• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

General Gaming News Thread

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

From what i’m hearing the game has it’s moments, the combat is better than before but the whole thing is held back by technical issues and a dull story.

It’s an average game where people were expecting greatness.

Of course that doesn’t justify the disgusting shit that has been thrown at some of EA’s employees by some arsehole fans.

People need to grow up and realise it’s just a game.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Best quotes from reviews

Metro - 6/10

We didn’t particularly like any of the characters and interacting with them often comes across like some purposefully silly-looking YouTube skit. Whereas the team behind Andromeda’s action and role-playing elements have used the five years since Mass Effect 3 wisely it feels like those working on the script and story have only just woken up from hypersleep themselves, and dashed out this rushed and worryingly flawed game in a matter of weeks, not years.

VentureBeat - 5.5/10

Games have to fit into our lives, and that’s not always fair. Mass Effect: Andromeda might’ve worked a decade ago on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, but it doesn’t work in a world that is delivering games like Horizon: Zero Dawn, Nier: Automata, and The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. In this reality, BioWare’s latest role-playing game is old, broken, and often boring. Worst of all, it’s going to disappoint fans of the Mass Effect series.

Lucien21 - 20 March 2017 04:12 PM

From what i’m hearing the game has it’s moments, the combat is better than before but the whole thing is held back by technical issues and a dull story.

Of course that doesn’t justify the disgusting shit that has been thrown at some of EA’s employees by some arsehole fans.

And dull characters, forget that you will find anyone close to bad ass cast of
Legion,Wrex,Garrus,Liara, Ashley etc

ME was greatness, it was at Witcher levels good on that time, and made me forget Halo as space opera…romances, to lore to races to choices

It ceased to be just a game when Game Devs became far more political first when they started leftist agenda and thats why got its negative rep by conservatives and well people not fond of the agenda

Read about Manveer guy who started throwing insults at whites and even did GDC conference
They took it to more political level, and all LGBT focus was agenda driven
(not my opinion its a fact) and i just came to know about this

Plus this , check from 8:50

Thats not how you build teams, thats what bring companies down and MEA is result

So yeah when you trigger these people they will go and retort
Unfortunately neither sides are grown up

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

EA turns everything they touch to shit. I grew up on Command and conquer, and in my mind, it was better than warcraft. One of those 2 franchises is dead, and it ain’t warcraft. Also all of the old Origin and Bullfrog titles, Maxis is almost dead, they completely ruined popcap with an ultra greedy pay 2 win plants vs zombies 2, and now it is Bioware’s turn.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SoccerDude28 - 20 March 2017 04:49 PM

EA turns everything they touch to shit. I grew up on Command and conquer, and in my mind, it was better than warcraft. One of those 2 franchises is dead, and it ain’t warcraft. Also all of the old Origin and Bullfrog titles, Maxis is almost dead, they completely ruined popcap with an ultra greedy pay 2 win plants vs zombies 2, and now it is Bioware’s turn.

All the companies and westwood,Pandemic,Bullfrog in my last post pic, that was inevitable

I dont know who is worse MS or EA, both are killing projects an IPs

Halo is dead franchise now, Halowars2 sold less than Nioh

edit

BW pulled a ubi

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Damn even GB are killing it

More

Game of the year just for making me laugh harder thn anythin

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Terrible stuff, don’t like a game write a bad review and complain at the forums, but going after developers in social media or something…  Pan  Pan  Pan

Total Posts: 1619

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

I know this might ruffle some feathers but I think the Mass Effect Trilogy is one of the most over hyped franchises of all time. The only one that I really loved was the first, bc to me it had the most interesting part of the main story, it had the only real antagonist of the whole series with any depth to his character in Saren, ME1 had cool underling bad guys in the geth (which later games made “friends”), and was the only game that made it seems your choices matter.

I actually think 2 is the weakest one, bc the main story basically spins it wheels and only really matters at the start and the end. 2 does bring in the illusive man, too bad he is a one note villain that never goes anywhere in the series. Plus we see quickly in 2 that your choices truly matter very little from the first game. save the council or not in the first game and they still treat you like an idiot and act like they never saw a reaper in part 2. there are some cool new characters like thane and the Dr. who worked on the genophage, (PS the genophage subplot was easily the most interesting plot in the whole game and probably should have been the main story, far more interesting than the reapers at least to me.) Plus just too many characters in general and a lot that were kind of blah to me, which was made eve worse by the dlc, aka added more boring sub characters like the marine dude. Plus I like RPGs and I feel like 2 and 3 took out most rpg elements, even though 1 did have too many pick ups especially when it came to armor, same problem im having with the witcher 3 aka too much useless junk in your inventory. Plus in 2 we go from the geth to the collectors a huge downgrade at least to me, although the codex did help flesh them out. Plus even though the exploration could have been implemented better in 1 I hate that they basically took it away in the sequels. oh and lets not forget that 2 decided to copy the game fable with the whole, you do bad things and you grow horns like a devil and look evil, that was so lame.

I could go on but I think yall get the jist. I dont hate the games but never understood all the praise. I think the new mass effect had an interesting premise but it seems it was all for naught. As Simon Cowell would say, “sorry that is a no for me.”

Total Posts: 53

Joined 2014-06-27

PM

I’m 12 hours into ME: Andromeda, and I seriously don’t understand the issue with this game. It’s simply brilliant.

I’ve not encountered a single bug and animations are ok for a mass effect game.
This IS the mass effect game i’ve been waiting for. In my opinion it blends together the original series with Dragon Age: Inquisition gameplay wise, which is great as those are my favourite games.

I love to explore these open world planets and like in DA: Inquisition those areas really change as you get further into the game.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

(Nomad can’t post so asked me to post this)

animations are ok for a mass effect game.
This IS the mass effect game i’ve been waiting for

Smile

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Starcraft Remastered coming this Summer

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-03-27-starcraft-remastered-out-this-summer

Reminds how many hours I’ve put into that game and how I never even finished Starcraft 2 campaign… I don’t think I can handle RTS anymore.

Total Posts: 53

Joined 2014-06-27

PM

wilco - 27 March 2017 03:07 AM

(Nomad can’t post so asked me to post this)

animations are ok for a mass effect game.
This IS the mass effect game i’ve been waiting for

Smile

It seems that i’m one of the lucky few that don’t have such issues. Because believe me if the game would have played like that i would have smashed my keyboard out of frustration Angry
Graphics are VERY important to me.

That’s why to this day i still hate Watch Dogs because that game had a lot of graphical issues (but not as bad as the ones shown in this youtube vid)

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Persona 5 reviewing very well (as expected in this case)

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/persona-5

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Outcast - Second Contact coming this Fall

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Scorpio is going to be revealed tomorrow at 2pm (GMT+1 time) , it will be Digital Foundry revealing it so it might only be the technical aspects and the rest will be saved for E3

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Is anyone following the development of Yooka-Laylee?

I’m looking forward to it as an avid Rare and David Wise fan but some reviews are making me fairly nervous.

Human balloon Jim Sterling gave it a 2/10. I don’t recall any reviewer giving a highly anticipated title such a low rating in recent history.

Hope that’s just an anomaly.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top