• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Beckyskeeter_93

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Dream Machine

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Actually this Game released Chapters i have had downloaded for long while, but i just rolled it on only yesterday,
and actually what i have found out is it IS a Gem!.

i know it is Not Considered a Horror One, But it gives me the Creeps, from the Cupboard design to the story and the dialogues.. i didn’t feel half of this kinda scared ay (lets say) at Scratches or Black Mirror.

i wonder why there are no thread about it here in these forums, i wanted to see how is it and its reception for other Players, plus if there is any confirmed infos/News about the 4th Chapter date of release .

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Never heard of it. But I just visited their site, saw some pics and seems very intriguing…
The Clay avatars remind me slightly of The Dark Eye’s clay puppets, although I don’t know if the Dream Machine is as creepy. I hope it is. Smile

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Sefir - 24 August 2012 03:58 PM

although I don’t know if the Dream Machine is as creepy. I hope it is. Smile

I am not through all Yet Maybe someone else who had finished might have a better overlook, but i can say its made more Like (imo) in a physiological Creepy Style because i can not Describe it as Horror or Scary Adventure at All.

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

I just finished the first chapter. Easy, with graphics that reminds me more of the Neverhood than the Dark Eye. The chapter ended exactly at the moment where the story started to become interesting. It is not as creepy as we may thought (a little bit maybe), but it surely has the potetial to be in the next chapters. What I didn’t like is the compelete lack of voices though…

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

There is an Option to make a Voice (only one) ON.!!!

but its not with acting! only one voice for all the characters and the descriptions (like a commentary) ... but still it is acceptable, better than nothing .

Total Posts: 442

Joined 2006-06-14

PM

I’ve been patiently waiting for the fourth installment and will buy it as soon as it comes out.  Like The Journey Down the game’s graphics are captivating and unusual but are also linked to a good story.  It is rather creepy in parts since it deals with a sinister machine that invades your dreams and it’s workings are explained in such a clever psychology-speak way that you can almost believe it’s possible.  The puzzles are interesting and fit into the narrative very well and are not difficult.  You always know what is expected of you.

As I recall, the first two episodes were free.  Get it, You’ll like it!

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

For whoever haven’t played or finished the 3 chapter released
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR!!!?

A game that should never go underrated

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i don’t know , it poped into my head to remember a quote at the Game Start of the game today, that i didnt give it any attention .. so i searched and found it was from an old gone poet called Hughes Mearns. and it was titled Antigonish written 1899.
anyways i read it differently and it made me shiver !!!

Side-Note:i think we need a thread for Quotes (of AGs) shared with no contest or competition, there are so many that can be fun to just read .

anyways (again) here is the Poem.

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn’t there
He wasn’t there again today
I wish, I wish he’d go away…

When I came home last night at three
The man was waiting there for me
But when I looked around the hall
I couldn’t see him there at all!
Go away, go away, don’t you come back any more!
Go away, go away, and please don’t slam the door… (slam!)

Last night I saw upon the stair
A little man who wasn’t there
He wasn’t there again today
Oh, how I wish he’d go away

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

The Dream Machine Chapter 4,after two year of waiting it turned out to be the best Part, so far ..i ken.

The Rock, Paper, Shotgun Review

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Finally.. the FINALE is decided.. for May the 11th, wow! this thread is like it have been made at/on/in a total different dimension, it is scary to its own self!

Total Posts: 442

Joined 2006-06-14

PM

Yep, WOW!  I can’t believe it’s actually here and that I’ve been looking forward to new episodes for the last four years.  Now what will I do with my life?  Laughing

I had a post about the game that’s in the archive somewhere.  I played it when it first came out.

Total Posts: 448

Joined 2006-11-20

PM

Oh great (he said, facetiously)! Now I’ma gonna have to go back and replay the entire game once this comes out. I honestly thought chapter 5 was the end as I really don’t remember it ending on a cliffhanger, or for that matter how it ended at all! Thankfully I’m retired, so I should be able to squeeze this in to my gaming schedule sometime!  Laughing

Life is too short to drink bad wine…

Total Posts: 294

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

I agree that Dream Machine has a deeply scary dimension to it, even though not a horror. Chapter 6 is gonna be real interesting. I wonder what kind of things will be lurking in baby dreamtime?

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

starting from Chapter 4 the game grew very difficult some puzzles are too wired; the door code (from a to b) or the sleeping recipe .. how did people respond to that, it like Riven but even compressed at small locations without much exploration .. i kinda love and hate this game, its beautiful but i hate it because it makes me use walkthroughs.

Total Posts: 294

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

Advie - 21 March 2017 04:06 PM

starting from Chapter 4 the game grew very difficult some puzzles are too wired; the door code (from a to b) or the sleeping recipe .. how did people respond to that, it like Riven but even compressed at small locations without much exploration .. i kinda love and hate this game, its beautiful but i hate it because it makes me use walkthroughs.

My friend you know you don’t have to use a walkthrough! Remember how long sierra games used to take, and Fate of atlantis took me a whole year to finish blind! If i get stuck I find a night of good sleep always helps Smile

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

BitingWit - 21 March 2017 10:37 PM
Advie - 21 March 2017 04:06 PM

My friend you know you don’t have to use a walkthrough! Remember how long sierra games used to take, and Fate of atlantis took me a whole year to finish blind! If i get stuck I find a night of good sleep always helps Smile

Ahh, well tat seems like a different me then Smile but thank you for reminding, i need to get my shit together when playing these kinda of adventure,
i guess the problem is those low-wit adventures that eat away your patience for how easy they are, and when you come back to something so good as the Dream Machine you feel a bit shaky .. but that can be fixed Wink

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top