• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

zobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Stories Untold

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

From the guys who made House Abandon last year are releasing full game , with 4 eps

Loved their pilot, more details

http://store.steampowered.com/app/558420/

Teaser

-80s, text based

-Lead UI Designer of Alien: Isolation.

-The Stories Untold poster was created by Kyle Lambert who also designed the same for the Netflix series Stranger Things

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 09 February 2017 10:59 AM

-The Stories Untold poster was created by Kyle Lambert who also designed the same for the Netflix series Stranger Things

Yep, that teaser looked a lot like something out of Stranger Things, at first I thought it was connected or something.
The concept of the game is cool.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

That red light is giving off HAL vibes.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 116

Joined 2013-04-13

PM

Is there any way to make the text appear faster? I don’t remember having to wait for the text to appear back when I played Zork.

Total Posts: 101

Joined 2016-02-18

PM

I finished the game yesterday, and thought the game did some very clever things. It was definitely worth playing.

desiderio59 - 14 March 2017 03:13 PM

Is there any way to make the text appear faster? I don’t remember having to wait for the text to appear back when I played Zork.

When I started the game I had a problem with text appearing slowly, as well as overall bad graphical performance. Between Chapters 2 and 3 my new graphics card arrived (a GeForce GTX 1050 instead of a GeForce GT 630), and suddenly in Chapter 4 the text is appearing much faster, and the graphics are much smoother. It appears the game requires a pretty powerful GPU to run smoothly. So I do hope they include an option for lower-quality graphics in a future patch, to enable people with a less powerful GPU to enjoy the game.

Because I think this game really deserves an audience.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Yeah its a performance issue
Also game can crawl up on frames in sections i dont want to spoil

Game is legit good, had really fun time, atmospheric and imaginative, plays with your perspective while presenting in good style of 80s

It has puzzle solving, PnC elements and lite text adventure elements

If you liked HerStory and Event0 , you will like it

Total Posts: 116

Joined 2013-04-13

PM

Wow, really, it’s a performance issue? I like the graphic thing, I’m sure there’s going to be a point to it but it’s great for the aesthetic alone. Still, would have been nice to put a setting to lower the graphics. Also, in lieu of that they could have an option to have the text appear all at once instead of a letter at a time.

Total Posts: 101

Joined 2016-02-18

PM

On the Steam forums the developer has been asking for bug reports, as they are working on an update/patch for the game: Steam forum link.

In another thread about graphics settings the developer posted :“Sensible options on their way in patch 1 - hopefully tomorrow! Sorry about the wait.” So there’s a good chance the performance issues will be addressed in the upcoming patch.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top