• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Thimbleweed Park—Maniac Mansion style game from Ron Gilbert & Gary Winnick

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

I dont think this clown character demo has been posted,

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

New trailer,

Ron knows what he is doing.
What genre is about.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

It just kept ringing in my head what Ron had at that article and couldn’t not share it if anyone hasn’t read/seen it before…

There are kind of two audiences for the game,” Gilbert explains to me just after we’ve finished a demo of the nearly-finished Thimbleweed. “There’s the point ‘n’ click crowd – who loved Monkey Island and Maniac Mansion and all those games – but there’s also all these new people, who love Firewatch and Gone Home and Kentucky Route Zero. It’s really about building a point ‘n’ click game that they’re going to enjoy too

okay if this guy really knows what he is talking about then this phase of what adventure gaming going through now {which is being between there (classic adventuring) and here (story-driven)} is gonna be well thought at Thimbleweed .. not that it wasn’t handled good and the new Kings Quest but at the end it was more of being here than there..
oKAY.. let see what kinda adventure this REALLY is going to be?!

refenrece
http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/02/10/thimbleweed-park-is-secretly-an-open-world-point-ana-click-game

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

His point is that there are a lot of people who never played the LucasArts adventure games and became interested in story games more recently with things like like Firewatch and Gone Home, and he hopes those people will also like Thimbleweed Park. He’s not saying that Thimbleweed Park is that type of game.

Jack posted a preview last week that gives a pretty good idea of what kind of adventure this is really going to be. Wink

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Thanks fov, but I envy you guys for playing parts of it before us.. Smile

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

THREE DAYS!

EDIT: I’m a moron.

Total Posts: 387

Joined 2013-02-17

PM

Release date is March 30th 2017!!  Thumbs Up  Thumbs Up  Thumbs Up

Little more than three days but still great news!  Tongue

Playing: 1) Broken Sword 5 2) Road 96

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

tomimt will come in saying ‘pinch my nipple’ well i 2nd that!

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

More like my nipples are exploding from delight. I really, really wish this will be a good game. It’s been a pleasure following Ron & co. making it, so fingers crossed and all that.

Total Posts: 555

Joined 2004-02-11

PM

Really looks super good.

I’m in the small minority of people that liked Maniac Mansion more than DOTT (though it surely helped that MM was one of the first games I ever played), so this is right up my alley.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Personally I’d say I like both MM and DOTT equally, but from different reasons. I like MM because it’s a b-horror movie parody and DOTT because it’s zany Looney Toons type of a time travel comedy.

I do think it’s a bit pointless to compare them considering how different they are in style. It’s a bit of a same thing with the KQ and the original ones: same characters but vastly different take on them.

Total Posts: 175

Joined 2008-09-02

PM

Excellent video interview with Ron Gilbert (running time 50 minutes), conducted by Jan Schneider - former editor-in-chief of Adventure-Treff.

Now playing: GreedFall, Control
Recently finished: Telling Lies, The Sinking City

Total Posts: 387

Joined 2013-02-17

PM

Great interview! Thanks for the link Thumbs Up

Playing: 1) Broken Sword 5 2) Road 96

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Thanks Ingamr!
but wait a sec at (21:14) Ron called Firewatch an adventure game, what else do you need, guys what are you waiting for?

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top