn’t mind seeing the hinted-at sequel if Gogii Games gets its act together.

Again, a discussion of the game is on the Casual Games thread. It starts in message #1528, and continues through the last post.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I played partway into this game years ago, but never finished. It was intriguing because it seemed more realistic than most casual games.

I am rather curious about what happened to Gogii games. Anybody have any info?

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

It seems it is a Canadian company. The gogiigames.com website is still up and running. There is a Help Wanted sign in the window. Can only assume that they are working on something, but there is no indication what that “something” might be. They appear to do things other than AG. I suppose it’s possible that they are doing corporate work which may or may not be more profitable than churning out AGs, casual or otherwise.

I’m tempted to write them.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Um, I say: go for it! Smile

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I will see what I can do tomorrow. Just like getting developers to participate in our playthroughs, it never hurts to ask.

Speaking of which, is anyone going to take up the mantle of organizing a casual playthrough? One is long overdue.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Follow up:

I watched the Bonus Game on YouTube.The version I watched was narrated by a guy who admitted that this was the first time he played the Bonus Game. It showed. The video took about 45 minutes. He used the Hint button more than I do!

Regardless, the Bonus Game is a prologue to the main game. Tiffany has died and father, Mike, is going back to Oxford to find Theresa. We also find out that Mike’s wife died during the birth of the twins.

The Bonus Game ends where you first encounter Mike in the rail yard.

My guess is that the Bonus Game would actually take an average player about 20-30 minutes. Mike never does find Theresa, or at least not until we find the two of them together in the school theater. So I really doubt whether any of us would find the bonus material worth the extra $$.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 343

Joined 2012-03-13

PM

Good to know about the bonus game. Mostly I don’t think bonus games are worth the money; they tend to miss out on the atmosphere and quality of the game itself. The Enigmatis series is an exception I think and also Angelica Weaver. And possibly Phantasmat.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top