• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445walas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Citizens on Patrol - A Police Quest Playthrough

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I finished PQ2, after the terrorists scene and we get to Steelton the game seems rushed. Just go to the park, a small sewer maze Sick  and get to the final confrontation that is very disappointing compared to the first game.
The game is fun, mostly because I liked how it picked up from the last game and was one big manhunt where the player was always one step behind the criminal.
There is some good evolution in the investigation part with the criminal kit showing and the ability to take fingerprints,etc - the problem is it all seems worthless because we know from the beginning who is the culprit so there not much motivation to do it except for the points… I don’t think I even got the reports on all the stuff I collected.
The terrorist doesn’t make sense but at least it was fun even if it was a timed event.
The gameplay frustrations I already discussed, don’t be hesitant to use a walkthrough is my advice Smile
On to the next one

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I think PQ2 doesn’t really manage to convey over what’s being a police officer is like in the same way PQ1 does manage to do. PQ2 feels far more like a standard adventure game and that is underlined more the nonsensical plot ques like the terrorists in the plane. I’d say it has an air of that Walls had been watching too many cop shows at that point and turned what was basically a cop simulator masked as an adventure game into an adventure with adventure annoyances.

Total Posts: 813

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

Why would anyone want to play a cop simulator anyway? Like, imagine SQ would have you actually sweeping floors for the vast majority of the game. Even if you find clues in the trash and occasionally get to use them to do something cool, that would suck.
Cop shows distill the cool parts about being a cop, the things people actually want. I never understood (and never enjoyed) the Sierra games that were about rigidly following procedure. Even when you’re “winning” them you’re not having fun.

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Considering people play bus or farming simulators, playing a cop simulator doesn’t sound like that strange.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

The simulator part of the first game had it’s charm. One of the problems in the second it that your a homicide detective that doesn’t need to do a lot of investigation because you know who the killer was from the start. Meybe having one or two more cases would have helped.
I mean, in the scene in the park we get shot and almost ran over by Jessie. Why do we need to collect samples and measure foot prints after?

Now to start Police Quest 3: The Kindred

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Be ready for an ending that makes you go “whaat? Her?”

PQ3 is a bit more like PQ1. While it has an overarching plot, it also has same kind of “regular police” things in it, like speeders and drunk drivers. You can miss them though and are there only for extra points, which is nice.

And the driving system is just bad.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

you will consider how good PQ1 and 2 after finishing this ..

btw you will Jane as a rookie at game’s computer terminal Grin

My tip this time, until the fifth day follow the causal police procedures

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Interestingly enough the music for PQ3 was made by Jan Hammer, who also did theme for Miami Vice.

Also, speaking of Jane, I’ve understood that she finalized the script for the game as Jim himself left to Tsunami before the production was fully wrapped.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

when it come to Sierra OST its Mark Seibert!

listen to the soundtrack of Codename Iceman, unbelievable the midi sound he used at that time still sound okay until this moment.. tho its a bad game, bur i believe it has the best score ever made at Sierra Ags

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I didn’t know this existed, a Japanese version of PQ2:

Looks pretty much like the original, but it has anime heads for character close ups. And what have they done to the captain? Skip to 2 hours 35 mins to see the full deal of the horror.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

hows PQ3 wilco? and does the game has THE MANUAL map?

Here is an edited full locations one.

Image Attachments

pq3map.gif

Total Posts: 285

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

“Crack House” - I must say I admire that Lytton Town is culturally open enough to put such interesting tourist interest points on their official map!

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

(laughing in tears)
this is the original background but the locations are edited* over, already mentioned that at the original post, but making sure your joke was genuine Laughing

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Advie - 22 March 2017 08:20 PM

hows PQ3 wilco? and does the game has THE MANUAL map?

Here is an edited full locations one.

Barely played it yet, just did some things at the station and started driving (that seems like a chore…). Looks and sounds good so far.
Thanks for the map.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

you are welcome, no need really to tire oneself over where exactly you need pull over

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top