• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Saturday 25 February 2017

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

The Omega Stone/Riddle of the Sphinx II

The Omega Stone begins just after Riddle of the Sphinx ends.  When you wake up, the archeologist, Sir Gil Geoffreys, gives you a new assignment that will take you all over the globe.  He explains that a second scroll was found describing an end-of-the-world prophesy.  Your task is to collect six discs from six different locations in order to find the Omega Stone and save the world.  Easy peasy?  Of course not, but that’s just the way I like it! 

This is a game of exploration and major puzzle solving.  Clues abound but are not always easy to find.  The screenshot shows a puzzle from Chichen Itza that takes a lot of exploring in a creepy underground cenote to finally solve.  I have to say that I was relieved to finally come out into the sunshine again at the end of this, the longest section of the game.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 343

Joined 2012-03-13

PM

A good game! I really liked the atmosphere and the puzzles but you are right about the underground passages. The puzzles were good but collecting those things was extremely frustrating and, in my mind, unnecessary and ill-advised.

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I actually didn’t mind the collecting and exploring.  It was the depressing atmosphere of the place that started to get to me.  It was well done, but not a place I’d cheerfully visit in real life.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 343

Joined 2012-03-13

PM

Lady Kestrel - 26 February 2017 03:33 PM

I actually didn’t mind the collecting and exploring.  It was the depressing atmosphere of the place that started to get to me.  It was well done, but not a place I’d cheerfully visit in real life.

Interesting that we had problems with the same place for different reasons. I had found all but two of the pesky things and ended up going all over the stupid cave for hours before I found the last two. Wait…actually I agree with you. The depressing atmosphere of the place was starting to get to me :)

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Heard so many good things about this series. Have to try it sometimes.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Spoken with tongue firmly implanted in cheek, I presume.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

I loved Riddle of the Sphinx but couldn’t get into Omega Stone at all - it seemed quite arbitrary after how tightly constructed RotS was, and if I recall correctly there was a puzzle with clues written on a wall that was difficult mostly because the graphics weren’t clear enough…

Total Posts: 442

Joined 2006-06-14

PM

I loved both games and got around the slogs by only playing in one hour increments which is usually the only time I have for games anyway.  It was challenging to find the last two but I had a good idea where they were.  I could play three or four just like them.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top