• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 5594

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I bought the game today from the Mac Game Store, so I’m ready to go.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 5050

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

This is kind of embarrassing. As much as I hate Steam and prefer GOG, I am at a roadblock at the checkout counter at GOG. I am simply unable to complete the payment process required to download the game.

I will be trying again over the next several days. Assuming I am eventually successful, I still may be a little late to the party.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 101

Joined 2016-02-18

PM

That voting went pretty smoothly… Thanks to TerminusEst for counting the votes. I didn’t vote as I’ve played Kathy Rain when it came out and am not likely to play Al Emmo (it not being available on GOG), but I might reinstall Kathy Rain now it has won and play along. Depends on how much time I have in the coming weeks - also playing Monkey Island 2 together with my wife Smile

Good luck with leading the playthrough Chrissie!

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Thank you kabouter & glad that you may be able to jump on board for the playthrough along with Renacimiento!  I hope Tim that you manage to sort out the problem with GoG!

I’ll be starting the playthrough thread within the next few hours Lady Kestrel!  Smile

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

kabouter - 26 January 2017 03:18 AM

and am not likely to play Al Emmo (it not being available on GOG)

It’s DRM free at The Humble Store. Anyway, it didn’t win but there’s a lot of interest so it should have a good chance next time.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

@chrissie

I was finally able to get everything to work thanks to the techs at GOG. The purchase actually occurred, but for some reason it never made it to my screen. Anyway, it’s downloaded with a shortcut on my desktop. Have not had a chance to test it yet, but should be ready to go by Saturday. Fingers crossed. Now I have to write tomorrow’s AGSOTD and get ready for tomorrow’s guitar lesson.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Glad you got it sorted out Tim so hoping that you will be joining in with this wonderful game playthrough!

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Fran Bow - Mike Kelly Leader

Hotel Dusk - Mike Kelly Leader

The last Window - Mike Kelly Leader

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I’d like to play Fran Bow, Mikekelly.  The other two aren’t possible for me because I don’t have DS.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Time for no more playthoughs.. ahh well

i vote for Quern: Undying Thoughts.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Mikekelly - 27 February 2017 03:46 AM

Fran Bow - Mike Kelly Leader

Hotel Dusk - Mike Kelly Leader

The last Window - Mike Kelly Leader

Heart

I’m in the same boat as Lady Kestrel in that I don’t have a DS so unfortunately couldn’t join in with a playthrough of either Hotel Dusk, or The Last Window which I did manage to play a lot of on my sister’s DS when I visited a few years ago, but yes! Fran Bow I can do!  Smile

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I said I’d never do it again but okay, I’ll have another go at hosting for the next playthrough:

NOMINATIONS & VOTING

Fran Bow (3):  Mikekelly (leader), Lady Kestrel, chrissie
Hotel Dusk (1):  Mikekelly (leader)
The Last Window (1):  Mikekelly (leader)
Quern: Undying Thoughts  (1): Advie

From what I understand from the ‘rules’ you have 15 days to get your nominations in & vote.
So from now you have until the 14th March with voting closed at 9.00 PM (GMT time)

Total Posts: 7445

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

You can put my name next to all four the games. Smile

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Hmmm.  Quern looks interesting.  You can put me down for that one as well.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Because it was a close second for the umpteenth time, and spent a fair amount of time in 1st place, I nominate and vote for Al Emmo.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top